Is it ok for your girlfriend to "like" other guys on fb

JdelaSilviera

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the view that very rarely the likes between guys and girls on facebook/instagram pictures are totally inofensive. You are basically telling the other person you find her hot.

Would you mind your girlfriend to do that on her male friends? And could this a subtle sign of how the girl behaves (ie. attention whoring, trying to lead on other guys etc.) Obviously I'm talking on pics where the person is alone, not group pics or even landscapes..

Thanks and have a good evening.

:rock:

JdelaSilviera

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. I just wanted to know if it's me being paranoid. Of course girls have friends who are butt ugly and like their photos just for a small boost in their confidence. If the guy is good looking it's another story.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are these guys hot? If so she is making a beeline for them.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your not being paranoid IMO. This is part of the reason why i dont even want to bother with another LTR again. Sh!t like this starts up and yeah, while at the start its "harmless" this is how it begins. Likes on FB, "innocent" comments, maybe a little private message here and there. When you step up and say something about it, shes only going to give you the universal female bullsh!t lines.... "He's just a friend", "It doesnt mean anything", "We're just chatting"... etc... I dont need that stress wondering what's really going on. As long as social sites like facebook are around... they seek the attention from various guys deep inside. Im sure FB and others cause many relationship problems.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on a variety of factors. Reverse it for a second. Say YOU are that "other guy" - what is being subcommunicated when a girl likes a majority of your pics? I've been there before, and in each case it's translated to a subtle form of flirting, the girl was trying to tell me something without saying anything. Is this always the case? I don't think so, but it deserves at least a degree of attention - I wouldn't dismiss it entirely altogether. Does she like a ton of other pics from other people indiscriminately? Then it probably doesn't mean much. Is she a bit more selective? Then it might. Does she know the guy personally? Further still, does she have a past with him? Questions to consider. If you have reasons to doubt your relationship with your girlfriend, if something seems off, and you pair it together with this sort of thing going on with her, then I'd say it's not something to casually dismiss.

Soolaimon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't the point of Facebook to "like" other people's stuff? Pay attention if she is liking someone too much that will tell you if something is really going on.

latinnova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah... And if she is gonna do any cheating, she is gonna do it regardless of if you are nose deep in her Facebook or not. If you snoop she will take offense and hide things more and more, and this will push her to want to cheat more because of her overbearing boyfriend. So just let it be, and if anything happens the drop that beech, there are others. Ex found her old fling on Facebook, but now no focks are given by me any longer and I am actually thankful he took her. I wasn't aware of how miserable I was until she was actually gone out of my life. So let life happen as it will, things happen for a reason.

dk1990S111

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
latinnova said:
Nah... And if she is gonna do any cheating, she is gonna do it regardless of if you are nose deep in her Facebook or not. If you snoop she will take offense and hide things more and more, and this will push her to want to cheat more because of her overbearing boyfriend. So just let it be, and if anything happens the drop that beech, there are others. Ex found her old fling on Facebook, but now no focks are given by me any longer and I am actually thankful he took her. I wasn't aware of how miserable I was until she was actually gone out of my life. So let life happen as it will, things happen for a reason.
im with you on that. if you are too confrontational it will 1) make you look like a controlling a$shole. 2) push her into his arms for "emotional support".

the best action is to just sit back and pay attention to it but dont say anything unless you see something that makes it obvious there is something more going on than just liking pictures.

The411

Banned
Reaction score
JdelaSilviera said:
I have the view that very rarely the likes between guys and girls on facebook/instagram pictures are totally inofensive. You are basically telling the other person you find her hot.

Would you mind your girlfriend to do that on her male friends? And could this a subtle sign of how the girl behaves (ie. attention whoring, trying to lead on other guys etc.) Obviously I'm talking on pics where the person is alone, not group pics or even landscapes..

Thanks and have a good evening.

:rock:
People still use Facialbook? I deleted that nonsense two years ago, don't miss it and could care less who's on there or what goes on.

You nor anyone can control what someone else or others are going to do.

If you know your chick is getting that and replying or fishing for more "like compliments" consider it a red flag but don't worry about it. It will only drive you nuts. Just hold it and see if more pop up and think about moving on and not looking back with complete no contact. Unless you like playing games.

For that stuff Flakebook "likes" I wouldn't give a damn. I'd see it as the chick is insecure and even child like. (*If she's posting a lot of self pics and getting other dudes "complimenting" her on them. Orbiters gonna orbit.)

Does she have pictures with you in them? Not that it's going to stop thirsty dudes who are mass "liking" every other chick besides her but just a thought..If you are "exclusive" and she has rarely any or none of you but adds new self pics for "like" comments etc. You know to play it cool but not take her seriously for relationship material.

