How useful is it having a great body?

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kawai said:
It's an absolute game changer. I'm 5'10" and weigh in at 200lbs @ 13% bodyfat (this fluctuates). I've been working out seriously now for about 10 years and I can say that it opens doors and causes women to approach. When I weighed 180 or less I had to work a lot more.

That said, it won't hold'em. You still have to have a decent personality. If you have the car, the house, the clothes, the personality, and all the shiney things...it's almost a sure thing as it plays to their fantasy.

You will get labled a player, but that also creates the challenge of her being the girl that will be able to hold you down. This is not an exaggeration, I stopped counting after 400 women (this is good...and not good). At age 34 I slowed my roll and started only dating for relationships...I still got labled a player and had a hard time maintaining trust even though I wasn't spinning additional plates.

Anyway, most of the girls I dated always commented later that physique was the clincher.

Keep in mind that it's a lifestyle. Like I said, I found what works for me, and then I stuck with that formula (plain Creatine Monohydrate, Muscle Milk, and a daily vit.). Stay away from fried foods (unless olive oil), and don't over do the carbs. You're metabolism will speed up, you'll burn more calories just sitting around than someone who runs all the time, and since you're constantly replacing cells in your body, you'll maintain a youthful appearance far longer. I'm 38 and always get estimated at 29 to 33 max.

There's a lot of science behind it, but most important is consistency. If anyone has questions about working out, I'll be more than happy to send you everything I know. Consequently I'm good at getting laid, but horrible at maintaining a quality relationship, so don't bother asking me about that.

Laters
Nice Post and i agree.

Young Stallion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a great body definitely helps as long as you have a good face.

Remember it goes...Face...Body....Personality.

You have to pass each test to get to the next.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks matter, but don't get all shredded and have no social skills. Look good but improve yourself in other ways as well.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will say that over the past 4 years or so I went from a scrawny 160 to a ripped 205 (I'm 5'11).

And I really haven't noticed a difference. I'm certainly not getting opened by chicks, or complimented by anyone other than family. It's pretty damn frustrating, since I'm working so hard in the gym.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
JCballin88 said:
I will say that over the past 4 years or so I went from a scrawny 160 to a ripped 205 (I'm 5'11).

And I really haven't noticed a difference. I'm certainly not getting opened by chicks, or complimented by anyone other than family. It's pretty damn frustrating, since I'm working so hard in the gym.
It's a delayed reaction, keep up the great work. If you can stay in shape it only gets easier. Plus, maybe try eating a whole foods diet and ideally growing some of your own vegetables (chicks LOVE a garden) for optimal health.

juicywa

Don Juan
Reaction score
JCballin88 said:

Could be your demeanor... meaning maybe you don't look approachable. Maybe you still have that "loser" look from back when you were skinnier.

Having "style" alone would get compliments, ripped or not. So maybe you lack on that department also.

I'm not ripped but I get many compliments on my style (not my physique).

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO in order to have sex you don't need any magical laundry list to get the girl. You need to be sexual more than anything. A good body is one weay (and a great way) of being sexual.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my honest opinion, face is more important than body.

You can have the body of Terrell Owens, but if your face looks like your mom took shrooms and acid when she was pregnant with you and then the doctor dropped you on the ground, you'll still have no chance.

I have seen this before. Guys with very below average faces but were ripped would not have any success with girls, yet guys who were kind of lean but with either a mysterious strong masculine face/confident "adorable hunk" face would instantly attract girls.

The face and facial expressions and your gaze/stare starts it all off.

So:

Face: 40%
Body 15%
Game: 20%
Status (Money, Fame): 25%

SqueezieToy

Reaction score
Focusing on yourself, on YOUR interests, and becoming a capable person who can DO things is really the key for attracting others. If you're just doing something for the sole purpose of attracting someone it's not going to work. Find the things that YOU want to do for YOUR life. Then learn those things, become capable at those things, enjoy those things! Others will be attracted to your confidence, they'll want to share your enjoyment of those things, and be a part of your life ...because you HAVE one!

OC Speedball

Don Juan
Reaction score
corrector said:
After reading this thread, I should have no regrets of hiring a PT at the gym, keeping strict with my diet and going full thottle ahead. I am excited at this "new world" that can happen after a body change, better posture, health and losing the gut.
Happy for you, man. Remember, the more you go to the gym the more you will want to go to the gym. After the first couple weeks it's all downhill.

With that being said, girls do NOT like huge, shredded guys. (Just take a visit over to the bodybuilding.com forums and see how many threads there are with the OP crying about how he got more girls when he was skinny). Most people in this thread have already said this, but I just want to clarify: Girls usually go for the skinnier guys rather than the bigger guys. Someone around 180 lbs. and cut would get a lot more attention than someone who is 220 lbs. Think Brad Pitt in "Snatch" or "Fight Club;" That would be the ideal male physique.

Working out and becoming a "sick kunt" has MAJOR benefits besides just the way you look. Being cut is great, although it's not imperative in the game. But what it will do for you is increase testosterone, give you massive confidence, and give you energy. Remember Zyzz guys? Yeah, it can potentially give you that kind of energy, which is a great thing to have when picking up chicks. If you can develop something similar to Zyzz's personality and energy then you will go farrrrrr with girls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnu2Z0nrdxE

It all depends on the girl though. There will always be those outliers that love guys like Ronnie or Jay Cutler, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, skinny emo guys with no muscle. And as a couple of people have said, for an LTR it really doesn't matter. Most guys are flabby or skinnyfat and still get girlfriends. At the end of the day a mixture of face and game is more important.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigSmooth said:
In my honest opinion, face is more important than body.
The feedback I got on my face was that I do not look sure of myself on some of the photos I put online.

BigSmooth said:
The face and facial expressions and your gaze/stare starts it all off.
I am not very cogniscant of this. Again, all interesting to know -- if I have a hypothetically ripped body that I'm proud to take of my T-shirt and have an "unsure of myself" facial look with the same type of "off-putting" smile then how far can a good body over-compensate for these things?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OC Speedball said:
Happy for you, man. Remember, the more you go to the gym the more you will want to go to the gym. After the first couple weeks it's all downhill.

With that being said, girls do NOT like huge, shredded guys. (Just take a visit over to the bodybuilding.com forums and see how many threads there are with the OP crying about how he got more girls when he was skinny). Most people in this thread have already said this, but I just want to clarify: Girls usually go for the skinnier guys rather than the bigger guys. Someone around 180 lbs. and cut would get a lot more attention than someone who is 220 lbs. Think Brad Pitt in "Snatch" or "Fight Club;" That would be the ideal male physique.
Okay, well I have the opposite problem. I started at 250 lbs +. So I'm not going from skinny to gaining muscle weight.

I have also seen most success stories posted on here were from skinny guys who gained muscles. It was like night and day. I've searched all the threads...including Pooks thread and they all said the same thing. Their results were outstanding when they had put on muscle and were not skinny anymore.

Speedball said:
Working out and becoming a "sick kunt" has MAJOR benefits besides just the way you look. Being cut is great, although it's not imperative in the game. But what it will do for you is increase testosterone, give you massive confidence, and give you energy. Remember Zyzz guys? Yeah, it can potentially give you that kind of energy, which is a great thing to have when picking up chicks.
Feel free to provide feedback on my thread on the muscles section if you have any tips about that.

Speedball said:
It all depends on the girl though. There will always be those outliers that love guys like Ronnie or Jay Cutler, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, skinny emo guys with no muscle. And as a couple of people have said, for an LTR it really doesn't matter. Most guys are flabby or skinnyfat and still get girlfriends. At the end of the day a mixture of face and game is more important.
Of course. But I'm sure there's a massive ego-boost to have women checking you out or seeing you as a sexy person.

Most guys may be flabby or skinnyfat but did they choose the girl, or did the girl choose them? Did they have a pick of the litter, or were they just lucky to get that one to save their life? Is that girl respecting him? Who has the upper-hand in the relationship? Think these are all issues that could come out of LTRs, and obviously, the partner who can replace the other partner the easiest has the upper hand.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
corrector said:
The feedback I got on my face was that I do not look sure of myself on some of the photos I put online.
Exactly, and I bet those women probably got turned off quite a bit. Like I said, the face and your expressions and how you use your gazes are very important, which is why I would rate it 40%.

