If you look like a nerd, you're screwed

chad2k5

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm just getting tired of all these people crying because they can't get "hot" chicks. As much as people on this site (and on the internet) say personality is what gets chicks, blah blah blah. Sure, maybe that's true when they're 40. But girls in the 18-28 range are mostly into looks. If you're not very attractive looking, don't reach for the stars. You can try, but don't expect to touch them. Now I've been blessed with very good looks, which is probably why I have a hot girlfriend. Even though I have a great personality, if my looks weren't as great as they are, I probably wouldn't have gotten her. Same goes for all my friends. Attractive looking woman (especially the young ones) are very picky when it comes to looks, much more than most people realize. Think about it this way. You know how people say "Hey, if you're way below average looking, your personality can make them feel attraction for you!" Bullcrap. Even if an ugly (or even below average looking girl) had a great personality, I just wouldn't be attracted to her, as crappy as it sounds. It works the same way for woman. Yes, sometimes an ugly guy can get a hot chick, but that happens once in a blue moon.

Javelin44

Don Juan
Reaction score
True, but about that ugly guy and hot girl thing at the end: girls can get desperate too. I broke up my girl and she got together with this guy that looked like an eskimo. No offense to anyone who is one :)

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Well maybe if you look like a nerd you're screwed. What you are overlooking is even if you're average or above average looking you still don't have a chance unless you convey personality or game or whatever you want to call it that's a separate entity from physical looks. Not everyone's lack of success is due to their looks.

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Javelin44
True, but about that ugly guy and hot girl thing at the end: girls can get desperate too. I broke up my girl and she got together with this guy that looked like an eskimo. No offense to anyone who is one :)
eskimos rok!:mad: :p

Yo chad. Read my DJ tips post on looks. Same stuff you're saying. Seriously, I'm tired of all you people going "omg i kno an ugly guy who has a hot chick."

Well guess what you dunno if that 'ugly guy' is with that 'hot chick' because they're just doing a one time thing, they're co-workers, the guy is rich, the girl is a stripper, the guy is hung like a horse, etc...etc. It's rare when people from two spectrums of ANYTHING come together. opposites only attract when talking about magnets....not people.

chad2k5

Banned
Reaction score
opposites only attract when talking about magnets....not people.
That's one of the best quotes I've read, and it's so true.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chad2k5
That's one of the best quotes I've read, and it's so true.
Not if youre Paula Abdul :D

However OP you are a pretty ****y fukk. I wanna see a pic of you and your woman.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not even looks themselves its really how you dress to accent the good features that you do have. good stylish clothes can easily make an average 6-7 guy look 8-9. i find it extremely funny when i hear guys complain about not getting hot chicks while dressing like a NYC subway bum.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why I have to keep posting this...

If you're a nerd or not that good looking you still have a legit shot at getting a smoking girl. Some girls are NOT as into looks as some of the hansome gentlemen on this site may think. For some girls personality IS a key factor. Other times the big dollar sign is what the girl is looking for so she'll sacrifice here superficial needs to satify her financial cravings.

Again I know becuase I use to work on a street that had uber hot girls walking along the street with far less then average guys ALL FREAKIN DAY. It use to baffle me (some times I still get shocked) but it still happens an is a 100% fact so GET OVER IT!

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is so true: looks rule on first impression, and that's what attracts people initially. I've seen this principle in action many times. The 'nerd' look is a definite negative. You can compensate somewhat for lessor looks with clothes and other things. But after that, it's your personal characteristics that matter. No guy or gal wants to continue with someone who is a mismatch no matter how good looking they are.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you look like a nerd, you're screwed
I'm tempted to say AMEN, but that wouldn't be quite right. Looks are NOT everything, but if you have them (facial structure, body, smell, clothes, so on), half the battle is already won.

