Improving social proof.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, during lunch, after I eat if I don't see any girls I want to approach [or if the tables where the girls are at are full], I usually just sit there, and look around. Sometimes I even go sit with my 2 friends, but they get boring after a while(Usually just do their homework). I could sit with my senior friends I know from wrestling, but I fear that I wouldn't be able to add much to the conversation. What I'm aiming to do is get a group of friends that I can hang with outside of school. I already have a lot of people who just say hey, and small talk to me, but no one who I can hang outside of school.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Whats your question?
Dude, how can I make more friends? How can I improve my social proof? That's the question. Infact, how do I make friends period?

WhiteSoledShoes

Don Juan
Reaction score
out of all the guys you make small talk with and say hey....pick the guy you seem to be closest too already and start talking more and then go sit with him at lunch. Then his friends will start to befriend you if he has.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhiteSoledShoes said:
out of all the guys you make small talk with and say hey....pick the guy you seem to be closest too already and start talking more and then go sit with him at lunch. Then his friends will start to befriend you if he has.
I don't really make small talk with other guys, they make small talk with me. And I'm not really "close" to any of them.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
I could sit with my senior friends I know from wrestling, but I fear that I wouldn't be able to add much to the conversation.
I'm going to go on a limb and assume wrestlers are like football players... Chances are, conversations pretty much revolve around the Simpsons, women, and cars. Unless you're clueless about all three... you should be ok. There's almost nothing better than hanging out with athletes (while being one yourself) for social proof; you get to the cool parties, you meet hot women, etc. I went from that guy nobody knew to one of the most well-known guys, at least in my graduation class, just because I played football and started hanging out with the cool football players. Just have at 'er.

Edit: Just to be clear, I answered your original query about social proof, and not how to make friends, though hanging out with other guys and being "buddies" with some will, eventually, lead to that.

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Okay, during lunch, after I eat if I don't see any girls I want to approach [or if the tables where the girls are at are full], I usually just sit there, and look around. Sometimes I even go sit with my 2 friends, but they get boring after a while(Usually just do their homework). I could sit with my senior friends I know from wrestling, but I fear that I wouldn't be able to add much to the conversation. What I'm aiming to do is get a group of friends that I can hang with outside of school. I already have a lot of people who just say hey, and small talk to me, but no one who I can hang outside of school.

Bro, you have to make an EFFORT to make new friends, get out there and talk to some people in your class.

Making friends is like, one of the fundamentals of socializing you learned about before you can even remember!

Go look up vibing, use it on men and women! You become friends with someone when you have something in common with them.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Touchout said:
Bro, you have to make an EFFORT to make new friends, get out there and talk to some people in your class.

Making friends is like, one of the fundamentals of socializing you learned about before you can even remember!

Go look up vibing, use it on men and women! You become friends with someone when you have something in common with them.
Class actually doesn't work, because of my small classes, but I'm in track and I could perhaps make friends there, just wouldn't know what to talk about. However, it seems awkward approaching other guys you don't know.

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ElStud said:
Class actually doesn't work, because of my small classes, but I'm in track and I could perhaps make friends there, just wouldn't know what to talk about. However, it seems awkward approaching other guys you don't know.

Yes, not going to lie, it is awkward. And maybe you won't know what to talk about, but you know what? If you want to make new friends you have to talk to them anyway.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Touchout said:
Yes, not going to lie, it is awkward. And maybe you won't know what to talk about, but you know what? If you want to make new friends you have to talk to them anyway.
Well if it's the only way to make new friends, I guess I'll have to do it.

Upthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk about them. People love talking about themselves, especially girls. They will be your friend. Soon they will invite you over and you will be having a good old time. It may be boring but it works well enough.

It may be akward but they will eventually warm up. Well unless your super creepy and are not easily approached

Ask them how they did at track.
If they say poorly then ask why
when the say why say ooh that sucks or something
continue conversation to get them to talk about themselves.

Tidus

Reaction score
Talk To Anyone And Everyone. That's what I do. Talk to someone you don't know and act like you know them. pretend you're friends before you even know them. ask them how their day was. it's pretty weird to them at first, but if you keep the conversation friendly they should warm up to you. It's a fast and easy way to meet people and improve you rep.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social life seems to be improving. At the moment I have 2 groups of people I can hang out with on Saturday, either these other two dudes, or this dude named "David" who wants to jam on Saturday(He plays the drums, I play bass). Eventually I'm going to have to do either one thing or the other.

gmillar

Don Juan
Reaction score
You think of way too many excuses to not do things. You just need to hike up your skirt and wade balls-first into life.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gmillar said:
You think of way too many excuses to not do things. You just need to hike up your skirt and wade balls-first into life.
Wait, what the f*ck? I never made a f*cking excuse. I said I was going to one of my groups of friends houses to chill.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those aren't excuses. Those are proofs.

apocalypse later

Don Juan
Reaction score
Those are excuses. How do you plan on making friends if you're too embarassed to approach people? How do you plan on meeting women if you're to embarassed to approach them?

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
apocalypse later said:
Those are excuses. How do you plan on making friends if you're too embarassed to approach people? How do you plan on meeting women if you're to embarassed to approach them?
You haven't read any of the recent post in this thread.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Useless thread.

I told you your methods were pointless. I already have friends, I have no reason to get new ones. I'm happy with the friends I have, I don't need new ones. These friends are pretty much all the social proof I need, and since my friends are pretty well known, I make friends off of them. I'm not going to cold approach another guy. I blocked you for a good reason, your advice is not helping me at all, especially when I'm fine how I am.

Last edited: