I've reached enlightenment

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
slaog said:
You're looking at the world from a materialistic viewpoint where everything is solid. In reality everything is energy and that includes thoughts. Atoms are just balls of energy so since everything is connected in some way it means thoughts can have an effect on matter.

Theres been thousands of things science can't explain.

You said yourself thinking positive is always a good thing because it helps you achieve your goals etc. Ask youself why people need to think positive to have a better life. Even though everybody wants happiness how comes its only the positive people who has it? Its because being positive is an energy and that energy attracts similar feel good energy.
It's not me looking at it the wrong way, it's the people who are saying that thoughts are affecting the universe that are fabricating science.

Thing is, people will sit here all day and patronise me by "explaining" things to me like I am a layman.

In reality, it's them who have very little understanding of science. I'll say my opinion again: the notion that thoughts can literally control the universe is laughable.

slaog, if you believe I'm missing something in your explanation, feel free to "enlighten" me :p

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've come across arguments like these a few dozen times, and everytime I ask those people if they ever tried manifesting anything the answer is always "NO".
Like Ambition Now, most people's problems lay with the unfairness of the law of attraction than with its efectiveness. I agree with the unfairness part, the law of attraction is not fair for those that don't know how to use it. Just like any other law, it can either work for you or screw you. No doubt about that. The plane example that he brings seems unfair to the passengers, but if you look at the chances of a plane crash and how crashes usually happen in sequence you'll find the law of attraction at work.

We are all using the law of attraction right now. When you think about how you cant get any girls, or how much you want to have a girl, the less girls come to you. When you think about how you're so short on money, more expenses come into your life. When you have a bad feeling, the more likely bad things will happen to you.

The law attraction has brought too many things into my life to distrust its existence. I use it everyday and I manifest things everyday, I always get the parking spot I want, get a seat in the train, I make lines move fast at the supermarket, I just get things my way, specially those that are totally out of my control.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
It's not me looking at it the wrong way, it's the people who are saying that thoughts are affecting the universe that are fabricating science.

Thing is, people will sit here all day and patronise me by "explaining" things to me like I am a layman.

In reality, it's them who have very little understanding of science. I'll say my opinion again: the notion that thoughts can literally control the universe is laughable.

slaog, if you believe I'm missing something in your explanation, feel free to "enlighten" me :p
To tell you the truth, the scientific reasons for justifying the law of attraction could not be anymore irrelevant to me. There are scientific theories out there (all things are made out of the same energy, etc), but the reality is that my thoughts and energy have always brought things, people, and events into my life, I'm just happy that I now have the knowledge to use it to my advantage.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bpimp, I did say that positive thinking is (almost) always a good thing. Don't get me wrong about that.

You're taking the observation that applying the advice given to you in these books brings you happiness, success etc., and attributing that to physical laws at work as a result of your "thought energy". And I'll say it again - positive thinking is a good thing and helps you achieve things. But you cannot say that because this positive thinking is working for you, that these thoughts are controlling the outcome of the universe.

And you brush off my comment by saying "have we ever tried it" etc. . . Mate. . .my life is going great.

I do think positively when I need to. But instantly just bundling that with physical laws at work because of your success is just batsh1t mad. You ever just considered that you have the substance necessary to achieve what you want? I know I do. And that has fvck all to do with positive-****ing-energy radiating off me and controlling the universe. (just my opinion of course)

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sympathize with this post, because positive thinking is something I always strive to do, every minute of every day. I like to think of it as unreasonable happiness - being happy despite reasons to the contrary (especially when it comes to women, which is always a big source of emotional distress).

I just broke up with my girl of 4.5 months or so, and now that Im facing single life again this is something Im concentrating on even harder.

But! --- positive thinking will not change the reality of things. It will just change how YOU react.

For example, this is bull****:

-Improved my vision
- Completely reversed the effects of my male pattern baldness.
Im a Ph.D. student in Biology, and I can tell you with 100% confidence that there is very little you can do to change your genes, and how they are expressed. If you are born with bad vision, you will always have bad vision. If you have male pattern baldness (like me), you will always have it. I dealt with it through shaving my head and keeping my hair very short, then thinking positive about my new look, not through some voodoo nonsense.

Ambition Now

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me reframe my position in this debate.

I am NOT discouraging positive thinking or any of the "exercises" described on "The Secret".

In fact I am encouraging it, I use it myself and I have no doubt of its benefits.

The thing is, for me "The Secret" and any other book on the subject "Law of Attraction" are very poorly written books with no deep thought construction and no scientific proof (that is a fact!).

Like shaunuk said before, those books are PRODUCTS created to sell millions of copies (look at the marketing behind "The Secret") and thats it.

A lot of people can fall on the trap of the "paychecks in the mailbox", some of the examples on the book are just so naive that its depressing...

I would recommend all the guys the trully believe in "The Secret" to read books from James Allen, Napoleon Hill, Joseph Murphy and Maxwell Maltz for a different and more realistic perspective on how positive think works.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, on the one hand, I agree with the message here. On the other, we have to be careful. It´s dangerous to inflate the good aspects and supress the negative ones. Ignoring them (-) won´t help you because they are still there lurking inside of you, have you ever seen people who never take responsability for their actions? That´s why people say, work on your inner game, not on tricks, because tricks are superficial, inner game requires hard work, facing your inner demons, this is another thing!!

