It's lonely at the top.. very very lonely

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deadly_Assassin
dude, thats what I was thinking about. For some reason though, I seemed to have lost my motivation, either that or I am just really lazy. I know what I wanna do in life, flying. And I am doing that right now, but I dont know where my drive and motivation is.
It is meticulously buried underneath the huge pile of lazyness you have grown so accustomed to.

You are asleep at the wheel son!

Wake up!

Start diggin!

Malachi

Don Juan
Reaction score
People are always such asshle's when your having fun or enjoying life.

they feel the need to bring you down....sad, but very true.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When your mentality changes about life and your destiny so is the world around you.

I used to be a follower. I used to have tons of guy/girl friends and didn't have any enemies, I used to be the nicest guy. But I was not happy, I never really had identity and did stuff with people for the sake of being with them.

I got fed up and changed and people didn't like that. They didn't like that I was doing my own thing and becoming very opinionative and independed. Then they started talking sh1t behind my back and I was out of the loop. But as a result I became more happier and more focused because those so called "friends" were influencing me and controlling me so I can fit a mold that they will be comfortable with. You end up picking up a few enemies here and there because people start to think you are an ******* but in actuallity you are just taking care of yourself after looking after others while neglecting yourself all these years.

The former me: some people liked me and some people just didn't care. I used to be the guy that avoided confertation and was a follower.

The New me: People either really like me or people really hate me. There is no gray or in between. My attitude has become that I don't put up with bvll**** or disrespect and I do my own thing. You don't like me or my attitude then don't be around me. I haven't been more happier then I am now.

DjDamage

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"and my two people who It hought were friends could handle me when I was struggling, and was overweight ,and they could take me places,a nd hang with me, and crack on me and feel better about themselves, but when I make more than them, look just as good if not better than them, can dress better than both of them put together, can do so many things they can't do, they try to find faults in me to the point where they bring up "unattractive" ex's that I once talked to, for no reason whatsoever."

This one is too flaming obvious. When you were struggling, they cracked on you so they could feel better about themselves, so them getting pissed when you get to a higher status than them IS AN OBVIOUS CONCLUSION.

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO ...

Haters hate themselves; they're pissed at you only for reminding them why. It's like smashing a mirror that shows you something you don't want to see.

In a hater's mind, he's the problem, not you. If anything, you're the standard he holds himself to, but can't live up to. In a vacuum, he can ignore his own shortcomings, but when he's confronted with what's normal or expected of him in his mind ...

Don't take it personally. After all, they're losers; their hatred is all they have. If they could be more, then surely they would be it already.

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get New friends straight up. These guys are immature and I have friends just like them, but then again I also have friends that I am closer to and know will have my back and not resent me.

I am only 18 but am already much much more mature than my friends. I literally know more about pretty much everything than any of them do. However I am honest enough to know that its because my dad has tought me everything he knows about all kinds of things, and as well as the ability to do good research.

I mean my friends come to me for advice on everything. I know more about money, banking, investing, contracts, and just more about how to effective manage finances. They come to me about bodybuilding and weightlifting as I know enough to become a personal trainer when I took a sample accredidation(sp) test. I am a mechanic's assistant and can do pretty much all maintenence and basic jobs on my own and know how to rebuild an engine but lack the experience to do it by myself. I plan way ahead of time, am realistic. I was just voted the wittiest/funniest person in my high school in a high school of 3800. I also have good grades and am heading off to college next year. They also come to me on advice on women, and although I am not great looking, I am at least decent.

However all of these things are attainable by anyone with drive, some intelligence and desire to learn. Its not that I am an unbelievable person, its just that I know how to take full advantage of the things that I do have.

However I am very humble most of the time, so I have some close friends that dont resent me. In fact I had a friend come up to me that already has a g/f and he told me about how this one girl just broke up with her b/f and how maybe it was my time to try to make a move. He is a good friend, he is someone who looks out for me like a friend is supposed to. Thats what I try to do for other people. The friends i have that resent me a little are my weekend friends, they arent mature so they are people I hang out with that I dont have to count on and dont have to rely on or depend on them in any way.