If you have a good looking face, and know how to exert natural, unforced attractive facial expressions during interaction with a woman, and know how to give her that "look", it trumps a great body any day.

And it works just the opposite. If you are talking to a woman, and your facial expressions show that you are uncomfortable with the interaction, and your eyes are darting every which way, it's a huge turn-off.

I am not very cogniscant of this. Again, all interesting to know -- if I have a hypothetically ripped body that I'm proud to take of my T-shirt and have an "unsure of myself" facial look with the same type of "off-putting" smile then how far can a good body over-compensate for these things?
Not very far in my opinion, but there will always be girls that take exception to this rule and they'll say, "even though you look kind of shy, I really LOVE your arms." Stuff like that.

However, I've been to my fair share of pool parties where muscular men and skinner men are in the same place with attractive women, and there has never been a situation where women all flock to the more muscular men, leaving the skinnier men in the dust.

I would rank the face, facial expressions, how you project yourself, the way you talk, the way you carry yourself, hell...even your hair, more important than a great physique.

Now, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from working out. I'm an athlete myself so I am in the gym frequently, but I'm just telling it like I see it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigSmooth said:
Not very far in my opinion, but there will always be girls that take exception to this rule and they'll say, "even though you look kind of shy, I really LOVE your arms." Stuff like that.
But doesn't a great body, which comes from working out, also means you have leaner jaws or less fat on your face. Indirectly, your testosterone and energy levels are higher meaning there is less fatigue and better "in the moment" facial presence and more confidence derived from the body.

In other words, is it realistically possible to seperate the face in isolation to the body. It's hard to believe you have a well defined body and then you have a face that totally cancels the effect of it.

BigSmooth said:
Now, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from working out. I'm an athlete myself so I am in the gym frequently, but I'm just telling it like I see it.
If your face is a liability and you are working out to improve your body to get more looks from girls, and are paying money for a PT then it may be a good excuse to forget about working out all together. It's easier to write-off everything, say "I'm a hopeless case" and then quit everything if you find that smoking gun that says there really is no hope.

In that sence, with this idea, either I have to work on my face before I improve my body, or write-off my face and quit the gym and not waste my time or money on my body since it would be a fantasy. So, I'd say that this sounds discouraging if it is true.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
corrector said:
But doesn't a great body, which comes from working out, also means you have leaner jaws or less fat on your face.
Sometimes, yes. You're never going to see a muscular guy with a fat face because that doesn't make sense, but just because your face is lean and isn't fat does not mean it is attractive.

In other words, is it realistically possible to seperate the face in isolation to the body. It's hard to believe you have a well defined body and then you have a face that totally cancels the effect of it.
I say it is. When you are working out, you're improving your physique mainly from the neck down. Doing military dumbbell presses aren't necessarily going to make your face any more attractive to women.

There even have been guys here in the past that posted about their situation. One was a pretty tall lanky guy at 6'3, and said he would always get compliments from girls about his adorable face. He said he would have no trouble talking or interacting with girls. Then he started working out and put on over 20 lbs. of muscle, a good amount for a lanky dude.

Then he said that not even a good amount of girls even noticed the difference and/or complimented him on his new physique. They said they paid more attention to his face and his height.

Next time when you go to the gym, take a look around. Not every muscular guy there has what would be considered a generally attractive face. Sure they might be swole. I don't think there's a direct correlation between the attractiveness of a face and the physique of one's body.

If your face is a liability and you are working out to improve your body to get more looks from girls, and are paying money for a PT then it may be a good excuse to forget about working out all together. It's easier to write-off everything, say "I'm a hopeless case" and then quit everything if you find that smoking gun that says there really is no hope.

In that sence, with this idea, either I have to work on my face before I improve my body, or write-off my face and quit the gym and not waste my time or money on my body since it would be a fantasy. So, I'd say that this sounds discouraging if it is true.
Like I said, I'm not trying to discourage people whose faces might not be the most attractive, but I am telling it how it is. You have to work with what you have. If you ask any girl, I will promise you that most would rather take a guy with a sexy face and an average body over a guy with an average face and a sexy body.

