I'm 22 shes 16...too young to date? LONG

Moofahsa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what to think, the guys I know think I'm stupid but lemme give you a little background. I'm really letting her age hold me back from acting on it, but should it?

Shes almost 17, and I just turned 22.

I live in a rural retirement community, work in a job that caters to older people. I go to college at night, mostly with nurses and mothers and people that have day jobs. I won't lie there are a few prospects in my classes, but I drive 55 miles one way twice a week to do my 15 hour (or 3 hours per summer session 4 times a week) and I don't have time to have a g/f I would have to drive an hour to see. Problem with me is I am VERY picky with the women I choose, class, christian, conservative attitude...not many :D And honestly another thing is the fact I'm 6'9", and I've been by women that we have chemistry type but I am simply "too tall", I'm not ugly lol, not fat (weigh 235)

This girl is homeschooled, not immature or overly innocent and hangs out with our after work "crew" We range in age from 16-39.

I'm not out to get in her pants or anything like that, I would just like a companion to go places and have a good time with. Sex isn't all that important to me, I have only been with 2 women (both girlfriends) and it was only after dating for several months.

I don't know, my dad was 24 and my mom was 17...my grandfather was 21 and my grandmother was 15...but this is a different day and age.

I just can't seem to make up my mind with her, I know shes crazy about me but this age gap is just a hard obsticle.

randomusername

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, she's too young to date.

generally, i follow the rule of 1/2 your age + 7. i know rules are for suckas, but this one is suprisingly not too bad. and you're a 6'9" 22 year old dude dating a 16 year old? hell yeah she's too young. is she even legal in your state?

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moofahsa said:
...Shes almost 17, and I just turned 22.

...I'm not out to get in her pants or anything like that, I would just like a companion to go places and have a good time with. Sex isn't all that important to me, I have only been with 2 women (both girlfriends) and it was only after dating for several months...
1) Wait till she hits 18

2) you are fooling yourself, of course you want to get in her pants, otherwise one of your friends could be your "companion to go places and have a good time with".

abcd_z

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably not, but it's what you need to hear.

First, ask yourself what it is that you want from her that you couldn't get from your male friends. There may be something beyond a subconscious desire to get in her pants, but don't count on it.

If she came on to you one night, physically aroused and ready for action, saying that she wanted you in the worst possible way, would you honestly turn her down?

Unless you can say for an absolute fact that no, you only look at her like a sister and that you would never do that (in which case, why do you want her as a girlfriend?), you do have a subconscious desire to tap that ass. And if that's the case, steer clear. Steer very clear. You could possibly make it work and get away with it, but:

1) You can get other chicks that are more in your age range, and if not, that's what you need to be working on, and
2) Is it really worth risking being thrown in jail, losing a good chunk of your life, and being labelled a sex offender when you finally do get out?
Yes, there's a chance that wouldn't happen, but you don't even need to be taking stupid chances like that in the first place.

Sesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was dating a 17 yr old who turned 17 this year.. n i'm 23 turning 24 this year.
I'm seeing her n i get confused a lot.. n i seem to be doin all the work. But i do i like her.. but the Maturity is just not there.

We r just two different people.. we've had a few fights n disagreement.. n we've sorted it out.. but still the Maturity thing..
I have hurt her to get back @ her.. but i've sorted it. Things seem different now.. we r more carefull n sensitive towards to each other but when we fight.. it really gets me worked up n hurt each other..

So yeh just b Carefull

-SeS

Norisman

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you want .... class, christian, conservative in a 16 year old? For God's sake, you are a 7ft giant. Hang out with women, I rather have you prey on the old ladies you cater to than teens. The jury won't pity someone of your size. Talking about prison, people get ana'l rape in there FYI!

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing under 18..it ain't worth the risk..to **** do what you will but after 23 you shouldn't even look at a chic under 20 years,they're so stupid it's makes my head hurt..

younger chics are easy lays but thread carefully..

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh my god what the hell is happening on this forum? She's 16 going on 17....where are you going to take her? Chuckey Cheese?

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
Oh my god what the hell is happening on this forum? She's 16 going on 17....where are you going to take her? Chuckey Cheese?
haha, people these days :crazy:

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moofahsa said:
Damn this isn't what I wanted to hear :(
LOL of course you didnt want to hear this but i find it funny cuz u def wanna get in her pants :up:

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, stay away...even if you don't bang her, if she gets pissed about anything she can just go to the police and say you did and off to jail you go. Don't be stupid.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Shocker said:
Dude, stay away...even if you don't bang her, if she gets pissed about anything she can just go to the police and say you did and off to jail you go. Don't be stupid.
Very true also.

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
The Shocker said:
wouldnt she need evidence to have him go to jail?

i dont think the court would be stupid enough to place all their actions on the words of a stupid crying 16 year old

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(cough)JAILBAIT!(cough)

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you are 22, and please tell me you are mentally 22 also...cuz what in the world does a 16-year-old girl possibly have to offer you that other girls your age can't?

I think you're in this for the freak quotient man, there is no other good reason for going after some chick who just last week put her Barbie dolls away.