Each one of us have specific fears, flaws to work on. That´s why threre´s no easy formula to happiness, success. Some people are too aggressive, others too passive, etc.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ambition, do you have any specific books by these authors that you would recommend? I am curious, I may be interested.

Ambition Now

Don Juan
Reaction score
Serg897, Im reading right now the book "Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz and I am really enjoying it, its focused on how your self-image determine your behaviour and it puts emphasis on how people can change their self-image to improve their lives.

Also "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill and "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen are very good reads too.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't like 'The Secret' myself. It explain what the law of attraction could do but didn't explain HOW to do it.

shaunuk said:

I know most people don't believe in it and thats fair enough. From a personal point of view, I've studied it and the more I have looked at it the more sense it makes to me especially when I look at all the evidence.

Serge897 said:
Im a Ph.D. student in Biology, and I can tell you with 100% confidence that there is very little you can do to change your genes, and how they are expressed. If you are born with bad vision, you will always have bad vision. If you have male pattern baldness (like me), you will always have it. I dealt with it through shaving my head and keeping my hair very short, then thinking positive about my new look, not through some voodoo nonsense.

Thats where you're wrong. ;) Ever hear about the Bates method of natural eye treatment? Basically he says the muscles in the eyes tense up and wearing glasses makes things worse etc. He also studied eyes for years and found that most of modern teaching is wrong. The problem for that method is that it'd put alot of opticians out of business if everybody had good eyesight.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Serg897 said:
I sympathize with this post, because positive thinking is something I always strive to do, every minute of every day. I like to think of it as unreasonable happiness - being happy despite reasons to the contrary (especially when it comes to women, which is always a big source of emotional distress).

I just broke up with my girl of 4.5 months or so, and now that Im facing single life again this is something Im concentrating on even harder.

But! --- positive thinking will not change the reality of things. It will just change how YOU react.

For example, this is bull****:

Ever heard of eye laser surgery? Rogaine? Even though Rogaine wont give you permanent results, it will regrow your hair. Nothing in life is impossible my friend.

Ambition Now

Don Juan
Reaction score
When we came to this forum, most of us were AFCs with no clue on how to lead our relationships and interactions with women.

As we start to read and participate on the forum, we are told to make drastic changes on our behaviour and on the way we see the world.

As we do it, we realize different results, by this moment our perception of men / women relations are not the same as it was when we got in here, our behaviour is changed. We unlearn past behaviours and learn new ones.

As a consequence of that, we start to become more succesfull with women.

Do you guys really think that if you, by the time you got here, if you were only using the LoA, you would be able to get the same results that you got after the hard work you have done to change yourself?

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rogaine and Propecia are drugs that induce biochemical changes that may have some effect on your hair loss, depending on genetic factors. This is all based on empirical observation and data, not through anything outside the material world.

There is always the placebo effect, which seems to have some effect though. Maybe this is what caused any change.

With my Male-pattern baldness, I chose a more permanent and easy solution, rather than spending thousands of dollars on drugs that would only improve a superficial part of my appearance.

Don Juan
Reaction score
the fundamental underlying theme to the secret, think and grow rich and all the other books mention is that positive thinking will bring you positive things. Its common sense for you to put in work also but if your mind stays focused on the objective with positive thoughts about it, you will get what you asked for. Some of the examples like the genie in the secret was bs. The book was designed to sell copies so they had to sugar coat it , but it still doesn't change the underlying theme of positive thinking.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post!

By the time I finished reading it and thinking positively I realized that I need a haircut.

To all the scientists - remember that at one time even the simplest of things were indeed magic. All great things come from crazy ideas.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ambition Now said:
Do you guys really think that if you, by the time you got here, if you were only using the LoA, you would be able to get the same results that you got after the hard work you have done to change yourself?

You can't make a wish and hope it'll become true. You need to think about what you want alot and have positive thoughts about it and once you do that you'll find your subconscious mind will puch you towards it ie you'll have more enthusiasm, luck etc. I think everybody will agree with that except for the luck part.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:
Great post!

By the time I finished reading it and thinking positively I realized that I need a haircut.

To all the scientists - remember that at one time even the simplest of things were indeed magic. All great things come from crazy ideas.
That's straw man arguments. Let's speak non-relatively. The body of scientific knowledge humans now possess is huge. I'm literally saying: the whole theory that your "positive energy" (which as no meaning in any case!) attracts "like energy" to it. . .is non-sense.

jota

Reaction score
Hey nOOBPIMP how do you improve your vision? You did visualization to it as well?

alwayslead8821

Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats man.. I'm getting there it just seems like I go back and forth. Any adivice on keeping it 100%? it just seems like I still get in groves were I'm still pissed off!

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres a really great video on being positive and manifesting:
http://www.youtube.com/user/positivesimona#p/u/40/g3V9Ed2XYl0

Jota, I used visualization to improve my vision.
Alwayslead, thoughts are like snowballs going down a hill, they feed on similar thoughts and become bigger and bigger. You must stop your negatives thoughts from snowballing. If you can have abslute control over them, you will never have negative emotions. Allow yourself to only have positive thoughts. I recommend start meditating more often, daily if possible.

Last edited: