Is it worth it to have female "friends"?

Double J

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were interested in getting with a girl - but for whatever reason it didn't turn out the way you wanted - would you still remain her friend if she's still nice to you and hangs around?

I have several female friends in college. Most of them are genuinely nice girls and very intelligent I might add. Of course, I haven't been interested in all of them, just one or two, and those already had boyfriends.

The downside to this is that sometimes when a girl considers you their friend, they'll cast their worries and problems on you almost all the time, and they expect you to be a diligent spectator when it comes time for the emotional "drama queen" performances.

When I was an AFC, i'd put up with this junk, but not anymore. Most girls I know nowadays say that they prefer having guy friends instead of female buddies because of all that competition that takes place between the b*tches, either over getting a certain guy or wearing the trendiest clothes.

There's no reason why you can't be friends with a girl - especially one you have no interest in (5's and below). SOME girls are caring people that will be there for you when you need them and come in handy (e.g. the smart ones that help you study for a test ).

So my point is, I'm complete in my life - I have several good male buddies, I have options in the dating game, etc. I don't need female friends, but in case I do want one, i'm very selective even for that because the drama queen b*tches who need an emotional tampon have to be weeded out.

Would like to read your comments guys.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think only if you can use them for social proof.

The problem is my friend is like this. He has several friends that are girls. He becomes their emotional tampons and they actually have the nerve to give him a hard time when goes to talk to other women and hit on them.

One of them has a serious boyfriend and she wastes his time all the time. I keep telling him to quit being her emotional tampon. He keeps hanging with her hoping one day to hit it. It's hopeless.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
u can use them for emotional tampons if you want to.

Or you can just be friends with them to talk to. its also fun to have women around PERIOD as long as arent ***** whipped or ONE-I-TIS..

when I say friend I mean friend

BramhaBull60

Don Juan
Reaction score
A Vote For No

I have to say that it depends on you are. I usaully find that of course, I can only freinds with women I am not attracated to. Alot of times those women end up getting attracted to me later on and it causes me a big mess. For me, there are three classes of women:

Ones I am attacted to

Ones I am not attracted to

Girlfriends or wives of other friends who I automatically take off the attracted to list. Friends last forever, women last a couple of months( at least for me lol)

Also, I truely believe that a women who is gorgeous does not have a true guy friend unless he is gay. Its just nature. Every guy is trying to get in their pants on some level. If a women is plain, and the guy is unattracted to her, and she is not to him, then maybe they can be friends. Me? I have to big an ego to deal with being an emotional tampon.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
only if they make an effort to be my friend. But since I'm so damn busy I really don't have time for them anyway.

Slash

Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend used to say.... you can never be just friends with a woman... hes damn good with them a natural... persistent jerk

I agree with him now... Can 2 animals be friends.... Just friends... welll er yes if there is total lack of dynamics.... sure if shes butt ugly...

I dont think Women can ever fill our need as a friend coz we dont need one.... we just need buddies to hangout.. they need emotional tampons... mostly...

If you get off on talking and ****... yeah sure go ahead... or maye include her with you not the other way round..

my 0.02

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: A Vote For No

Originally posted by BramhaBull60
I have to say that it depends on you are. I usaully find that of course, I can only freinds with women I am not attracated to. Alot of times those women end up getting attracted to me later on and it causes me a big mess. For me, there are three classes of women:

Ones I am attacted to

Ones I am not attracted to

Girlfriends or wives of other friends who I automatically take off the attracted to list. Friends last forever, women last a couple of months( at least for me lol)

Also, I truely believe that a women who is gorgeous does not have a true guy friend unless he is gay. Its just nature. Every guy is trying to get in their pants on some level. If a women is plain, and the guy is unattracted to her, and she is not to him, then maybe they can be friends. Me? I have to big an ego to deal with being an emotional tampon.
hey tell me about it, i feel teh same dude. I realized i can only be friends with girls im not attracted to, but then it backfires cause they fall for me. Cause i am myself with them. And when that happens, i dont want to be friends with them. Why? I dont want them to believe im asking for dates, when in reality i just want to hang out.

back when i was afc and an emotional tampoon for this girl, i was friends, although i did like her. when i knew she didnt like me, i just walked away, didnt give her any ultimatum, just walked away from it. Now whenever she sees me, i can see in her that she wants to talk to me and find out the reason for the distance between us. but she wont dare confront me. yet i dont care anymore cause all the felings i had are now gone.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it even worth living?

