I've reached enlightenment

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love everything about this thread. This must be put in the DJ Bible!

Beliefs are so hard to change.
(I should believe they're easy shouldn't I :p)

I am turning 18 in 2 months, and even at a young age it's extremely difficult to completely reorganize your thoughts. I always feel like I have to prove them to myself and put my beliefs into the real world by acting as if they were true.

The positive/negative thing is a wonderful way of thinking, but sometimes you realize that something you thought was positive is negative and it completely throws you off.

It takes awhile to make it all the way, and I am truly happy for you that you made it all the way. I will too eventually.

Self improvement forever!

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't meditation conflict with the notion of positive vs negative thoughts? Doesn't meditation aim to eliminate labels and polarities that the ego creates such as "good" vs "bad"? This is a question that has been troubling me a lot. I meditate regularly, but I also want to be successful. Positive thinking = success, and meditation = happiness, but positive thinking contradicts the goal of meditation. Meditation aims to eliminate thinking all together. Can someone help me resolve this discrepancy?

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:
Doesn't meditation conflict with the notion of positive vs negative thoughts? Doesn't meditation aim to eliminate labels and polarities that the ego creates such as "good" vs "bad"? This is a question that has been troubling me a lot. I meditate regularly, but I also want to be successful. Positive thinking = success, and meditation = happiness, but positive thinking contradicts the goal of meditation. Meditation aims to eliminate thinking all together. Can someone help me resolve this discrepancy?
You can use meditation anyway you'd like. I use it to clear my head of all thoughts so that I can focus. It also helps me to control my thoughts. When you meditate often, it will be very easy to eliminate unwanted thoughts.

Ambition Now

Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:
The goal of meditation in the buddhist philosophy is to reach enlightment (nirvana), wich is a state of no self, no ego.

But psychologically speaking, meditation can bring you self-control...

You dont HAVE to follow the buddhist tradition to benefit yourself with meditation.

jota

Reaction score
I woud like send a pm to Noobie, but for some reason i dont have permission to send..someone know why? Thanks!

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love your accent and I'm trying to visualize you sitting on my couch next to me. But so far, it isn't working. I'd appreciate your advice.