Just Broke Up with GF of at least 15 months! Not doing the best

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had been seeing a girl for at least 15 months. Like many situations, things were great in the beginning, but later turned into constant fighting, and me being somewhat bored with her, so much so that I didn't even want to have sex with her all the time.

Well the truth of the matter is, she was a good girl, that is why I stayed with her so long. She had only had 1 other partner (so she says) than me, and was very family oriented. Hence, this is what I liked most about her.

Well because I haven't been very happy, I was thinking about telling her I needed a break. She knew this and planned to discuss it with me. Well Tuesday night she went out to have coffee with one of her best friends and left me a message saying so. I called her like 20 minutes later which would have been 10 at night and she didn't answer. I left her a message saying "I guess you can't answer your phone when you're with your friends, bye" or something stupid like that.

Well I didn't get a call back, so I tried again around 12:30 at night, and still no answer. Well I left a message saying "Ok, we are officially on a break"

Well the next morning I see a message on my voice mail that came in at 1:20 in the morning that night. She seemed to not even acknowledge my message saying something like "Oh my friend was using my phone when you called, Im going to go to bed now Ill talk to you tommorow"

Well I was pissed and I ignored her phone calls the whole next day which was Wednesday.

So Thursday comes around, Im at work, and I see her calling. This time I decide to pick up. She's like "Whats wrong with you, how are you not going to talk to me all day, I heard your message about the break, we should at least talk about this"

I told her its messed up to not pick up my phone calls at night when you're "supposeidely having coffee with your friend" and she's like "how many times have you done that to me (which is true)" I still being mad, refused to talk to her and ended up hanging up. She kept calling my work and finally I talked to her again and she said "Ill come up there to your job if I have to, you better talk to me!"

Well anyway I told her I would talk to her later, but she called me and said some of her friends were going out to dinner to celebrate one of her friends birthdays. I had known about this, and I was actually relieved because I didn't want to see her.

Well anyway she called me before she was going to leave around 8:40 and left me a message. I had called back (I did block my number) at about 12:30 again and no answer. I called back again and still no answer. Ok, so now I'm thinking this girl must be out somewhere. Well the next day comes around which was yesterday.

I call her at work, and I ask her where she went last night, she says she went out, and I ask her where and she tells me the name of the Bar/Club.

Well let me tell you this Bar/Club is like the hot spot where everyone goes. This is where a lot of people meet/hook up etc..

When she said this I immediately felt fury running through my body and I hung up the on her.

She called me back, I answered the phone and said "We're done" and hung up

She called me back like 4 more times, and left a message saying "I'd at least like to know why you are mad, call me back"

Well I didn't call her all day, and about 8:30 yesterday she left another message saying "If you ever loved me, you'll call me back so we can talk about this"

Well I call her back but I was furious...

This is where I am really feeling bad...

I basically tell her off bad, I mean really bad. I was holding all this anger inside, I said some very mean and hurtful things, and I said them on purpose because I was so angry. I told her things like I thought she was a good girl, and now she's all about going out like a slut blah blah, I told her I never wanted to talk to her again, I told her she was fat and guys probably hit on her cause they thought she was easy.

Yeah I know terrible things.... and I just let them out, I was so angry and hurt that in that moment I wanted to hurt her.

Well after saying these things I immediately hung up the phone and about 5 minutes later when I cooled off I realized what an ******* I was.

I tried to call her back but she kept ignoring my calls. I left her 1 message saying something like "I want you to know I didnt mean what I said, I was just very angry, I wish you good luck"

I tried calling back a few times after that, but its was no use, she probably shut her phone off.

I do need a break from her, but now I probably killed this for good. Here I am the next day and I just don't know what to do or think......

I know I just rambled on, but this is a true story and any input I recieve I would appreciate it.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
over........

Hey,

It is over.
You need to dump her sorry @ss and move on.

cave dweller

Lost In the Seas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ya u dumped her and it's over, and with comments like that she probably wouldn't beg to come back either

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I probably should do that...

Unfortunately I just keep thinking about her. I knew breaking up with her wouldn't be easy. I just hope that I don't regret it.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jayer
Should I try calling her in a few days and at least trying to make it end nicely? Or is this now impossible because of all the things I said....?
You handled this situation like an immature child. You did not act like a man and you let her get to you and acted like a baby.

It really doesn't matter what you say now, she won't believe you anyhow. Its over and done with and you should move on because there is no reason to patch things up with the ex.

