Is dancing necessary?

Pantera_man

Don Juan
Reaction score
This sh*t has gone on long enough. My starving **** has never tasted ***** and it'll be 21 in a few days. Never even kissed a girl man.....

Basically, I've been completely clueless on anything to do with girls so I just never even tried to communicate with them during my teen years. I Didn't, and still barely do, know how to meet girls. Yeah, I regret a lot of sh*t.... Now that I'm learning what the signals are and what not I realize that a lot of girls, including some very attractive ones have given me "blatant" signs of interest like touching, looks, offering their drink, etc but I
was oblivious. Now that I have half a f*cking clue about things, no come ons. Just the f*cking luck of the Irish isn't it?

I got a long, hard road paved with f*cking diarrhea ahead of me....

Anyway, my question revolves around dance clubs.... These places seem as if they were designed by Satan for idiots.

Basically, going to these places make me want to snap and kill someone. The horrible rap/ R&B sh*t. I'm a conservative white boy who loves Pantera and heavy metal and I'm supposed to dress up like I'm some type of pimp and prance around like a fairy on a dance floor while Usher's playing? I don't f*cking think so, dancing to music means that you approve of it and I will not give this filth that is dumbing down our society my approval. I don't dance anyway, I think it's stupid. Condescend me all you want, you will NOT change my opinion on this matter.

To get hot girls is it necessary to dance? I mean damn I see all these guys dress up like metrosexual pansies and contemptible specimens of men.... They listen to effeminate R&B music, or really dumb rap and they love hitting the clubs. Obviously they are just doing this to get girls....

My question is.... What is the point of this effeminate womanizer bullsh*t? If I'm in the realm of the hot chick do I have to start dancing and clubbing as part of the routine? She better like Pantera and Slayer because there's never any trendy sh*t being played in my ride. Nothing but metal and rock.

Do you have to dance to pick up girls in clubs? Do all clubs play this "urban" crap?

Anyway, I'm new to this and am not always the best at phrasing my questions so take it easy on me with your too cool pimp **** and witty remarks....

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DANCING!!!!

Being able to dance is deff a GOOD thing... especially at clubs.... I own the dancefloor wherever i go, and trust me, its attracks the b!tches BIG TIME;) ... or maybe its just me :rolleyes: :D ;)

Laterz...

redshift

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe go to somekind of rock/gothic/techno place..the one near my city plays pretty good rock/techno stuff...metal music but you can still dance to it... However you have to be lets say....umm..selective about picking up the chicks who come there..atleast half of them are junkie types...but you do find lotsa nice chicks from time to time.

HeartlessBtch

Don Juan
Reaction score
To me it is essential....To other girls it might not be. just hope that you get a girl that doesn't enjoy dancing as much as others do. Oh yeah, if you don't dance, please don't go to the club just to stand there...Chicks always critize those guys and more when they step on the dance floor and all of a sudden they look like my 90 year old grandfather dancing

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by HeartlessBtch
To me it is essential....To other girls it might not be. just hope that you get a girl that doesn't enjoy dancing as much as others do. Oh yeah, if you don't dance, please don't go to the club just to stand there...Chicks always critize those guys and more when they step on the dance floor and all of a sudden they look like my 90 year old grandfather dancing
So when you coming dancing with me?;)

Laterz...

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My sister (30) says she doesn't mind the guys in clubs who stand around with drinks nodding their heads or whatever. She said some of the guys look a bit feminine the way they dance, and she has no problem with the guys that chill on the sidelines. I myself never really got into dancing like some of my other friends, and if I tried now I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.

I've seen the way a lot of girls/guys dance in these places and to be honest with you, it's a little embarrassing to see the way some of them move. I mean they just don't have the rythmic moves that you'd expect from people who do this on a regular basis. One time I was over a friends house playing cards and we had music playing in the background. This one girl who was trying to impress me got up and danced and it was a little hard to look at, I was like "damn, is this how these girls dance in these clubs"?

I don't think it's a problem unless you're actually trying to pick up girls in clubs. If you see the way people dance these days it turns out to be little more than an excuse to "touch" each other anyway, this way it isn't seen as inappropriate. I'll agree it can only help you, but if you're like me you probably won't get into it. There are plenty of girls I know who like dancing but it wouldn't hurt your chances with them if you didn't (if they're attracted to you, however).

Spartan

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can learn to dance and bump and grind with a hot woman or you can stand at the bar like a prat watching the dance floor wishing you was the guy dancing with the hot woman.

I choose the first option. Dancing is a skill well worth having.

Hellboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where are you from? Every city has rock clubs. Then you can find a hot chick that fits your style. Pantera is great to dance to! You just gotta relax and let your body move with the rythm naturally. Don't worry about being a bad dancer. I reckon most girls would prefer a bad dancer who at least gave it a shot and enjoyed themselves, rather than one of these guys who just says "I don't dance". Booooring!

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget clubs - go to rock shows. Support your local metal bands. You'll find girls there, and they won't expect you to dance like a member of N'Sync to impress them. Plus, if they're at a metal concert, that's a good sign you'll have common interests with them.

Plain & Simple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah like somebody in this thread said, if you go to a club dont go to stand against the wall watching everybody, go and dance along with the rest of the crowd, and if you do stand on the corner, stay there the whole night, dont stand on the corner and then go and dance, thas just as bad.

the only way youll get away with that is if youve been dancing for a while, ofcourse is ok to take a few songs break against the wall, but no more than 2 songs.

Oh and make sure you have a drink while you standing up, even if its empty damn it at least act like you zipping on something.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, going to these places make me want to snap and kill someone. The horrible rap/ R&B sh*t. I'm a conservative white boy who loves Pantera and heavy metal and I'm supposed to dress up like I'm some type of pimp and prance around like a fairy on a dance floor while Usher's playing? I don't f*cking think so, dancing to music means that you approve of it and I will not give this filth that is dumbing down our society my approval. I don't dance anyway, I think it's stupid. Condescend me all you want, you will NOT change my opinion on this matter.
I could write the same stuff about heavy metal or techno, but I don't because who am I to say what type of music is good an what type isn't. You seem to be filled with hate. Better get a grip on that man. Maybe chicks will start to like you if you become more positive... oh and though most chicks are so into dancing (I'm not that much into it, but I think it's ok..) you could still go to a one of these places where people drink on their nights out, but only sit around...oh yeah bars was the word ;-)

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bar/Club scene

The bar/club scene isn't the only game in town. This is an excuse people use to do nothing. I rarely go to a club these days, and when I do it's usually because someone I already know drags me there.

The reason is that I am already busy going out on dates I met at other venues. Try talking to women in parks, try a speed dating service (Note I have not personally used these service, but assume it might hold some value), or ask friends/relatives/taken women if they know anyone who might want to date you (Never worked for me, but I never pursued this option much). These might be more comfortable for a guy who strongly dislikes dancing.

Another option is to consult a low-cost therapist. I will suggest visitng Mr. Jack Daniels 30 minutes before entering the club. It's cheaper if you only have to buy 1 or 2 drinks (for props) once in the club.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by HeartlessBtch
Who gives a shyt if chicks critisize anyone? If you can't dance, but you want to go on the floor and act like an idiot, DO IT.

We think women are fvcking stupid for going to the bathroom in "Wolf Packs"....stupid ass bytches...LOL

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate dancing and I think it's one of the stupidest forms of human expression ever. But it definitely improves your chances.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pantera, you need to get some *****. Then rap will sound much smarter than you think.

Pantera_man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some excellent advice and reassuring as well. Especially if there actually are heavy metal clubs in my town.

Ebach, I can assure you that my testicles are both adequate and where they should be. I'm just not about to strap on a pink button up and ghetto dance to Usher and Beyonce. See what I'm saying?

By the way, the words "rap" and "smart" should never be used in the same sentence. :D

DJMaC23

Don Juan
Reaction score
You obviously have a strong opinion, and you are entitled to that. In fact, I agree that some of the song selections in clubs that play primarily R&B and Hiphop are made in ill judgement. However, do you really think the music genre/styles such as Pantera really contribute to society? Like another member stated, the same could be said for your preferred music tastes. There are MANY examples of heavy metal songs that do not exactly contribute positively and in good nature to society. You know what though, who cares! Your conservative white boy ass obviously needs to get out more and open up your ears to more than the garbage r&b and rap they play on the radio. Oh, and for the record girls love guys who can dance.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Ebach
Pantera, you need to get some *****. Then rap will sound much smarter than you think.
No it won't. LOL

Pantera, if you dislike the music THAT much, then stay away from the club scene as a pick-up arena. There are other places to meet women and you're not going to have success in a club unless you're enjoying yourself.

But if you're one of these super-rebels who goes around acting like they have a chip on their shoulder and want to beat the sh!t out of everyone...if that's part of your "image"...then you need to calm down and learn some social skills.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pantera, rap and rock both have something meaningful to offer.. aren't smart people supposed to be more open minded?

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels, still living with your wussy parents aren't you? go to work, go to shop, go home... is that what life is all about? life is too short to be learning social skills... go live life while you're still young