Is prenuptial agreement necessary?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
..In the above scenarios, the couples are not pair-bonded based on complimentary qualities that foster a healthy and synergistic relationship together, but rather on complimentary fears that compensate for individual weaknesses.

Would you guys agree this describes most new marriages?
This is typical of marriages across the board, new or not. People have focused on the concept of marriage instead of the compatibility necessary to create a synergistic relationship.

Good post! :up:

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
...The requisite maturity which makes her a marriage candidate in the first place would be the same maturity which allows her to understand the self-evident necessity of a pre-nuptial conversation. Res ipsa loquitur.
Awesome post, Redpill.

You explained it more succinctly than I could.

I would agree, at least intuitively, that most younger or newer marriages harbor one or more of your listed combinations. As an addendum, I would say that rural/old-school value-based marriages arent necessarily a 'matrix' union by default; I think the mitigating factor with those is age and lack of maturity.

My father was divorced by his wife of 10 years about a year and a half ago. It was difficult to see him go through the ordeal, especially at his age and given our family circumstances. She essentially left him without explaination.

Not too long ago we had a conversation where he told me that he never used to believe in prenuptual agreements, at least per se, but after his divorce he said that would never enter into another marriage without one. She didnt rob him blind, but because of the strong disfavorment of males in divorce from a legal standpoint, he still has to pay her alimony for several years. And I believe she got a portion of his pension. He has been a firefighter for almost 30 years. His pension was intended for retirement and for his kids. Makes me sick. Really. She deserves nothing. It was HIS money to begin with, and it's still HIS money, but not in the eyes of the legislature, even though it was her choice to divorce. She would not reconcile despite his efforts.

His ordeal has heavily influenced me to make a pre-marital legal agreement a non-negotiable. Like Rollo said in his older post, it's easy to think you dont 'need' one based on your current and projected net worth/assets, but God forbid the day come when you DO have considerable monies and assets and a divorce is imminent. The gavel pounds in favor of the woman, almost every single time.