Joker Sequel and The Penguin (Max Original)

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Joker Sequel: Most songs were bad, the story falls apart every time it looks like its gonna start to get good and the ending was dumb af. 3 out of 10.

The Penguin tv series on the other hand is so good. At least 8 out of 10

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joker Sequel: Most songs were bad, the story falls apart every time it looks like its gonna start to get good and the ending was dumb af. 3 out of 10.

The Penguin tv series on the other hand is so good. At least 8 out of 10
I haven't seen the first Joker yet...is it any good?

Also random question, have you seen Clint Eastwood's The Mule? Is that one also good?

Dr.Suave

Reaction score

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't seen the first Joker yet...is it any good?
Some aspects of it were great, they are not central to the story but added allot of spice that made it an experience to re-watch:

1) The late 70s, early 80s aesthetic of NYC. It is a modern movie that feels like a time-capusle with how they made that.
2) Joker's having hallucinations of a fake gf was deeply touching.
3) The kills, especially the first one, was really gripping...like you are totally into a type of self-defence/aggression sequence that it's disturbing.

When I looked at it, it was pre-pandemic, on streaming (just outside the cinema window but digitally available for rentals), and lost interest after the pandemic and afterwards (ie in terms of re-watching it).

Travel memoir21 said:
Also random question, have you seen Clint Eastwood's The Mule? Is that one also good?
It was okay. None of his recent movies were better than Gran Turino (2008). They are watchable movies but they don't have a punch like that one did.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you open up TWO youtube pages. Take the song below. Put it on the background

Open the other youtube page on this link with the Joker dancing down the stairs and running away from the cops after that first self-defense kill thing I was talking about -- put this video on MUTE but play the other song above as a sound track.

It's leads to an nice experience....for some reason that song resonated allot with me when the Joker was released in cinema and when I watched it at home. There is something about that song, while totally unrelated to the movie, that captures the vibe of that movie in an interesting way (haven't checked the lyrics, but now I'm talking more about the vibe and some obvious lyrics from the chorus, etc...).