Is he trying to make me jealous?

xxJuliexx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey! Sorry I know it's a forum for guys, but I wanted guys opinions and input on this, so thank you for anyone commenting on this post! :)

I have this guy friend whom I was infatuated with maybe even in love with. I always resisted though cause of so much drama. I will explain if you want me too. It's just a lot of drama, but one of them was the fact that he kept pulling disappearing acts on me, and then he would reappear in my life and act like he's my boyfriend and act like he is so in love with me, and declared his love for me, then I wouldn't reciprocate and then he would disappear and I wouldn't hear from him from weeks to months at a time. It was the same repeated cycle, and I never had sex with him. Well I just came to the point in my life, that I should just cut him out instead of having this in and out, flip flopping, behavior in my life, even though I don't want to let go, I am forcing myself to let go, cause I really do care about him.

Well 2 months have passed haven't heard or seen him. Out of the blue he calls my dad to see if he has any work for him to do on his day off, (he used to work for my dad's construction company but now he is working with a landscaping company) Anyways, my dad says "Let me call you back. Julie is with me and she has to drive me to pickup material" Then my dad calls him back and he says "Yeah I texted Ryan (my brother) a pic of this hot girl i'm going out with. She's really hot" First of all, why would he text my brother pics of this "hot girl" when he is not even close with my brother? He worked with him a couple of times, but he is not super close to him and he texted him that out of the blue. Also why would he mention it to my dad? I noticed it was on the second call he mentioned this girl. Another point is he has a good job with a great pay and he doesn't have high expenses and he works full time, so why wouldn't he want to enjoy the day off? I work full time and go to college so I cherish my days off! lol. I am despising him more after this, but I am more curious about the behavior than him. Is he trying to make me jealous? If so what is he trying to prove or what is he trying to accomplish? What does this sound like to you? I am still sticking to my guns to cutting him out of my life, I just want to know more about guys that play this jealousy game is all. But just give me your opinion on it! Thank you so much

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This really sounds like it has absolutely nothing to do with you. You might be projecting when it comes to "games" and "jealousy". Enjoy your slice of humble pie.

Thorninmyside

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations on making it all about you again.

He's got your hamster doing cartwheels. He's obviously no chump, and each time he disappeared, it was more likely your drama than his. Glad he bagged himself a hottie. Sure beats orbiting an indecisive drama queen.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's some major push-pull right there. Don't know what he's trying to accomplish but damn.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he's apparently not allowed to talk to your family.

it either has nothing to do with you, or he is obviously trying to make you jealous, depending on how much he actually enjoys talking to your family members and about his life in general(if he's super private and hates your brother, then he's trying to make you jealous, if he's extremely outgoing and into making new friends, it may have nothing to do with you)

EDIT: why do you try and pretend that you liked him or wanted him when every time he flirted with you, you didn't reciprocate?

what would YOU do if a guy you were flirting with ignored your advances? go ghost? exactly.

having read the entire thing completely, I want to replace the phrase "make you jealous" with "spite you" in my original reply.

Poop1337

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You just tell us what area you live in and if you're cute. Then we'll have some one from the forum private message you so you can get some one on one coaching.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poop1337 said:
You just tell us what area you live in and if you're cute. Then we'll have some one from the forum private message you so you can get some one on one coaching.
You scoundrel you

xxJuliexx

Don Juan
Reaction score
devilkingx2 said:
he's apparently not allowed to talk to your family.

it either has nothing to do with you, or he is obviously trying to make you jealous, depending on how much he actually enjoys talking to your family members and about his life in general(if he's super private and hates your brother, then he's trying to make you jealous, if he's extremely outgoing and into making new friends, it may have nothing to do with you)

EDIT: why do you try and pretend that you liked him or wanted him when every time he flirted with you, you didn't reciprocate?

what would YOU do if a guy you were flirting with ignored your advances? go ghost? exactly.

having read the entire thing completely, I want to replace the phrase "make you jealous" with "spite you" in my original reply.
I never said he couldn't talk to my family. I just don't get why he would talk to my brother, when he is not that close with him and he did talk **** on my brother. But he deserved it cause my brother is a very vindictive person and there was a major incident that happened with me and my brother, filled with betrayal and false accusations etc. And my friend stood up for me and he called my brother *****ing him out and saying "Why would you do that to your sister? You are such a *******, you and your girlfriend should pay for that! I love your sister" Now granted he shouldn't get involved with family issues, but it's the point that he took it upon himself to stick up for me and it seemed like he didn't like my brother. Cause I heard form other people what he said about him, so I got the impression anyways that he didn't like my brother much.

Also like I stated before there was a ton of drama, and he would do things that made me reconsider a relationship or going further with him cause he would pop in and out of my life, then he seemed like he didn't know what he wanted, then he was having ex issues cause he has a child with her, so her friends were threatening all of his woman friends and then my friends wanted to date him etc. Yeah!! Way too much drama, that is why I stayed his friend, cause there is just way too much, but in the same breath I really like him and love him. I care about him a lot. I understand what you are saying. Thank you.

xxJuliexx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poop1337 said:
LMAO!

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
xxJuliexx said:
Hey! Sorry I know it's a forum for guys, but I wanted guys opinions and input on this, so thank you for anyone commenting on this post! :)

I have this guy friend whom I was infatuated with maybe even in love with. I always resisted though cause of so much drama. I will explain if you want me too. It's just a lot of drama, but one of them was the fact that he kept pulling disappearing acts on me, and then he would reappear in my life and act like he's my boyfriend and act like he is so in love with me, and declared his love for me, then I wouldn't reciprocate and then he would disappear and I wouldn't hear from him from weeks to months at a time. It was the same repeated cycle, and I never had sex with him. Well I just came to the point in my life, that I should just cut him out instead of having this in and out, flip flopping, behavior in my life, even though I don't want to let go, I am forcing myself to let go, cause I really do care about him.