Alot of retarded threads floating around...

josekortez

Don Juan
Reaction score
No. That's what female relatives are for.

justjosh47

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have them...

Think about it, I don't know about you guys but there have been rare cases when a girl is really into me but IM not feeling it, she could be hot as hell but attraction is more then that, but she can still be cool as hell.

I have a few vary close female friends, most of which were girls I used to be attracted to but for one reason or another I kept them as friends, girls that I can take out to dinner and movie and have no over emotional BS after words, but have the benefits of being seen out with a hot a** girl.

I have broken the friend zone a few times, it works but most of the time its not worth it, so I keep Girlfriend's and girls that are friends in two different categories.

I think its B. S that guys cant have friends that are chicks.

What are you only allowed to have guy friends? that's kind of a boring social life if you ask me.

crotchrocket

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though I've tried numerous times, it's personally NEVER worked for me even with the ones I'm not attracted to. My experience is similar to ScrewIt 's, it always turns on me, I try to be just friends with a girl, they start liking me, I don't do anything about it, then they get all pi$$ed off at me, stop talking to me, end of that friendship, it happens over and over and over.

I personally think most women make lousy friends, I'm not interested in talking about how some dude so and so met treats her like a prick, or hearing how hot some other guy is, why the hell would I? If you have women that you can be just friends with, then go for it, best of luck to you ;-)

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If i'm atracted to a girl in the 1st place, i dont let it reach the friend zone, either it works, or either we dont get to be friends.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell yeah. Not only do they make great wingwomen when you go clubbing, but you also get inside their network of female friends where you can hook up really really easy due to the fact you have a friend putting in a good word for you.

I also stay friends with all my exes once I break it off with them. They are prolly the best friends you can have, since they know you better then anyone else, plus you can still do a booty call every once in a while as long as both parties know it's not gonna evolve into anything bigger.

However, only be friends with girls if you have no sexual interest in them. If you want a relationship, the friendship wont work.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter

However, only be friends with girls if you have no sexual interest in them. If you want a relationship, the friendship wont work.
exactly. the friendship wont work out if either one of you want a relationship.

it's almost the same concept as break-ups/ ex's. One doesnt want the relationship, yet one does. So in the end its best not to talk to each other and cut off all contact.

but some people manage to stay friends with ex's. As both agree to view the relationship only as friends and accept that fate.

exactly as crotchrocket said, im not interested in hearing what jerk treated her bad or etc. Plus i dont want to be no substitute for one of her girlfriends. Such as gossiping and ****. only women have the most pointless crap to talk about all the time.

i'd say the closest thing to being friends with most men and women in the world is being acquantances. And from then on, what becomes of you two is dependent on where you both take it to the next level or not.

DonWon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Trance
If i'm atracted to a girl in the 1st place, i dont let it reach the friend zone, either it works, or either we dont get to be friends.
That's a damn good ass quote, Trance! Man I just finished a thread about a female friend I am (trying to stop being) attracted to.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How old are you guys, 14? I've got no problems with female friends. Like male friends, I hang out with them if they interest me, and if they bore me, I stop hanging out with them.

And yes, I wouldn't mind banging some of my female friends, but I wouldn't mind banging Claudia Shiffer either, but it doesn't mean I'm flying to Germany to ask her out.

Learn to control your lust or else you'll find yourself being controlled by women.

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly -- everybody exists for my pleasure, male or female. Not only sexual pleasure, you sickos :D

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie

Learn to control your lust or else you'll find yourself being controlled by women.
This is awesome advice. I've seen more great advice this week than ever in my greater than 2 years of occasionally reading and posting on this site!

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only female friends I have in my life are: my girlfriend, my mother, my sisters, my cousins, and maybe one female best friend that clicks with me on all levels. The rest are either acquantainces or friends.

You should be having more male friends than female friends. Trust me on this, if you have a bunch of female friends that is good as "social proof" but it subconciously makes you effeminate. I know a guy that thinks he's the daddymac, he can't handle hanging out with guys because he seems more interested in hanging out with girls.

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Female friends are good for 2 things...

1) Social proof
2) Meeting new chicks through