I just got into a MAJOR fight with my girlfriend. Should I apologize?

jt the azn

Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds like an argument with a whole bunch of knowledge issues surrounding it...
Language issues
Perception issues
Reason issues
Emotion issues

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pick your battles bro.

Looks like you hit a nerve, hard.

And remember, women have the luxury of not needing to make sense in an argument.

Mr Autobahn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is NOT an argument that should have gone that far...

Maybe you have underlying issues that you didn't tell us but I have to go with many of the posters that you didn't handle the argument with tact and maturity.

Let us know what you are planning to do...

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why are you with such a feminazi b1tch? they make less.. SO WHAT.. prostate cancer is a huge mens problem but all you hear about is breast cancer.. those wh0res got it much better than us.. they get coddled while we are expected to be gentleman and not argue.... is there ANY benefit to being a gentleman? thats like that fag who got beat up by a bunch of girls on the subway in NYC cause he wouldnt fight back since he had to be a gentleman.. BE A MAN not a gentleman.. gentleman= sissified american male

Neubie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't Wyldfire make a post about this a while ago, the whole "women get paid less" argument?

If i recall correctly, that 'statistic' was an average was it not? and with women only being in the work force this past century and taking into consideration maternity leave and such, wouldn't the "average" wages of males be higher than females?

it's illegal to pay women less than men if they had the same qualifications.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has any one considered that maybe men create and execute better than women? Stone tools, fire, hunting, doggy style....

There was a book published recently, can't recall the author, but the title was something along the line: The Business Alpha male secrets revealed...etc. (heard on KGO Radio, check them out for the book)

It came down to a few fundamental points, most important in my opinion:

From 9-5 its allllllll about the money. Your family, friends, problems, thoughts are irrelevant. The only real concern is if the business is making money. I don't care what little Johnny did in little league, or what your spouse is doing behind your back. It comes down to money, plain and simple. Men are able to grasp this concept very quickly, and I work in a female dominated field. The biggest earners? Men no question.

I don't see women understanding this.

Cretin

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you make up with her and have make up sex....just make sure you blow a wad in her eye for good measure! ;)
:rockon:

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to sound too female, but you started it. It doesn't matter who said what afterwards, because anything else was just her way of trying to refute your chauvinist point of view. She felt like you attacked her, and so she retaliated, it's that simple. I say, if you want to stay in this relationship, apologize. But it sounds to me like neither one of you are very good at "arguing civilly" so I don't know how long you can keep it up.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't read much beyond the first post, but I think the worst thing you both did was turn the attack on each other, rather than discussing the points at hand rationally.

It's actually a very good example of how not to carry on a debate about an issue.

Both of you outght to apologize for making it personal.