Though that is not always the case. I know this 6.5-7 (general highschool standard) who is totally into nerds. She never dated a hot guy. But then again, she is prude as hell and generally not someone I would like to get with. The only reason the nerds date her is because they are desperate.

opposites only attract when talking about magnets....not people.
So true.

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love you guys. Good luck to everyone who reads this and takes it to heart - you guys can keep sleeping with HB6s - and the average guys who make themselves cool can bang the HB10s you all think you deserve.

WeakMenNeverRise

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he's both right and wrong. The kicker is that looking like a nerd and not being the most attractive guy in the world are two different things. Being a nerd takes away from your attractiveness while being average looking makes you just that, average and doesn't take anything away from you. It may not help but its not so much a negative thing. As far as looks go in general, look at the baddest chicks, how often do you see them with guys who are on their same attractiveness level. Doesn't happen very often. Looks help but their are plenty of good looking guys who get nowhere with women because their game is weak.

Underoath

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you dress up as a nerd in a cool way, people can view that as such a fashion as goth.

The important thing about looking like a nerd is the image it carries with it: Screech from Saved by the Bell, Erkel from Family Matters, etc.... you get the idea.

So what's the lesson? You need to be a cool guy. Because being a cool guy dressing like a nerd will look cool to other people. But being a nerdy guy dressing like a nerd will look incredibly lame to other people.

What's the difference between a cool guy and a nerd? A cool guy is socially intelligent while a nerd is not. Be the cool guy.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks, can help you get you in the door.

If you are not good looking and find a way in then you have a good chance as well.

It is true that looks will be helpful at every stage but not being good looking can be overcome pretty easily if you have charm.

someperson1987

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its kinda of cause and effect thing. Nerds have no game because their looks discourage them.

I used to be fat and dorky: therefore my game was terrible (the word bad doesn't even do).

When i started working out, I had some confidence and am better (took about 3 years to improve seriously....dont calll me slow).

Its simple: "nerdism" sucks away at confidence and hence they leave no charm. As a result no girls.

But an ugly guy with humor has no problem with chicks. One of my good friend is one. He's fat, short and unattractive but he can pull almost any girl he wants. I've only seen him fail once (of course he must have fail more than once lol i know that.)

See he didn't let his bad looks get in the way. Neither should you. :p

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chad2k5 you are full of ****..are you the guy with 10 screen names????

why dont u stop spreadinf bad advice..and anyone who agreed with him are just AFC follower fags..who cant form there own opinion and do what they want!

****ing losers!

this looks, nerd **** you talk about is bull, and you know..and for having such a great personality you are a arrogent mother fycker.

Its funny to me that all these guys come here and say they are a 8 or 9 or 10 in looks..and cant get laid.

this forum is going to ****.

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be a nerd, but now girls call me "hott". I am not screwed.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21

Not unless there are actually 9 other guys who drive around a blue 69' nova and blast metalli-crap all day

F*cking Poser.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21

why dont u stop spreadinf bad advice..and anyone who agreed with him are just AFC follower fags..who cant form there own opinion and do what they want!

****ing losers!

this looks, nerd **** you talk about is bull, and you know..and for having such a great personality you are a arrogent mother fycker.

Its funny to me that all these guys come here and say they are a 8 or 9 or 10 in looks..and cant get laid.

this forum is going to ****.
No more caffeine for you. Get back on that c0ck.

TheInfamousCBear

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maaaannnn, Im about to put the sword in the stone on this sh1t...Men and women look at different things when it comes to looks, men look at phyisical attributes, and women look at overall presentation...So if you are at least average looking, carry yourself well with good body language and all that stuff you can get in...All this talk about you cant get as unless you look like Brad Pitt is bullsh1t, cause even though alot of women might like him, that doesnt mean they dont like dudes who dont look like him...An average looking dude with good presentation can get ass, you need presentation...

- Improve your presentation and keep it good at all times...
- Stop putting good looking people on a pedistal, I dont care if its
a girl or Brad Pitt, get off his dikk already...