I'm gonna be a dad

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Murk,
Congratulations,please keep us informed on developments.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations bro! I never loved any women as much as my kid.

Just be aware that life WILL change dramatically and most propably your woman will change too.

You will have to adapt and face challenges you never faced before.

Good luck!

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations bro! I never loved any women as much as my kid.

Just be aware that life WILL change dramatically and most propably your woman will change too.

You will have to adapt and face challenges you never faced before.

Good luck!
I hear you, at this point I couldn’t care less how she pans out. I finally have a why, a reason to live. I’m finally alive. I’ve just realised how unhappy I must have been these past 35 years. It’s quite sobering.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations. Hate to be the serious guy but take advantage of the positive vibes and get your parenting plan ironed out with her and the. a lawyer and get it signed. God forbid it hits the fan. I don’t believe you’re married based on your recent writing.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations. Hate to be the serious guy but take advantage of the positive vibes and get your parenting plan ironed out with her and the. a lawyer and get it signed. God forbid it hits the fan. I don’t believe you’re married based on your recent writing.
I'm bringing her into my business and making her a partner, I will make more with some accountability

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Congrats!

Hopefully you bank a lot of sleep now while you still can. You won't be getting much for the first year after the child is born. :lol:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
D@mn, bro! Congrats! Hopefully I can join you in parenthood someday.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats from the old lady! Super stoked for you!! It will be the biggest joy and most meaningful sacrifice you make in your life.

Love your child, teach your child, counsel your child. Be honest with your kids about yourself and about the world at large. Be transparent & tell them the tough truths.

When they are little and they fall down? Smile & say "You're Ok!" and guess what....they won't start shrieking over every boo boo. They'll pop up and smile & say "I'm Ok!" Tell them the shots are going to hurt, and then tell them to thank the doctor for the shots. Buy your kids the best food you can afford. Help them NOT to make mistakes they can't recover from (that result from decisions they make when they aren't with you)......

There are so many things. Really happy for you. It will be an adventure :)

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats Murk! If it's a boy, you can name him Razor.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
And I couldn't be happier.

Test read 2-3 weeks pregnant.

I always thought I would be stressed and anxious (I get anxious the day before a business meeting) but I'm the most excited and happy I've ever been in my life.

I have only told my best friend who has 2 kids (my godchildren), I've spent so much time with them, they've given me so much joy and peace... I get to have that all for myself! I have no inclination to tell anyone else yet, except you faceless people who have put up with my ramblings for the past 7 years.

I just want to share it with you guys, yes still early days, good woman, good family, I'm stable. It feels like fate. I'd recently been dreaming about having a kid so I feel the Most High YHWH has blessed me.

Any advice from the fathers here?
Provide for your offspring the sort of environment James here

Enjoyed, rather than that which George got saddled with. Prioritize providing your child with the proficiencies necessary for him to survive and thrive on on his own

Last edited:

Zontyy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats, becoming a father is one of the most joyful and fulfilling moments in a mans life. It changed my life for the positive is so many ways. Interacting and playing with your child will be the best way to bond with them especially from the 0-12 years range.

My only advice to you and hope and pray the baby mom isn't crazy. If she is document everything because you are going to have a hell of time trying to get primary placement or full custody. I live in a liberal state and my sons mother has multiple drug and alcohol offenses and just recently a child neglect conviction and I still don't have full custody or even joint custody with primary placement. You do well to document any issues with the mother if you ever have to go down the road with court.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely rethink yourself on this.
I’ve decided to bring her in as HR manager/employee not a shareholder. Will give us both so much flexibility too (I already have a very chilled schedule).

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I’ve decided to bring her in as HR manager/employee not a shareholder
Nothing sexier than having an HR Manager for a baby mama/quite possibly wife. Except for perhaps undergoing open heart surgery, without receiving so much as a drop of anesthesia :eek: o_O