Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jesus dude.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
too bad you're still asian, lol.

just kidding, looking good. what's your secret?

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, you look like you are in your 40s.

However I got mad respect for the body you have!

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChrizZ said:
LOL, you look like you are in your 40s.

However I got mad respect for the body you have!
That explains why the only girls outside of school who seem to be more interested in me are around five years older than me :confused:
Master Bates said:
too bad you're still asian, lol.
Yep:D
Master Bates said:
just kidding, looking good. what's your secret?
Asian secret: Make sure the gym has the right feng sui, feel the chi, and eat lots of chicken testicles :woo:

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, my old marital arts teacher used to tell me that the weights had chi energy. And the heaver the weight, the more chi energy was available for me to lift the weight.

Good stuff, what is your current diet/routine? No one can give advice if we don't know that.

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m actually a very unorganized person and never have a real plan when working out, but here are just a few things I follow.

1. Do 4-5 sets on whatever muscle you are working on.

2. 10-12 reps/set, depending on weight—Say, if your first set is sort of a warm up and is really light, 17-20 won’t hurt.

3. After those 4-5 sets, do another 4-5 sets on the same muscle but on a different machine, slope, motion, etc. If you haven’t died yet—and you haven’t—do another 4-5 sets on the same muscles again. IMO this way of working out works well for the pecs as I can do bench press, inclined and declining presses, dips, pec fly, pushups… that’s easily 24-30 sets…I rarely do that since I like to work out more than just a few muscle groups for each work out, but if I really want to focus on my pecs…it’ll be good.

4. Find a good balance between getting the motions correct but still feeling like you can't go on anymore at the end of each set. I growl in pain on most sets, I hope you do too.

5. Generally, I alternate between the pull and push muscles…so if I’ve just killed myself doing bench presses, I might continue onto the shoulders but after that, these push muscles will be just too tired… I would therefore definitely not go for the triceps until I’ve rested them while I work on the biceps and back.

6. In the summer I work out for 2 hours, generally, sometimes 3. Now I have to work out for 1 hour to 1 and a half hours…I take a break in between and use that time for the protein shake—it gets me going for the second half.

7. Yes, your muscles do need to rest so you shouldn’t be killing yourself every single day—but this type of mindset easily forces you to become lazy—so tell yourself to go to the gym every single day anyway and Do It because there are going to be days when you Really don’t have the time to work out at all, and these days serve as breaks.

I find that the days when I got tons of work and tests coming up are the days I absolutely need to work out, even if it means rushing to the gym less than an hour before it closes and just senselessly murdering myself—the sense of accomplishment after I stagger out is priceless.

8. Sleep. This weekend, I finally got enough sleep and I was surprised by how my pecs grew so fast… scary… almost like a penis erecting eh.

9. Lean meat, eggs, beans, milk, you hear it all the time…but they’re good. You gotta eat enough to gain muscles, but at the same time, eating more means you can easily gain fat. So you do have to find a week or two (or month, if you’re that fat) once in a while to just not care about gaining, work out just as much anyway, but really cut down on your diet. I finally learned that building muscles isn’t about trying to get heavier—that’s too easy an excuse for getting fat. Look into the mirror to make sure you’re building but try to keep your weight the same, if not lighter.

Well, there’s the amateur’s advice :D … would appreciate any other suggestions … and if you’re real familiar with this stuff already, go ahead and criticize my work out “plan:rolleyes: ” and help me out.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats your goal?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're at a good body fat percentage right now. If I were you, I'd start to eat 200-400 more cals per day of protein and fat, and bump your cardio up another half hour a week. That change should facilitate muscle growth better.

In the summer I work out for 2 hours, generally, sometimes 3.
That's how much I work out a week, summer or winter :) Why do you work out more in the summer than winter?

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice!

Your sig cracks me up by the way haha.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AMAZING! You've worked hard and it SHOWS!!!!!

