I think HEIGHT is extremely important in getting girls.

Piper

Reaction score
Hi, I signed up here today, and have not yet read the DJ Bible. This thread caught my eye, since I'm 5'6" and look young for my age. I'm 23. I've been told I should lift weights, and that it would result in people treating me with more deference and it would make it easier with women. I heard a suggestion that I should load the bar with a lot of weight and only do few reps at a time. What are your opinions on that type of workout for short guys...yay or nay?

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Piper
Hi, I signed up here today, and have not yet read the DJ Bible. This thread caught my eye, since I'm 5'6" and look young for my age. I'm 23. I've been told I should lift weights, and that it would result in people treating me with more deference and it would make it easier with women. I heard a suggestion that I should load the bar with a lot of weight and only do few reps at a time. What are your opinions on that type of workout for short guys...yay or nay?
post your question in the health and fitness section of this forum, you'll get a better response

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly think that white guys have it easier. Women go for variety in white guys, so a lack of height may not matter, it can only help your game. Now for black guys, you NEED to be tall (at least 6'1'') and have some type of muscle if you expect to do well picking up. With black guys, women don't look at the face. I'm a 5'10'', 150 lb. babyfaced black guy. I've been told that I'm cute but that does not help at the clubs because of my size. Now if you are a tall, moderately attractive white guy, you can pretty much have your pick.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Juan_Man
I honestly think that white guys have it easier. Women go for variety in white guys, so a lack of height may not matter, it can only help your game. Now for black guys, you NEED to be tall (at least 6'1'') and have some type of muscle if you expect to do well picking up. With black guys, women don't look at the face. I'm a 5'10'', 150 lb. babyfaced black guy. I've been told that I'm cute but that does not help at the clubs because of my size. Now if you are a tall, moderately attractive white guy, you can pretty much have your pick.
True from what I've seen.

There is A LOT of built tall black guys. Nice genetics to say the least. :)

static

Don Juan
Reaction score
Black people don't need to be at least 6'1 and have muscle to pick up but they should have a strong frame , most of them have this. From my experience, the most important aspect of their gam e is fitting into the white scene (which is predominate). This is done through personality. Some are fortunate enough to have a natural look that draws positive attention.

Have you tried dressing "hard" and projecting personality? This should work if you're really 5'10. 150 lb is a little bit low, you should get that up to at least 160.

Originally posted by Juan_Man

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If by dressing "hard"you mean wearing Rocawear/Fubu clothes and a headband, that's not really my style. I'm the type of black guy that likes to wear Polo shirts and Calvin Klein jeans when he goes out. In terms of putting on weight, I'm not sure if that's a good idea because I don't want to lose my cuteness factor. Looking at my high school senior photo and my college senior pictures (I was around 160), there's about a 30 pound difference and the after results aren't so pretty. I'm not sure if it's worth the sacrifice.

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true when you are going after white females in a predominately white enviroment. Just know that with black females however or in a black club... we can have our pick too.

From my experience, the most important aspect of their gam e is fitting into the white scene (which is predominate). This is done through personality. Some are fortunate enough to have a natural look that draws positive attention.

Have you tried dressing "hard" and projecting personality? This should work if you're really 5'10. 150 lb is a little bit low, you should get that up to at least 160.
What do you mean by fitting into the white scene? I know for myself I have white friends that I get along with fine and hang out with just like my black friends. The area i grew up in was mostly white so i think im fine in this aspect. What do you mean when you say dressing hard? You mean the "thug" "ghetto" or "urban" look?

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FreeStyleZ
This is true when you are going after white females in a predominately white enviroment. Just know that with black females however or in a black club... we can have our pick too.
Not true. Black females are even harsher critics than white girls. They want "a body like Arnold WITH a Denzel face." There's a reason why you see not-so-attractive black guys dancing with white girls more often than with black girls.

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spirometric
Well i'm 5'3 and feel like crap since no girl wants a guy at such a height and everyone is either taller or wants a taller guy
Wow, someone shorter than me! I'm 163cm, (that's a bit over 5'4), the shortest guy in my grade (I'm a Senior, almost finished). I'm half Asian (Filipino) and was born 3 months premature, is why. What's your nationality?

But do you know the average height of a girl here in Australia, and I'd assume it's the same in America, is 5'4. That means, aprrox 50% of girls are below our height.

Now personally, I wouldn't date a girl taller than me, I'm just not attracted to a girl taller than me (like most guys). But that doesn't matter, I still got half the female population to choose from, and so do you Spirometric! Not everyone, especially girls are taller than you.

Sure it is harder for guys like us, but that doesn't mean its impossible. As many people have said, you can make up for your shortness in other ways.

Gunwitch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Height is only judged by the men around you.

Basically if all men shrunk 5 inches overnight and NO one knew it womens attraction to men would not go down.

I mean if people realized it happened in any way, DUH of course itd be a giant phenomena.

Thing is, if every man gained 30 lbs overnight and no one realized it women would be BIOLOGICALLY turned off.

Height can only be measured by others height, hence is social, not biologically based. MEANING it will matter more in clubs/college/social circles than regular cold approaching daytime in malls and department stores.

Surely being 6 foot is better than being 5'5'' but it is a slight edge, not a be all end all of attraction by any means.

bfl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol and i was always wondering why when i go clubbin or to the mall etc... fine females always keep eyeinng me... well im 6'2" or 6'3" one of them 2 and im a dark blak male, i guess that answers it but they also tell me that i got very beautiful eyes so that can be it too, but then i wear some big ass earrings so that can be it too, but then im also a very good dresser so i guess that can be it too, ok well i guess i got it going on...:D

juanstepatatime

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gunwitch
Thing is, if every man gained 30 lbs overnight and no one realized it women would be BIOLOGICALLY turned off.
I'm curious to know why you say that being overweight by 30lbs is a biological factor. 30lbs on an average frame is not going to be make a guy obese or anything.

Originally posted by DonJuanQuixote
This is a load of ****. Im 5'8 and never have had any problems, even with girls my own height.
Now, there's short and there's short. 5'8" is not short. 5'5" is getting to be short, and I'm most certainly short at under 5'3". Someone once compared guys being short to girls being fat. Maybe the first 5 - 10 extra lbs don't matter so much, but when a girl packs on an extra 50 it makes an enormous difference in her attractiveness.