I think I handled this stupid.. I'll explain

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, this ex of mine is a special case. She's an old ex, my first "real" girlfriend from long ago. Long story short we broke up as I needed some time to live out my life and grow up a little bit. When I did grow up she lead me on to believe that we were getting back together, but screwed me over and left for another guy that she'd found comfort in while I was gone.

I was left heartbroken, angry, and unsure of what to do with myself. I hadn't been ever rejected quite like that. I didn't understand because this girl was obsessed with me and the time span I had "left" her was fairly short.

Now she's asking me to do this favor for her. It's really small to be honest. She wants me to go to these dance lessons for a ball that she might also want me to go to with her. I told her I didn't know if I could do that because this girl Mary I'm sorta with wouldn't like that idea. I told her that I didn't want to get ****ed over again doing a favor for someone who seriously doesn't deserve anything from me. She has stated that she wants me to go really bad because her boyfriend can't go and she needs somebody. This didn't sit well with me and I told her I wouldn't be second choice. She tried to explain that I was the one that she wanted to go with all along. Which is true to a point.. she did always ask me to go with her (this was planned out along time ago), but now I doubt that is true and feel slightly used.

We ended up really getting into talking about what happened. I confessed about how she'd screwed me over. I don't really mind if I came off as an AFC or wussy. She needed to know how badly she screwed me over and I could careless of what she thinks. I know that there is no way that her and I could be together again. I feel stupid for telling her those things, but it really doesn't matter like I said. Anyway, I told her that if she can give me a heartfelt apology and make me believe that she means it that I will promise to go with her to the dance lessons. The dance itself is a whole new story.

I'm just confused about how to play this whole thing off. This is the only girl I've ever had a soft spot for as she was really my first everything so long ago. A special bond exists that I haven't found since. I know I should just tell her no and next her. I can easily do that.. but what I'm really worried about is why haven't things come to a complete end with her as far as my feelings go? I still feel strongly about these issues and I don't understand why. The normal advice would be to next her, date other girls, and move on. Well I've done that. I've increased my game ten fold, improved myself drastically where I am nearing complete comfort and confidence in myself.. I'm truly a new man and improved. I AM the catch now and I totally believe that with all my heart. I'm getting some great girls as well. I'm happy with what I have. I just don't understand why I still feel depressed when I think about this girl? wtf?

sinned

Don Juan
Reaction score
cuz she is ur first?
maybe love does exist?
I say
F.uck her. She had her chance now its time u give ur stuff to some one more deserving.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man, I don't know.. I have nexted her but I still find myself thinking about her. Even when I'm with other girls. It's not good at all.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Its really simple why you cant get past her, its because "you are not being a man and taking responsibility for your own actions". It is your fault not her, you broke up with her. Break up means that you are now free to date other people. It doesnt matter if its a month or a hour. Until you take responsibility for your own actions you will not be able to move on, and i dont just mean here I mean in life. A Man takes whatever he has coming for any choices he makes.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, I knew somebody was going to spew that man **** on me. I made no mistakes. I needed time away from her to grow as a person and I would do it over again if I had to. I'm not complaining about the fact that she didn't wait up for me.. I didn't expect her to.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
You are complaining. You told her she screw you over. No she didnt she only did something to make her life happy just like you did what you needed to make yourself happy. Stop blaming her for not sitting on the side and crying until you came back. You made your bed now sleep in it.

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what you did by breaking off what you had to better yourself was the manly thing to do. You will probably always remember things about her since you shared a lot of time and made memories together. You cant escape that its your past. You also realize that anyways. Did you break it off with her expecting her to wait around though? I've had a couple of ex's pull that bullsh1t "If you love something let it go and if it comes back it was meant to be" on me. Well people aint pigeons, so she moved on and made herself happy. If that is how you say she screwed you over than why?

Well your happy now and getting good girls. You dont want her back anyways. If you think you can go with her and have fun just do it. If you think some kind of old feelings will resurface then dont bother. You say you dont want her back but are you absolutely sure? It seems that you want closure still. Royal elite has a point that you might have made your bed and you should now sleep in it. Maybe you owe her the apology. I dont think anyone here can really answer as we dont know the whole situation.

baracus

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's your true inner AFC self coming out. You can't change who you are, chump.