i got a compliment at the gym, big motivator

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Word.

Just curious for some of you guys who've gotten compliments...How much focus do you put on cardio?

I do 30 minutes of intervals(2minutes fast walk, 1 minute run) seven days a week. Just wondering if it'd be worth ramping that to 45 minutes or sticking with 30.

I also lift 4 days a week. How many times a week do you guys work the "beach muscles"?(biceps, shoulders, pecs)

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even know or really care anymore what they compliment. I am working the lower V right now cause I guess that is the "in" thing, but I've always worked everything, especially legs

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:
Word.

Just curious for some of you guys who've gotten compliments...How much focus do you put on cardio?

I do 30 minutes of intervals(2minutes fast walk, 1 minute run) seven days a week. Just wondering if it'd be worth ramping that to 45 minutes or sticking with 30.

I also lift 4 days a week. How many times a week do you guys work the "beach muscles"?(biceps, shoulders, pecs)

40-50 min of treadmill walking in the morning. 2.7-3.2 mph at 6-8% incline.

Don't worry about beach muscles. Get giant legs and a strong back and the beach muscles will be huge.

--

i had a friend at work the other day walk up to me and touch his finger to my traps. He wasn't sure if it was muscle and he thought he was going to push a puff in my shirt down but when he pushed hardness he was like "whoa." :)

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahah mrRuckus, thats funny, your friend wanted to make fun of you but it backfired. haha.

dipset

Banned
Reaction score
a lot of chicks who rejected to me are now on my **** when they are drunk after i lifted and got big and lost a lot of weight. jealous fag guys make all sorts comments about why or how i got big, **** them they just jealous. I do it for myself and recommend you all do too! :D

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
funny how that is dipset dont u think

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had girls on dates ask "Why do you workout so much?" and been on same dates where when I wasn't drinking as much as them they got insecure about it. "How come you dont drink more beer with me?" - "Because I dont want a beer gut and water retention." Needless to say they usually feel pretty fat when I say that so I have been trying to be more tactful lately :) We'll see how it goes.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like my women sober...

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
I've had girls on dates ask "Why do you workout so much?" and been on same dates where when I wasn't drinking as much as them they got insecure about it. "How come you dont drink more beer with me?" - "Because I dont want a beer gut and water retention." Needless to say they usually feel pretty fat when I say that so I have been trying to be more tactful lately :) We'll see how it goes.

lol a better way to put that "i'm just not a heavy drinker...i can party sober babe"

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen Skilla_Staz you don't need to drink to have a damn good time :woo:. I used to do some drinking but it never really caught on to me, I do take a occasional beer in the summer time but other then that pretty sober.

Short Thread Jack.

-I will begin using Mark Rippetoe's program starting Tuesday. I said I was going to start Sunday but that day am just going to go in and check my limits at the weights so I know them and don't waste time when I start lifting. Will be making a journal Monday or Tuesday. Hope to hear from all of you there.

Thread Jack done heh.

-Best compliments so far are how cute I am or my green eyes... hope to change that after I start lifting. (Not doing the lifting for girls but more like time for a change in my life)

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not bad, keep up the good stuff you guys. I've been doing German Volume Training for the last four weeks, and it's been good to me. I'm up about 8 pounds in the past month, of which I will estimate that 5-6 pounds of that is muscle (all I know is I haven't had to get larger-waist jeans). I'm 219 now, at 6'1. I've been getting comments from guys that I'm getting buff and asking me what I do to get that way, and women don't directly compliment the muscles, but they compliment my shirts, and my shirts are athletic cut to be more form-fitting, we all know what they really mean.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
girl goes.. 'hey dude. you're pretty ripped. (pause) are you on steroids?"

:crackup:

FYI I'm 60kgs at 168cm, benchin 65, pulling 75, squat 110, deads 70.

and for the record. no :)

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
are you all in highschool or something what kiddies girl would grap your muscles for no reason?.
i dont do weights only pushups and i lift boxes with rocks in them. i meade them into weights. and i bet i got better arms than some of you boys.

for me the comliment i got was a women about 40ish staring at my arms and chest for 4minutes glancing and looking away. maybe she wanted a mental picture she could use when she had sex with her boyfriend lol. mind you i was only 2 weeks into training then. when i was one week into training these teenage girls were all commenting on how broad my shoulders were.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exp said:
skeeloo why don't you lift weights? Lifting boxes with rocks in them just sounds silly. Do you go out and search for rocks and then carry them home? Where do you keep them?
the house im currently staying at is a house with the back was full of bricks and other stuff being used to build a garden house but they never finished it. so i couldnt afford the weights.

i pilled six burnt bricks each on top of each other. one for one arm and the other for another arm and i tied them up in a bag to give them an easy grip. basically i lift them one after the other. they made my shoulders so broad in two weeks i couldnt believe it. i combine them with push-ups. im kinda preparing my self for the gym.

last year i went to a gym. i was the skinniest guy there so i felt kinda shy. now i can walk into any gym with confidence. the turth is i might eventually not even sign up for a gym. i mean i know 2 guys who got so big doing push-ups everyday other day twice a day 800 sets morning and evening for 8months. and you'd think theyv gone to the gym but they never have seen the inside a gym before.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exp, you've gained 20lbs in 3 months?

What does your diet/routine look like, and how much sleep are you getting.