So you need to find good real friends that will stand up for you, and then make the friends you have now your so called "weekend" friends

One of my favorite quotes was:

A good friend bails you out of jail, A best friend sits next to you in jail and says "damn man we messed up"

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make better friends and cut off your old friends.

Harsh? Yes, but you can't be responsible for their loser-ish attitudes. And nothing you do will change their attitudes.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^I agree **** them.Keep the good ones tell the rest to **** off.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to add something to this..

I recently have not been hanging out with ANY of my old friends for pretty much the last month.

So I get a call from the oldest of my two "friends". He tells me the other one of our friends is out of town visiting his GF, and asks am I doing anything.. And for once, on a friday, I really didn't have too much planned. i had planned on hitting the sack early, but I was getting kinda bored, and of the two

So he tells me we are going to Hooters. I don't know how to get there, as it just opened 4 days ago, so he says he is going to pick me up.

so we get there, and it's packed to the point w here it's out of control for a resturant to be, even on a Friday Night.

It's Me, my oldest friend and an old friend from Jr High School (it used to be 5 of us, but two of them went to another school in High School.. we always kept in touch, but not as much).

I get the vibe in the first 5 mintues, I am not going to enjoy this night.

This is how immature my friends are. We are ordering drinks. Both of them order what I call a Budwiser, and I order a Sam Adams, and I ask the waitress (who I will get on later) which different types they have... as any real beer drinkers know, there are dozens of types, all taste differently, and I pick one.

So they bust out laughing. I am like, god damn, do I have something on my shirt or something? So they are like "dude, who orders a sam adams?" I wanted to say

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that I do more than just sit at home and play video games with each other, and in your case, talk on the phone with my GF, who lives half way across the country, and is probably getting the pipe laid to her everynight by another guy.. yeah man, I have a life, which requires me to go out the house from time to time, and from time to time, I try different drinks. you'd be suprised what you will try when you actually have a social life outside of a video game console sytstem"

But I settled for just looking at them and wondering "my gosh, this is pathetic"

What made the situtation worse in this case, is the other friend who was there.. he has always been not FAT, but bigger than us three... So back in the day we used to crack jokes on him and stuff, stupid JR crap, and thinking back, I knew he had a self esteem problems then. I don't know what the name for it is, but it's like he was trying to make up for past times or what not

Then we order our food. First of all, it's Hooters.. the food isn't necessarly 5 star. Secondly, I had just ate subway before my friend called me, so I really wasn't hungry, I was just trying to hang out. So I order a side of cheese sticks, and they are laughing again. "Who orders cheese sticks for a meal".. So they order like real meals, with extra this and extra that... (In the end, I finished my cheese sticks, while both of them still had a ****load of food left, like i said, I actually leave the house from time to time)

Now this is what showed me that we are on two totally different levels mentally.

Okay. It's hooters. Hooters has cute girls. Our waitress was a busty blonde named Jessica. She was definatly a looker, Not necessarly model potential, but very very nice looking.

I mean, I figure waitresses get hit on so much, it's pretty much like going to a Strip club execpt it's food instead of titties you get. They expect you to get hit on, so while i would have talked to her under a different situtation, it's sorta like it's "part of the job" for her to be flirtatious.

Either or, I have been around the block enough to know when a waitress/dancer/whatever is being nice or is being "NICE" if you catch where I am coming from. In other words, I can tell when I am being hustled. I knew she wasn't doing her job when a) she told me it was her first night (note how i said she told me) and b) everytime she came and sat down with us (about literarly, 20 times), every convo started out with me and c) whenever other waitresses would come by and stand and chat with us, she would quickly come back and sit down

**** like that I pick up on.

So the entire time I am having a normal conversation with her, my oldest friend is trying to... I don't even want to know what you want to call it. Her and I were talking about something, and he blurts out "want me to sign your shirt, it's going to be worth something one day" (he is an aspiring artest).. being the friend I am, I try to save him when she says she can't have anything on their shirts by asking why, and he blurts again " you don't want to know why my signature is going to be worth something one day" (if you didn't notice, she didn't ask why herself).

