I want to feel it again!!

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the low down: I've been dating this girl for 15 1/2 months. I am 21 years old and she is 19. We both took each others virginity about a year ago. This girl is pretty rare with the cluttered mess of women these days: She doesn't go out and party unless I invite her to one, very kind and caring, not a drama queen, low maintenance, and always puts me first. Whenever I have a bad day shes on a mission to make me feel better. Shes very cute too. Very high quality LTR material. Shes madly in love with me still just crazy about me. There is only one problem. I just don't feel anything anymore. I've been telling myself that this is the girl I want to be with for the rest of my life but I can't feel anything. I don't want to date other girls I would like her so why don't I have all those feelings? THis is causing me a lot of stress and is on my mind all the time.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would really appreciate advice from guys who have had a lot of experience with LTRs

D_Master

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no "expert" but I've hard that there are chemicals in your body that stop being emitted after 12-18 months when you've been with someone which causes your "feelings" to change. You're young so I would advise you to maybe step away from it for awhile and see how you feel. If you don't begin to miss her, then I would say move along.

Moofahsa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When your young you don't know what you "really" expect out of life, and you just kinda grow in different directions.

Be nice, stay friends with her if you want, but get you another woman.

LivA

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know my advice doesn't count, but I'll give it anyway, SO THERE!!

So, yeah, get another girl, suuure, get that "old time feeling back", but first, you have to actually find one that has the same qualities of the one you have now. THHHHEN, you have to go through all the BS of getting used to each other, like passing gas in front of each other, getting a booger out that is stuck super high, yada yada.

It doesn't sound like that's an option for you. So, you could think of all the bvll**** you would have to go through to find a new one, or you could try going out on a "blind date", get some sex toys, get her to wear a wig and do crazy sex, cook together, have a bath together, on and on.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask yourself this, are you afraid of being single? If so, then you might have other issues than what you stated in your post. You'd be surprised at how many people get into a relationship just fine, they go strong for a while, and when the relationship needs to die, they stay in it because they want to avoid the self-placed feeling of loneliness. My friend has GREAT looks, hes charming, and when I finally convinced him to leave his sh1tty relationship that had lasted too long, after a couple of weeks he starts dating the girl again. Why? He's afraid of being single, just doesn't want to admit it.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This one is mainly up to you. You have been with this girl over 15 months now. She seems like every thing you want but, the fire is burning out. After being with someone for a long time it's hard not seeing them anymore or enjoying their company...

YOU need to decide whether stay with her or not. If you want to keep seeing her. Then, you need to communicate with your girl and tell her whats up. Or do something to spice things back up again.

paulwis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, I know this question is kind of off topic, but how did you meet her? I would sure like to find a girl like that... parties and clubs are obviously not the place.

ematsuda

Don Juan
Reaction score
I LOVE LOBSTER!!!!!!

I used to have a relationship with an HB9.5 that lasted on and off (mostly off) for over 6 years. She had all the qualities of a "good girl" that everyone would want to marry. Kind, giving and treated me like a king. Physically, she looked perfect - nice boobs, long legs, nice round ass and a very pretty face. I dumped her and took her back time and time again. Why? What made her a 9.5 as opposed to a 10? Answer: SHE WAS FVCKIN' BORING. She was never a challenge but most of all I got tired of fvcking the same chick over and over. However, I kept breaking up with her taking her back because she was super arm candy. One dude I don't know but obviously knew her came up to me and said "Dude, you're fvckin' gay for dumping her".

Well, you see, I LOVE LOBSTER but I don't want to eat it EVERY FVCKIN' DAY!!!

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005 said:
There is only one problem. I just don't feel anything anymore. I've been telling myself that this is the girl I want to be with for the rest of my life but I can't feel anything.
How do you know she doesn't feel the exact same way you do? She could be faking it the whole time she is with you. Lets just hope she hasn't done anything about it because if she has let another guy inside her while she was with you, that would suck.

------------------------------------------

Bond: "That looks like a woman's gun."
Largo: "Do you know a lot about guns, Mr Bond?"
Bond: "No, but I know a little about women."