And if she winds up with one and leaves? Let her go. And let her keep on going. While you do the mature thing and don't look back but progress in your own life.

Cause she damn well isn't going to shut down her Flakebook and stop looking for other "likes" with her new "better" dude.

Don't sweat it. I wouldn't. I'd just know to bounce for good when the time came if more red flags started popping up.

huffman211

Reaction score
Hi, I don't think it's ok when your girlfriend likes other guys on Facebook or other social networks. My ex liked guys photos on Instagram - I monitored her with Snoopreport.com I told her to stop cause I think unacceptable but she continued, so we broke up

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i got arrested and instead of backing me, my missus told her family shed split with me! however we lusted each other and carried on seeing each other everynight(secretly whilst we hoped to rebuild hmmmmm)...BUT on fb she started to take endless selfies and like other guys selfies they ofcourse returned the favour!!!
Whats interesting is ...these guys were **** all compared to me, she was with me every day god sends or her children so it served no purpose apart from disrespecting me/attention whoring! I warned her to stop and within 2 weeks she was back doing it!!!

so I got two real hot sluts banged the living daylights out of them videod the last 10 seconds and sent it my missus

I remember her phoning me at 6.30am on the way to work puking her guts up on a car park

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Insecure much?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i got arrested and instead of backing me, my missus told her family shed split with me! however we lusted each other and carried on seeing each other everynight(secretly whilst we hoped to rebuild hmmmmm)...BUT on fb she started to take endless selfies and like other guys selfies they ofcourse returned the favour!!!
Whats interesting is ...these guys were **** all compared to me, she was with me every day god sends or her children so it served no purpose apart from disrespecting me/attention whoring! I warned her to stop and within 2 weeks she was back doing it!!!

so I got two real hot sluts banged the living daylights out of them videod the last 10 seconds and sent it my missus

I remember her phoning me at 6.30am on the way to work puking her guts up on a car park
What did she say? And did it stop her from AW ( Attention Whoring ) on social media?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
difference between insecure and your own woman hanging you out to dry not only 1. not backing me up to others/family and 2 having her cake and eating it with attention.....i just keep her as an option now

Glassguy

Reaction score
Start liking other hot chick's attention seeking selfies on FB and see how long it goes before she blows up about you doing it.

If one of the hot chicks just so happens to start messaging you on facebook after you like her pic, let nature take its course ;)

Thats what your girl is doing.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How insane do you have to be to try to police Facebook likes? That's like trying to control her glances and stares

It's only a big deal if she likes people's posts in such a blatant and obvious way that it seems like she's clearly trying to get the D (like if she makes an effort to like every single picture or status certain guys post and also comment on all of them)

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not paranoid at all

Was going out with a Polish girl, and checked her facebook. One obvious guy pursuing. Found out from someone else that they had kissed before on a night out. New guy turned up on her facebook, and that was the guy she ended up ltr'ing, that i later found out after being ghosted.

Was going out with an Italian girl who slept with a woman and lied to me about it. Facebook validated that. I thought i might be a bit nuts thinking that at first.

Just examples. I've had loads.

If you don't take the relationship too serious, then such things aren't such a big deal anyway. They are massive dilemnas for the serial-monogamist.

So things only have the importance that you give them. And monogamy benefits women, as they still tend to get hit on - whilst you stop hitting on other women. She'll gets hit on, and constantly evaluates your worth, whilst you stagnate from fidelity.

Her messing with ""male friends"" on facebook is bothersome, because you are vulnerable and in a weak position that you needn't be, and have no real cause to be.
Really good stuff here deesade

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the ultimate secret to success with women....

-If you're concerned about sh!t like this regularly, then you're not inspiring high enough interest in the women you date, and you need to fix yourself in that respect.
-If you are supposedly exclusive with a girl and she starts doing this stuff, and you suspect something, you tell her to fck off. I don't care how spesh she thinks she is, or you think she is, or how much in lurrrve you are. Move on. She's just not that in to you. And there are 10,000 more out there, just like her, and plenty of others who aren't.

When you're top of a girl's list, you know; and I mean you really know. At that point you know you don't have to worry about dopey sh!t like social media. By very virtue of worrying about this sh!t, you are acknowledging that you don't think you are good enough. Self-doubt will always be your own worst enemy.

Kultam

Banned
Reaction score
I was worried about this too.

Then I stopped being into one girl. I have two at the moment. I don't even have added them on Facebook and I'm Godly aware they chat with a lot of guys and like their stuff. They both also have their Edating profiles on but I just couldn't care less (because I do so, too).

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think your girl is playing the field, play it better. Stop being exclusive with her!