Just to throw caution to the wind: When ever you break up with a chick, dont ever insult her and make a scene. She will use that as an ammo for the justification of the breakup of how immature you really are will tell everyone you are a bad breaker upper (which means girls who will hear this from her will probably try to avoid you because your ex will embelish the story to a point where you end up looking like a psychotatic maniac who needs serious help). You would be surprised how small this world is and word of mouth goes along way.

Reaction score
btw: You, my friend, really need to take some deep breaths. You really acted like a petulant spoilt child. I dont know what problems you and your lady friend had, but just because she goes to a club after you two part ways (she is allowed, btw. For all you know, she could have been very upset, and her friends took her to a happening place to cheer her up), is no reason to insult her and take cheap shots.

Could you get back together with her? Who knows; if she's weak enough sure. But for a strong woman, it wont happen. But before getting back with her, you should honestly ask yourself whether you might need some attitude adjustments. I've been in that frame of mind where I see her cheating on me etc, but all those times it was my insecurity to keep a girl that showed up. Eventually, because it made me a real a**hole, the girls would leave (i prefer dating strong women). This attitude cost me heavily, and not once did letting my emotions take control help me. I doubt it will have much benefit for you either. This situation may be severely messed up, and the right thing to do is to apologize WITHOUT wanting her back. Just be a man, take responsibility for your actions, and be prepared to move on. This time, more control over emotions would be recommended.

(btw: when you tell a girl she cant get a guy because of her deficiencies, she might try to prove you wrong. So g'luck, you might have sent her into the arms of another guy)

Sorry for the general harshness of this post, but it seems like no one else is really pointing out that there may have been problems with this relationship on both sides, and this lack of perspective might hurt your long term relationships severely.

Lost In the Seas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you want to end things nicely, your best bet is to wait things to cool down and talk to her in person about it, don't apologize like a wimp, make your intentions clear that you do not wish to return to the relationship, but you are sorry for the things you said and you didn't mean any of it.

But i doubt that would work as well, girls take these kind of insults VERY seriously

Reaction score
Haha, your ho goes to a club without you -- this is a good reason to dump her ass!!! QUIT CALLING HER!!!!!! LEAVE HER ALONE and get a girl that doesn't go to clubs without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if she is fat then she is fat --- that is her fault and not yours --- you just spoke the truth!!!!

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I tried calling her yesterday but she didn't answer. I sent her a few text messages saying I wanted to talk to her. I wrote her an email basically saying that I am sorry and didn't mean the hurtful things I said. I sent her a txt message to read it.

I haven't heard from her and I guess thats just how it is. This girl used to be wrapped around my finger but I guess what I said to her that night was pretty hurtful. I also remember saying I never wanted to talk to her, I didn't think she was a good girl, she was a ho, just a bunch of stuff that I didn't mean.

Puerto Rican Lover:

I have read some of your posts and I also have an old fashioned mentality like yours. Its very hard to find a girl and I actually thought I did find that in this girl. The thing is that there were certain other things lacking, I actually got bored with sex and we used to argue a lot!

And I did get very upset that she went to the club without me, but the truth is I told her we were on a break so she technically had every right too.

I don't know... I guess the best thing for me is to move on, I just can't help but feel bad that it ended like this after longer than a yer and a half.

Now I have to get myself back in the game.

I am thinking about maybe doing some cold approaches and keeping a journal.

Any suggestions?

Gman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Matey,
you really did not act very gracefully at all. From what you said, she actually did nothing wrong at all. And she even made several efforts to contact you to ask about your erratic behaviour. She actually overlooked your childish behaviour (not picking up phone) and tried to contact you to talk!

But you live, you learn. You probably look back on it with regret but try to think that mistakes were made, you are sorry for them. We all learn from experience. You know how not to handle this sort of thing now.

You may or may not get her back. Do what you feel is best, but try to keep integrity in your actions.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jayer
Puerto Rican Lover:

I have read some of your posts and I also have an old fashioned mentality like yours. .... I actually got bored with sex and we used to argue a lot!

And I did get very upset that she went to the club without me, but the truth is I told her we were on a break so she technically had every right too.
Why are you acting as if you lost?? REJOICE - BE EXCEEDINGLY GLAD!!!!! YOU WON!!!!!

Your girl was a ho!! What's the first thing that she does when you take a break? Sho goes clubbing looking for ****!!! What does this tell you?? Oh yeah, you say "She has a right" NO - wrong answer, SHE IS A HO!!! Hos love to argue and fight they do not respect the authority of a man and are masculine themselves thus there is ALWAYS a CLASH!!!