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
I'd advise you to stay with her. If you split up, she's the one who'll get another bf within 5 mins and you'll be the one put back into the competitive distorted market chasing tail again, which isn't fun unless you enjoy being enslaved by women.

MM

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
How do you know she doesn't feel the exact same way you do? She could be faking it the whole time she is with you. Lets just hope she hasn't done anything about it because if she has let another guy inside her while she was with you, that would suck.

------------------------------------------
QUOTE]

She sent me a text today that said this: "Hi sweetie i just have to tell you something you are my dream come true i could never live without you i'll love you always and forever"

I don't think she is faking it

ematsuda

Don Juan
Reaction score
She sent me a text today that said this: "Hi sweetie i just have to tell you something you are my dream come true i could never live without you i'll love you always and forever"

I don't think she is faking it
She's too gosh darn happy to be there - yuk! This type of behavior turns people off - guy or gal - that's why you ain't feeling it bud. She's not a challenge whatsoever. Act like this to a chick you're dating and see what happens to you.

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try some crazy stuff (sexual or not) with her, see if that flame gets re-kindled. If not, then just go get other women, but be sure to begin to retreat a bit from her if shes really swallowed whole by you.

I tried that with an LTR of mine way back when (we tried some.. different things in bed) and it rekindled it. Didn't work out in the end, but we parted friends and shes become a pivot in my current exploits.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bud_2005 said:
Here's the low down: I've been dating this girl for 15 1/2 months. I am 21 years old and she is 19. We both took each others virginity about a year ago. This girl is pretty rare with the cluttered mess of women these days: She doesn't go out and party unless I invite her to one, very kind and caring, not a drama queen, low maintenance, and always puts me first. Whenever I have a bad day shes on a mission to make me feel better. Shes very cute too. Very high quality LTR material. Shes madly in love with me still just crazy about me. There is only one problem. I just don't feel anything anymore. I've been telling myself that this is the girl I want to be with for the rest of my life but I can't feel anything. I don't want to date other girls I would like her so why don't I have all those feelings? THis is causing me a lot of stress and is on my mind all the time.
Im experienced in LTR, LDR and the single "game" all of which i was very successful with and my true honest advice to you is that your feelings for your girlfriend are deminishing over time. You cannot force yourself to "feel it" althought i dont deny you care for her alot still but you dont have the same feelings you had when you first started dating. A big problem i see here is that your only 21, im not that far ahead of you in age but i believe these are your years to experience other woman and oh yes, there will be cuter, hotter and sexier girls lurking in your eyes. My advice is just see what happens, dont "force" yourself to feel anything ages 20 - 28 are suppossed to be the craziest years with woman so dont fight it.

sav

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i suggest you date around...

no point if feelings arent there, i find that when my feelings are gone from loving to just being used to a person, even the sex becomes... well... boring....

the problem ur having my friend is that you are afraid of losing her and arent sure you'll find somebody better... but if you stay with her, you'll always have that lingering in the back of your head "what if".... which is worse.. the answer to your question is the path you MUST take..

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
welcome to that phase called commitment

are you ready?

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do people feel when they've been dating 5 or 10+ years? I've been told love isn't a feeling.

I think I almost figured it out today. Over about the past 3 months I've been worrying about this type of stuff. I thought of telling her we should just be friends. This is where it gets confusing. You see I don't really enjoy my time with her because I'm always have anxiety about not feeling it. But when the pressure wasn't there I felt like I did love her and and I wanted to hang out with her. But then she would be like wtf you just said you wanted to be friends and NOW you tell me you love me so much and she might think I'm playing with her heart. She's my best friend. Like I want to be with her as a boyfriend but keep it at a friends distance. Like we don't talk everyday but we hang out and really enjoy each others company. I think I would fall for her again. Its nice she tells me "love you" all the time and I used to tell her all the time too but now I kind of get uneasy when she says it all the time. I REALLY don't want to break this girl's heart she is soo kind and I don't want to ruin her future relationships if we are not together by thinking all guys are jerks and stuff like that. THIS IS SO CONFUSING.