Is marriage even worth it anymore?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Can't find anyone decent, ANYWHERE:down: I'm just in the dumps concerning everything....... All a women would do is nag me to death, I have enough negative self talk. **** it

strids97

Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally disagree

I disagree with most of you that say marriage isn't what it used to be...i'm only 26 and i'm sure most of you are around my age too...if you look at our parents and grandparents that have been married for 30.40,50yrs in some cases longer...the thing that makes marriage very much worth it is the not the sex...cause and disagreeing with what has been stated about it drying up after marriage..tell that to all my married friends and there wives will laugh at ya...most of my buddies wives want it more than they do....but anyways...when you go through the marriage process, with the wedding and all that..it's about being with that one person...because you can't image being with anyone else the rest of your life...its not about how much sex you'll get or how much money you' be spending...its about the journey that life brings you with another person...

Too many people don't take marriage seriously...the get married..oh something went wrong..time to get divorced because they had a fight...someone things well i'm married but i don't have to be faithful...well if your not ready to be faithful you shouldn't get married if your a guy or a girl...when you take your vows when you get married there is a saying that everyone now days doesn't respect when they say it..."till death do us part" since when did that become till i don't feel like sleeping with you anymore or , we had a fight and now i can't stand you anymore....

The problem is people are willing to take responsibility for there actions and at the first sign of a problem they don't want to deal with it anymore...everyone i'm sure has seen the ****** Cleaver family..what made that family work...communication, understanding and being a family..not ME ME ME or I I I....thats not how it works folks... is WE WE WE...you work as a team to make it work..and just ask all of those people that have been married for 50 or more years...they will tell you it was well worth it and well worth the effort that goes into it...you just need to find the right person to do it all with...otherwise your going to be wondering...if marriage is worth it or not...the younger generations are now starting to see what our parents have seen...and the morals and values are starting to come back...you'll see the divorce rates dropping in the next 5yrs...that much i do know...TV and Movies and those Damn Soap Opera show aren't helping much either.

There is something to be said...when you find that one and thats the only one you want to be with for the rest of your life.

Strids97

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
the problem is not finding anyone worth the effort to start the whole ltr-- to wifey transition with...I've seen marriages in my fam last for like 40-45 years..... I'm kind of picky and stuck up

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm.

Anyway, marriage nowdays is heavily stacked against the man!

I guess i was sort of lucky, i've been married for over 10 years and while it hasn't been a bed of roses; it seems to be miles ahead of where all my friends relationships are at least right now at this point in time!

Cuz, all of my male friends (my broters included) have either been divorced are in the process of divorce.

My wife could decide that she wants out tommorow and take my children, the house, car, money and whatever else she wanted-cuz the laws are stacked against us (men). And women have been known to change their minds at the last minute....

Its sounds like a good idea (marriage), but once you think about it I don't see too many benifits to men getting married, 9 times out of ten any women you meet will be either:

Mentally I'll (aren't they born that way) :confused: , Selfish, Gold digger, Lying-cheating slut, have baggage (kids-abusive ex),have multiple STD'S...

Last but not least most women nowdays have been biten by the feminazi Bug.

Have you ever noticed that even women from foreign countries that come over here turn into feminist's, usually worse than the women already over here.

Get married if you want, but your are literally gambling with your life!

Sayno'

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
probably not

IMO, with most Western women the answer is no. Their minds have been filled with so much cheap, mind-destroying propaganda that they're essentially basket cases. I believe this was an intentional policy on the part of the promoters of feminism, but that's another story.

It also depends on your values. I want a woman who cooks and cleans, and wants to raise a family. She must be good looking and NOT lazy. This seems to be non-existant today. Either you take the ugly chick or fatty who will pamper you, or you pay big bucks for the lazy hot babe. Hell it's so bad today that there are even fat and ugly women who want you to do everything for them with little in return! What a joke.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YOUR SO RIGHT!

"Either you take the ugly chick or fatty who will pamper you, or you pay big bucks for the lazy hot babe. Hell it's so bad today that there are even fat and ugly women who want you to do everything for them with little in return! What a joke."

Feminist propaganda has gotten to be so absurd nowdays that
even fat women expect to find a really good looking guy who will wine and dine their fat ass.

Its an amazing thing to watch these women at work. I have a friend that was going out with this fat grotesque piece of flesh, and the first thing that she did was demand to be treated like 24- k gold.

I advised him to dump her f*t ass and quick too. The bible had it right when it came to women.

Sayno'

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most people dont know what they want in life and make decisions based solely on how they feel.

95% of marriages in my opinion are based on the "emotion" of love, wiht zero understanding of the "principle" of love.

love should entail respect, sacrifice, commitment, maturity, empathy, etc. not just an emotive "need" to be with the person.

most people get married because it's a checklist on their "things to do in life" and they find someone they get the warm and fuzzy for and figure let's do it.

then 5 years go by and reality sets in and you realize that the person you thought was an angel/god is really just another self centered annoying idiot.

marriage is more than worth it if you find a mature woman who understands what loving someone really means. what could be better than having an honest, caring, loving woman by your side as you go through life?

if you find some chic who just likes the emotion of being in love nad gets married on that principle, odds are you'll hate your life 5 years down the road.

Find a girl who wants to love rather than wanting to be loved. It's a PROFOUND difference.

I woman who is looking to love her man, rather than looking for a man just to love her, is worth her weight in gold - they are very very rare.

if you marry any other kind of woman you're just marrying a parasite with tits, who will suck the life out of you as the years go on.
J

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"If you marry any other kind of woman you're just marrying a parasite with tits, who will suck the life out of you as the years go on. "

:crackup:

cinephile

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dificult question

This is a hard one to answer because of the costs/benefits. Those people with good marriages that last seem to be happy and very satisfied with the situation. The bad marriages usually are a version of hell on on earth. With divorce at +50% for first marriages, it would seem the odds are agaist you. Statistics though are decieving.

I don't doubt that if most people exercised a little common sense before getting married, that probably the divorce rate would go down significantly. Lets just look at some things which probably inflate the stats.

1. Teen Pregnancy
2. Maturity level
3. Financial issues
4. Proper roles
5. Children
6. Realistic expectations

The issue of children was brought up earlier. This is really an issue more for women than men. Basically, if a women does'nt want children, then she should'nt get married. The reason being is that for a man, he can still effective have kids into his 60's ( my grandfather did) where for a women it stops at around 40 ( though there are examples of women giving birth past that).

I would think the easiest way to avoid divorce and enjoy a good marriage would be to wait until you are somewhere in your late 20's to early 30's. By that time, a man should know himself and the world well enough to make that decision. When people marry young, they oftenly don't know enough to make a good decison.

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by picard
Is marriage worth it nowadays? We pursue the women everywhere only end up in boring, monotonous life later.
The women just divorce men after a few years later. We will be back to starting point all over again; and our bank account will be reduced much smaller due to alimony payments. :rolleyes: :(

How many times have you been married?