Well 2 months have passed haven't heard or seen him. Out of the blue he calls my dad to see if he has any work for him to do on his day off, (he used to work for my dad's construction company but now he is working with a landscaping company) Anyways, my dad says "Let me call you back. Julie is with me and she has to drive me to pickup material" Then my dad calls him back and he says "Yeah I texted Ryan (my brother) a pic of this hot girl i'm going out with. She's really hot" First of all, why would he text my brother pics of this "hot girl" when he is not even close with my brother? He worked with him a couple of times, but he is not super close to him and he texted him that out of the blue. Also why would he mention it to my dad? I noticed it was on the second call he mentioned this girl. Another point is he has a good job with a great pay and he doesn't have high expenses and he works full time, so why wouldn't he want to enjoy the day off? I work full time and go to college so I cherish my days off! lol. I am despising him more after this, but I am more curious about the behavior than him. Is he trying to make me jealous? If so what is he trying to prove or what is he trying to accomplish? What does this sound like to you? I am still sticking to my guns to cutting him out of my life, I just want to know more about guys that play this jealousy game is all. But just give me your opinion on it! Thank you so much

Of course he is trying to make you jealous. I know it is upsetting or exciting you, but does it make you moist? (serious question)

Your best bet is to just start ignoring him. Just do other stuff to get your mnd off of him.

If he is seriously trying to make you jealous by doing this it means he cares about you, every time he does some little act to do this he may be investing in you whether you realize it or not.

Go ghost on him, and he may just come running. Or he won't care.

wishyo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Avoid this dude like plague, especially you don’t like him. You got better things to care about in your life.
I have no clue wtf he keeps on disappering, mb he is on drugs or something. As far as I understood, he havent really achieved much in his life.. why u care about junk?

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
wishyo said:
Avoid this dude like plague, especially you don’t like him. You got better things to care about in your life.
I have no clue wtf he keeps on disappering, mb he is on drugs or something. As far as I understood, he havent really achieved much in his life.. why u care about junk?
Don't expect women to be logical.

xxJuliexx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback! :) I just wanted to add in, that I honestly didn't love rejecting him. If I would I would be with him but like I said too much drama, and him pulling disappearing acts made me reconsider, I was being cautious, not malicious. Cause I think some of you fellas think I am an attention *****, that is a ***** and just loved rejecting him, when it hurt me to do that...if I was a cold heartless ***** I wouldn't even care about him or this situation. I wouldn't have helped him out so many times. None of these girls or even his own family did what I did for him. He was stranded multiple times and I picked him up. I helped him emotionally through a break-up. I encouraged him a lot. I really showed how much I cared and how much of a good friend I am to him, I bought him things, and didn't expect for him to pay it. Sorry if I come off like an attention ***** who loved rejecting him, but I was confused as to what he wanted. So I had to figure it out, and since this is a repeated cycle, I figured I have to stop it, and it's hard for me, cause I still do care a lot about him.

xxJuliexx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also let me add this in. I saw my brother's text convo with him. He did text my brother out of the blue, because there was no previous conversation. Also what I don't get is he sent 2 selfies of her, and then he sent my brother a pic of her and him together when that pic is on Facebook, so my brother could easily just go on FB and look at that particular pic, he didn't need to send him that one, I have been off FB, but he is friends with my mother, father and brother on FB and my mom told me that pic is on his FB. Anyways I can't tell if he did this to get to me? Or if he was just talking but here's the convo. Thank you.

*sends random pics of this girl*
My bro- She's ****in hot bro!
Friend- Yeah man and non dramatic too! She's so nice! And definitely really pretty!
My bro- That's good!
Friend- She's good, She's good, she's got a kid though, uh oh!
My bro- So do you. You're soulmates!
Friend- Right! Looks like we gotta go up to Canada with you!
My bro- Huh? What?
Then that was the end of the convo.

I still can't tell but there was no previous text conversation, so it's not like they were texting each other then all of a sudden in midst of conversation he sends these pics to him, he just randomly sends the pics. The last convo they had with each other was well over a month ago, and it was about work. So what do you guys gather from this? Thank you.

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does he, or does he not get your vagina wet ?

wishyo

Don Juan
Reaction score
i told you, this dude sounds/acts like a fvcking useless junk.
dont even freaking waste your time caring for his emotions. go for a date with some of your college friends, aim for high gpa dudes. if it will get boring, get one basketball (you should know what i mean, dont wanna sound racist) player so he can satisfy your desires :D
but ye, noobology is right.. so you will get what you think you deserve.

xxJuliexx

Don Juan
Reaction score
wishyo said:
i told you, this dude sounds/acts like a fvcking useless junk.
dont even freaking waste your time caring for his emotions. go for a date with some of your college friends, aim for high gpa dudes. if it will get boring, get one basketball (you should know what i mean, dont wanna sound racist) player so he can satisfy your desires :D
but ye, noobology is right.. so you will get what you think you deserve.
Haha! Yeah, you're right! I just am curious though. Now I don't know if he is just really infatuated with this girl or if he is trying to make me jealous it is more curiosity honestly, but I see what you mean. Thank you

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you had any boundaries you would've forgotten about that guy a long time ago.

Go for guys that don't play games and don't play games yourself. If you see a guy is playing games, next him.