So we are talking, she pretty much gives me an open invitation to **** that night. She tells me she is single, asks what I am doing after I leave there casually mentions she isn't doing anything after to work and how she is so tired and how she needs to "unwind", and gave me her schedule for the next week, and keeps asking me/us not to leave even though we stopped ordering drinks/food a long time ago. The only reason I was really still there was because I didn't drive, otherwise I would have made a B line home.

So, one time after she gets up and leaves to actually do a little work, my friend bluts out "I wish she would stop coming to sit over here, nobody wants to have women sit with you when you are eating"

I am thinking, my gosh, is this how you handle being rejected? Plus if you didn't like the women coming to sit with you when you are eating, what the **** are you doing at hooters in the first place? Not only that, why are you still here? I was ready to leave 45 mins-1 hour ago.

no more than 5 mintues later he was telling a story about how at a different hooters, all these girls were talking to him and his friend while he was out of town and how they were "going" (southern term)

For various reasons, I didn't get the girls number, although I know I could have done more than got her number, it just made more sense to not to. First off, dealign wtih my "friends" either way, rejection or actually getting it, secondly, I was tired and fromt he vibe I got from her, she is a "fun" girl, meaning she wants to hook up, and hook up quickly... something I didn't want to do that night. Lastly, and more important that the other two, the next time I walk into that place, which will probably be this Thursday, I am going to have to beat her off with a stick. Once you learn how to turn the tables on women, and show a little restraint, not a hell of alot, but enough to say "your' nice, but I don't necessarly need you" women throw ass at you faster than you can imagine. Hell, you know you are having fun when sleep is really more enticing then ****ing a hot blonde senseless for the first time. Plus I downloaded this program called Atmosphere Lite, it has all these nature sounds to help you sleep, man I can't wait to get to sleep now, and I sleep like a freakin baby.

I was thinking when I got home.. I really am going to probably have to start cutting them out of my life, simply because we have absolutly nothing in common anymore.

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aw man, i hate hearing you say all this stuff...

I'm not normally someone to take anything for real from anyone on the net, but I've read a lot of your posts and you sound genuine.

Here is what I've learned thus far about 'people' in general. A good friend is just as hard to find as a good chick. It's rare... extremely rare. I consider myself lucky to be able to count at least one person among my true friends. There are others but none of them quite as close. I mean, i would take a bullet for this dude, no questions asked!

I'm not sure what to tell you, I've got nothing. I just wanted to let you know that i think it sucks, the way you are getting treated by those who are supposed to be your closest friends. And yeah, i don't know you, but the way you are laying it out, it really sounds like they need to get their heads out of their ass!

I read the topic about how money doesn't make you happy etc, where you posted aswell, and i just wanted to say... fvck them man... They don't deserve your attention. There are people out there worth it! Take this from me, i know some of them. So don't give up hope, they are out there, you just have to run into them.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea What the guy above me said, and really drop these losers bro you dont need them, I know its hard to do, I hated doing that to some of my childhood m8s, but I cant sit around waiting for them to sort their sh!t out.

At least none of them have tried to backstab you over a girl yet, so count ya blessings and move on.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what is it about girls that turn guys into haters? i am not talking about strangers but actual 'friends'. i know guys that would hate,diss and make fun of eachother right in front of other girls just to make them look better and clown on everyone else..this one guy even goes soo far as to threaten the girls and talk shyte to them..what a loser, then he gets all AFC over some girl and then when he gets dissed calls everyone else a c0ckblocker!
my 'best friend' would try to fvck my girl or try to intice her into hooking up..these are my friends? sorry to say but they are nothing but no good bottom feeders and no life losers when it comes to girls and it used to piss me off..i am no longer their friends , and everytime they see me with different girls- i just wave at them, whisper something in the girls ear- we both get a good chuckle and then we are on our way.. i would share seduction tips with them and get them into the 'scene' but they simply don't deserve to... they can rot in hell for all i care ..they have such a scarcity mentality when it comes to chicks it makes me sick...;)

Sabu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Blinkwatt and Borgon:

It's awesome that you guys are so successful already at 18 and 20, respectively. I was just curious...what do you do for a living that has brought you guys so much success?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Don Ronny said:
A lot of you guys on this forum forget that this game is not all about you. Seduction is a MUTUAL ACT. You are not some magician with +10 peacocking C&F superpowers who casts NLP spells on people to get them interested or persuaded.