My mentality is NOT "old-fashioned" -- it is that of a "CORRECT" mentality!!! A man's and a woman's nature never gets "old" --- it just "IS"!!!!!

Vince

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: over........

Originally posted by cave dweller
Hey,

It is over.
You need to dump her sorry @ss and move on.

cave dweller
her sorry @$$???? He was the one acting like an immature idiot. He probably jumped to conclusions... you never know. Anyway, saying what he said, I doubt she will ever speak to him again. Maybe he unconsciously meant to say these hurtful things, so that the relationship would be completely severed.

Vince

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by geneticperfection
btw: You, my friend, really need to take some deep breaths. You really acted like a petulant spoilt child. I dont know what problems you and your lady friend had, but just because she goes to a club after you two part ways (she is allowed, btw. For all you know, she could have been very upset, and her friends took her to a happening place to cheer her up), is no reason to insult her and take cheap shots.

Could you get back together with her? Who knows; if she's weak enough sure. But for a strong woman, it wont happen. But before getting back with her, you should honestly ask yourself whether you might need some attitude adjustments. I've been in that frame of mind where I see her cheating on me etc, but all those times it was my insecurity to keep a girl that showed up. Eventually, because it made me a real a**hole, the girls would leave (i prefer dating strong women). This attitude cost me heavily, and not once did letting my emotions take control help me. I doubt it will have much benefit for you either. This situation may be severely messed up, and the right thing to do is to apologize WITHOUT wanting her back. Just be a man, take responsibility for your actions, and be prepared to move on. This time, more control over emotions would be recommended.

(btw: when you tell a girl she cant get a guy because of her deficiencies, she might try to prove you wrong. So g'luck, you might have sent her into the arms of another guy)

Sorry for the general harshness of this post, but it seems like no one else is really pointing out that there may have been problems with this relationship on both sides, and this lack of perspective might hurt your long term relationships severely.
Excellent post, you should listen to this guy.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You said you wanted to break up with her anyway...what's the big deal?

Honestly...you wanted a "break"...why are you flipping out when she doesn't answer your phonecalls right away?

And in case you forgot, YOU TOLD HER THAT YOU WERE ON A BREAK. So you have NO right to be p!ssed off at her for going out clubbing and looking for other guys.

What, did you think a "break" meant that you could go out and sleep around but she was supposed to be a good girl and wait for you?? :rolleyes:

I don't know if you would've been happier if you stuck with her or will be better off now that you broke up with her. All I know is that you are not ready for a woman.

But you live and learn.

Avsguy01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This guys ex-woman, or what ever doesnt sound like a ho from the post he made.

Jayer, you really messed up. You came off as being very out of control with yourself, and actually insecure when you got mad you couldnt get a hold of her that one night she went out for coffee.

But, you wanted a break anyway, so it really shouldnt matter. Even if you decided you wanted to be with this girl i doubt you can get her back after the way you acted.

Just because she went to this club doesnt mean she was trying to pick up guys. There are too many people on these boards that jump to insecure conclusions like this!

darthsidious

Banned
Reaction score
everyone in this thread is stupid. well most everyone, just the ones that say along the lines of "you should do this" or "you acted like a dumbass" Fellow DJS, all of us have acted as he have, we just improved because we learned as the original poster shall learn.

now... bach to me, pay no attention to the weaklings they don't know you, you know you.

i sense that you want revenge or a way to fix this. you want to see her in pain and suffer as you do... this i know. then you must make that happen as quickly as possible.

how you do it? you will figure it out. go with your passion, just like when anakin wanted to killed those who killed his mother he did it. just like when he wanted to slap the crap out of padme, he choked her. DO IT. DO IT. DO...IT I know my girlfriends car was never the same after waiting 6 months I destroyed it - that is MY WAY of closure. You do seek closure, close it with revenge.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is, that she now has the power.

You see, in the begining, you dumped her - and she called you back, wanting a reason, wanting to know why someone would dare dump her.

When you guys talked - you went off onto the deep end and lost control of yourself.

And now you regret it and want to talk to her - but she now will not return YOUR calls.

The boot is on the other foot.

She now feels she has the upper hand - and you are proving this point to her - by continuing to call and text.

kid, what is done is done. You need to have emotional control and look at this from the outside.

You wanted out, you have out.

Do not let your feeling of lack of control get to you.

A further point. You need to learn to control your emotions - always keep them in check. I know you feel like going off on people - but what does this gain? nothing. If you must do it on your own - when you are alone. let out your anger.

Your life will be better if you learn to do this.