Is it possible to gain 40 pounds in 4 months?

Agent Zero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you just hit the gym and eat a lot and make sure your protein intake is high? That's all you need to do....you aren't going to want to count every ****ing calorie anyways so just work hard rather than argue about it online with a bunch of skinny twigs.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A-Unit said:
Like ALL statistics, it isn't PERFECT. It's more of an AVERAGE. If you've got not fat to lose, obviously you'll more muscle. And if you're ALL fat, then you'll lose more fat than muscle.
there we go...as an average it makes sense. it sounded like you were giving an ironclad rule.

Locster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. Right now Im just trying to gain weight and muscle cause Im tired of being skinny. Im thinking about following Anthony Ellis' program, do you guys think its worth it or should I base my workout on the information I find in this forum?

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
locster,

the ellis program has been discussed many times, my personal take is that it sucks. a beginner has no need for drop sets, supersets, 1-rep maxes, or 1x/week bodypart traning. get on rippetoe or 5x5, as long as you eat and sleep well youll make better gains. i speak from personal experience as well, i started off on ellis than switched to a modified rippetoe which blew me up

frozenno1

Reaction score
The secret which is not really a secret is the amount of repetitions your doing per set

next time you find yourself working out get heavier weights and try doing 2-4 reps by 5sets and get a friend to help you