A true seducer is interesting by nature. He knows how to make the most mundane experiences sound incredible because he has a passion for life. He is also a hustler who understands what he is after. This passion and drive is contagious because people are generally very bored from dealing with so many clueless duds.

In regards to backbreaker's situation...If you surround yourself with people who jumpstart your inspiration and are generally good wings, that's great you have spark in your life. But if those around you constantly engage in subconscious stabs of negativity, then these fools are duds, all hating on the low. Which means you should probably find new friends.

This is poetry my friend, well done. :up:

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Backbreaker, check out this post I made a few months ago.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showpost.php?p=789256&postcount=22

Eerily similar isn't it?

These guys called me this weekend. I can relate to your situation, except my old-school friends are not on the rise. It's a catch-22. The more you avoid them, the more they think you're arrogant. In reality, you're simply distancing yourself from their hate and negativity. One of the only bad side effects of becoming successful/improving is that we gain an awareness that some of the closest people to us have the loser mindset. If these people were someone you just met, you wouldn't want anything to do with them.

I'll always be connected to my old-school friends, but if we never hang out that works for me. If anyone wants to break the bond it's going to have to be them. I'll take the high road. There's a definite truth in the fact that most people don't have a winning attitude toward life and they seek to bring you down with negativity. Don't partition any time for haters.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only reason I was really still there was because I didn't drive, otherwise I would have made a B line home.
That's never stopped me from leaving a place I don't want to be. I'd tell them, "Well, I've had enough. See you later", go next door, call a cab, and get the hell out of there. If I'm out and about and not having fun, I'll take off and be somewhere where I'm more comfortable.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm So Ronery
I'm so ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work very hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems that no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A little ronery
Poor rittre me

There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feer rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage

I work rearry hard and I'm physicarry fit
But nobody here seems to rearize that
When I rure the world maybe they'rr notice me
But untir then I'rr just be ronery
Rittre ronery, poor rittre me
I'm so ronery
I'm so ronery

-GMDJ Kim Jong II

PumpNightmare

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few of my friends were like this when I started changing after a trip to Daytona with a friend from my Japanese class during Winter Break. While I have not tried to get with any girls this year, x-san has helped with some of my social problems. He's taken me to some parties and introduced me to some girls, try to break the ice. I haven't scored any numbers, but I feel more comfortable talking now. It's kind of funny. A lot of stuff he recomends for me to do to help my social problems are on this site. I recently asked him about it and he claims he never heard of this site. Only asked since a lot of his advice is very samilar. But then again, a lot of stuff on this site is common knowledge for some.

Also, besides socialy, he has helped me tons with my love for rythm games. Iused to have no beat, but he taught me how to read play to the beat as oppsed to simply staring at the screen. I soon surpassed everyone here in Tallahasse in Pump It Up skill except two people in less then two months from that time in Winter Break. I noticed once I improved, some people were impressed and others did not like the fact that I improved so much. Most players here don't have a drive to get better at the game like me. I know I'm only talking about a game right now, but I take it seriously like someone who plays baseball, basketball, or even chess on a serious level. I know the person I considered my best friend got annoyed how quickly I moved up, even though he never said anything directly. But word of mouth told me otherwise. He seems to be fine about it now, but I can sometimes sense something wrong...but not as bad. But I know it's just not about the game...other things are in the factor as well that would make this post to long (longer then I wanted anyways).

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a kinda ****ed up update on this night...

I didn't mention this, but there was this guy we knew there as well, we will call him Dre. We knew him, but didn't hang out with him all that much, because well.. I don't know, we just didn't. He had just got this new bike and was hanging out with this biker crew up there. I remember telling my friends I couldn't do that, becuase bikes are just too damn dangerous for me to try.

Come to find out earlier today, he got in an accident no more than 10 mintues after we saw him friday night, and he is getting his foot amputated Thursday. I am going to go to the hospital to see him tomorrow afternoon