If you are good looking then you will get #. If not, then you wont

Reaction score
*This from a university student perspective*

This is the harsh reality of things. It doesnt matter if you have tons of game, if you are ugly, you wont get a #, or interest from a girl at club, or on a cold approach. End of story.

I actually asked a few girls today and they confirmed this.

You can try to come up with some intelligent bullsh*t to prove otherwise but dont even bother. Its pretty universal.

I will admit though that confidence does add SLIGHTLY to your attractiveness(posture and body language and such) but its not everything. I know damn right if Brad Pitt walked around without confidence or mediocre confidence, he would still get more ass than any of us even if he wasnt famous.

If you have a hideous face then I suggest you do not cold approach.

Andromax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He is starting his own paradigm of "go sob in the corner."

Slays the ass.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl finds you atleast average looking you can get the number.

Reaction score
Read last line of original post to see the point.

hit reply and post "point taken"...

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with your post. Sorry. You just need to improve your game more that's all. Just relax and don't sound too serious. Otherwise they will freak and say no.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
I tend to agree with the original poster. On a cold approach, 99 percent of it is your looks. Sure if you come up confident it'll increase your chances slightly, but don't fool yourself into thinking it'll overcome attractivness.

If you're an average looking guy, and you have great game, over time you'll be able to snag a good looking girl you have regular contact with, but on cold approaches, it just isn't happening.

Ride26

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mostly agree. The only other exception i can think of is if you are outrageously funny. :D

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by So Many Ways
What is the point of this post?
My guess would be that the original poster wants a justification for why he shouldn't have to force himself to approach a girl that he finds attractive.

My question to him, however, is what two girls are the same? You've heard the old adage, that "one man's trash is another's treasure"... This is applicable in the dating scene as well; what one woman thinks is "ugly" might be "hot" for another. That is, unless you're massively deformed... in which case I'm sure there are girls out there with fetishes for deformed guys. Seems to be one for everything else, so why not?

Jager_Boy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its true for the most part, not to sound ****y, but Im good looking and its not hard to do. I rarely see ugly guys that cold approach pick up girls. Example:

I was at the club, getting a drink next to these two girls, just kind of Bs'ing, nothing big, wasnt even looking to get digits. This dude that works with me walks up and tries talking to them, instantly they look at me and roll their eyes. It got so bad that they pretended to be lesbians. The kid didnt even say anything really wrong, hes just a douche and it wouldnt have worked no matter what he did.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is where..Chris thats me steps in..and ***** slaps you all for being morons...

ok im not going to do that..but I slightly agree but how many guys are that ugly? 10 percent?

2 percent?

whats the point of this post? really?

anyways....this is bogus..u dont have to be all that to do well in a cold approach!

go UGLY GUYS!

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it that I'm constantly seeing ugly guys walking about with these hot girls. We've all seen it, one of the ugliest/fattest guys at my school is walking around with a decent looking hb.

LADawg49

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to disagree. What women want is a man that has an attractive personality(warm-hearted, funny, etc) and a man that they feel inner attraction to. There are many women who are with handsome/rich men yet are cheating on them with men who dont have the money/looks because they never had the attraction to their partners which is why they strayed.
Here is an analogy, the Lakers won three championship rings and they had Shaq, Kobe and a bunch of role players. Shaq and Kobe were like the team, take them both away and the Lakers wouldve been worse than some college teams those years. The role players could be replaced with other role players but as long as the Lakers had Shaq and Kobe, they'd still be competing for an NBA title. What does this have to do with attracting women? There are three things what women look for: Personality(a.ka. Inner attraction), Looks, and Money. Without an attractive personality, no quality/good woman will be attracted to u. In other words you will be sucked deep in the friend zone even if you had the looks and money, just like the Lakers would be sucked deep in to last place if Shaq and Kobe weren't there.. You may be able to get by for a lil while if u look like a movie star/or are rich as hell but after a few months you will be flat out dumped.. Now if u had the personality but not the looks or money, youd still able to find some quality women who will be on your jock, because looks and money eventually fade. But an attractive personality will always be there. In other words, looks and money may help a little but if u depend on it to have a long lasting relationship, u are sh-t outta luck. In other words, the personality is like your go to guy, you need that the most to attract women.

stevey_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm sorry but this is a load of ****, most of my mates are ugly but are natural DJ's and have more fcuks than most good looking blokes i know, be proud of who you are regardless of how you look and if your game is right, girls will come

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think too many guys confuse physical looks with body language and presentation. In other words they see a guy who doesn't look so hot get shot down and assume it was because of his looks, when in reality the biggest issue was his lack of game and how his body language, voice tone, and words spoken made him seem weak, desperate, etc.

If you are really convinced looks matter so much, then you better damn sure take the time to work out and get good clothes and take the best care of what you have. Keep your teeth and skin in as good a shape as possible. Be impeccable in that sense. That can do wonders even for guys who are "ugly", by whatever measure that is made.

But if you sit around on your ass all day watching TV, getting fat, getting acne from not washing correctly, wearing fashion from 1992 and having yellow teeth, then you deserve to get what you get.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks (or lack of) is just an easy scape goat for lack of skills. People are less libel to argue with you about your looks since you are born with it and have no choice about what attributes you were born with. It's easier to blame looks than have people point out that skills suck and it's too hard for some guys to enhance their skills.

jean laurent

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Happiness Renewed

If you have a hideous face then I suggest you do not cold approach.

While I wouldn't suggest not approaching, it is true that "hideously" (very) ugly guys have a much harder time with "cold approaches".

The "cold approach" I have in mind, and which I think the author of the above post would agree with, is where you just introduce yourself out of the blue, shoot the breeze for a minute or two and then go for the digits. If you're "hideously" ugly, expect very high failure rates with this approach.

The "hideously" ugly guy needs more time display his other attractive qualities. (Of course, he needs to have developed those qualities first!) It would help greatly for him to be seen and observed by the target, acting in his "manly" way before the approach. And he needs to spend more time in conversation for his desirability to become apparent. Just "Hey girl! Wanna grab a coffee?", isn't going to yield too many positive responses for the "hideously" ugly guy.

Having said that, I have just such an "hideously" ugly friend, myself. He is confidence personified. I still notice girls roll their eyes at me (out of his view) when he tries the "cold approach", but, nevertheless, he gets pretty regular 6-7 *****, and has had a couple of 8 girlfriends that he got by approaching cold. He truly is one ugly bastard. Short, with comical features and no great body to speak of, but he has simply unbeatbale confidence. He approached this off-duty stripper once (a 9+, she was at a nightclub, and we recgonised her as a stripper from a club we go to), who he got into a lengthy (around 10 minutes) conversation with; although he was ultimately rejected, the approach was definitely cold and he wasn't told to "get lost, loser", so I consider it a hopeful story.

Remember, this is related to "hideously" ugly guys. Most guys are not this ugly. But some guys are. Everyone else, really, shouldn't be thinking twice about their looks.

For the hideously ugly guy, the college scene can be tough. No two ways about it. But that shouldn't be used as an excuse to procrastinate. Your college days will be over before you know it. And the older you get, the less and less looks matter. So if you keep practising and improving, in time you will get better, and your looks won't matter as much -- a happy coincidence.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not another looks vs game thread.... :rolleyes:

It's proven that both work as separate qualities - possessing one and none of the other - to an extent. But having both guarantees maximum success.