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
You're at a good body fat percentage right now. If I were you, I'd start to eat 200-400 more cals per day of protein and fat, and bump your cardio up another half hour a week. That change should facilitate muscle growth better.
thanks for the advice.
Quiksilver said:
That's how much I work out a week, summer or winter :) Why do you work out more in the summer than winter?
um...because...summer = vacation. :up:

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oneshot said:
I’m actually a very unorganized person and never have a real plan when working out, but here are just a few things I follow.

1. Do 4-5 sets on whatever muscle you are working on.

2. 10-12 reps/set, depending on weight—Say, if your first set is sort of a warm up and is really light, 17-20 won’t hurt.

3. After those 4-5 sets, do another 4-5 sets on the same muscle but on a different machine, slope, motion, etc. If you haven’t died yet—and you haven’t—do another 4-5 sets on the same muscles again. IMO this way of working out works well for the pecs as I can do bench press, inclined and declining presses, dips, pec fly, pushups… that’s easily 24-30 sets…I rarely do that since I like to work out more than just a few muscle groups for each work out, but if I really want to focus on my pecs…it’ll be good.

4. Find a good balance between getting the motions correct but still feeling like you can't go on anymore at the end of each set. I growl in pain on most sets, I hope you do too.

5. Generally, I alternate between the pull and push muscles…so if I’ve just killed myself doing bench presses, I might continue onto the shoulders but after that, these push muscles will be just too tired… I would therefore definitely not go for the triceps until I’ve rested them while I work on the biceps and back.

6. In the summer I work out for 2 hours, generally, sometimes 3. Now I have to work out for 1 hour to 1 and a half hours…I take a break in between and use that time for the protein shake—it gets me going for the second half.

7. Yes, your muscles do need to rest so you shouldn’t be killing yourself every single day—but this type of mindset easily forces you to become lazy—so tell yourself to go to the gym every single day anyway and Do It because there are going to be days when you Really don’t have the time to work out at all, and these days serve as breaks.

I find that the days when I got tons of work and tests coming up are the days I absolutely need to work out, even if it means rushing to the gym less than an hour before it closes and just senselessly murdering myself—the sense of accomplishment after I stagger out is priceless.

8. Sleep. This weekend, I finally got enough sleep and I was surprised by how my pecs grew so fast… scary… almost like a penis erecting eh.

9. Lean meat, eggs, beans, milk, you hear it all the time…but they’re good. You gotta eat enough to gain muscles, but at the same time, eating more means you can easily gain fat. So you do have to find a week or two (or month, if you’re that fat) once in a while to just not care about gaining, work out just as much anyway, but really cut down on your diet. I finally learned that building muscles isn’t about trying to get heavier—that’s too easy an excuse for getting fat. Look into the mirror to make sure you’re building but try to keep your weight the same, if not lighter.

Well, there’s the amateur’s advice :D … would appreciate any other suggestions … and if you’re real familiar with this stuff already, go ahead and criticize my work out “plan:rolleyes: ” and help me out.
fvck! you did all that in 2 years?!? your juicing arent you?

what are your stats? height? weight? body fat? and how much did you weigh when u started? Whoa! EFFORT...i wanna look like that bro...transform me! :up:

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, Ken, I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not. You must be, because no one in this world would need steroids to look like that after two years :) He's about 160lbs.

You look good man, keep up your good work man :) What're your goals btw?

shaun

xilley

Don Juan
Reaction score
sweett... Taiwanese pride !
lol
i am hoping to be like that when i turn 16 !
whats your height?
and were you that tall since you started working outt?

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
lol, Ken, I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not. You must be, because no one in this world would need steroids to look like that after two years :) He's about 160lbs.

You look good man, keep up your good work man :) What're your goals btw?

shaun
wow...nice guess...actually around 158lbs...
Ken785 said:
what are your stats? height? weight? body fat? and how much did you weigh when u started? Whoa! EFFORT...i wanna look like that bro...transform me!
170cm :eek:
158lbs
body fat: will figure that out soon
motivation: lost a fight and got pissed:box: (not pissed anymore)
um... I started out at about...135lbs...get a trainer/someone experienced to teach you all the basics...do the stuff everyday and you're there :up:
hmmm...my intention is not to put my body on display (althought that is basically what im doing :cool:), but have some intellectual muscle discussions:)
any of you got pics?