Does that mean that everyone who isn't an 8+ should just kill themselves? No, of course not.

Work with what you have. If your face isn't the best, consider getting a new hairstyle, one that compliments your face better. You wouldn't believe how big a difference the right hairstyle makes.

Work on your smile. Make sure your teeth are white and straight. A white, clean smile is very attractive.

Consider trimming that facial hair you think is rad, but is actually just gross and makes you look like a loser.

And yes, continue working out.

To me, attraction starts with the face, and a nice body builds and escalates that attraction. Why would a lot of girls choose Robert Pattinson over Taylor Lautner? Yes...I'm using a Twilight reference, but it's a huge controversy. Supposedly, girls love Pattinson's face a lot more while some think Lautner's face looks like a caveman. Pattinson is also taller than Lautner which is a plus. However, Lautner is a lot more muscular, but most women still pick Pattinson over Lautner even with his muscular body.

For example, a girl walks into a bar. She sits down, she scans the crowd. She then notices a guy with a mysterious gleam in his eye with an attractive stubble. He then catches her eye, and smiles. She thinks to herself, wow he's got a great smile. He then walks up to her, and she thinks wow he's tall. And then later on if they start dancing and he's actually contacting her physically, then she starts being attracted to his muscular physique.

Women I've talked to have told me and complained about how skinny their boyfriends are. But yet, they still stay with them. Why? Because they are still attracted to them.

Never has a woman said "oh my boyfriend is ugly" and still stayed with him.

SO TO THE OP: Yes, a nice body is better than an average body. But one thing to keep in mind is that it's not a life saver. It's great to have a nice body, but only if it's attached to something that can attract a woman physically (face) and mentally and emotionally (your personality/"game"). If you know how to carry yourself, and are confident and sociable and attractable even if you aren't that buff, you will be fine.

juicywa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look fags, workout because:

1. It will boost your self confidence (with or without getting girls)
2. You will resemble to what a MAN should be (our cavemen ancestors)
3. It's the only thing you can change (w/o surgery)
4. It's healthy and you will live longer

BAM! in a few years you automatically have a great body.

Focusing on yourself, on YOUR interests, and becoming a capable person who can DO things is really the key for attracting others. If you're just doing something for the sole purpose of attracting someone it's not going to work. Find the things that YOU want to do for YOUR life. Then learn those things, become capable at those things, enjoy those things! Others will be attracted to your confidence, they'll want to share your enjoyment of those things, and be a part of your life ...because you HAVE one!
Oh look, one of those guys... so if my interests are playing video games/computers and stay locked in my basement getting fat and pasty white smelly fag, sometime in the future (for no apparent reason) I will be drowning in hot pussay. Because you know.. I'm just so passionate about what I'm doing.

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kawai said:
It's an absolute game changer. I'm 5'10" and weigh in at 200lbs @ 13% bodyfat (this fluctuates). I've been working out seriously now for about 10 years and I can say that it opens doors and causes women to approach. When I weighed 180 or less I had to work a lot more.
200 lbs seems a bit much for your height. Was your body fat higher when you were 180 cause 180 is a good weight for 5'10".

Young Stallion

Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread makes me want to give up hope completely. I work out an insane amount and am 5'7 and 155 lbs of muscle.

However as I have stated many times before my life has been littered with brutal rejection stories....my face is to blame and its horrid asymmetry.

No matter what I do, no matter how much I work out or grow as a human being, I will never come accross as anything but strange to women.

JdelaSilviera

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it can´t hurt.... But I´m also sure women prefer a good face... The same happens with women, usually the girls who have supper hot bodies don´t have great faces, and many of them are super ugly... and we still prefer a girl with a worse body but better face.

With that said, I used to think that having a great body would solve most of men´s problems in dating.. far from truth. Most of my girl friends don´t go for super ripped guys... even the hot ones.

The funny thing is that many of the hotties I know, don´t even go for good looking guys. Many chose, bad boy type, weirdo artist, social guy.

While you apply CF and stuff like that, and try to calibrate all your social behaviour in a social setting, there are guys who are just natural, who are more comfortable around people than you alone in your room. In theory pua advice really works, but most of the time you just didn´t apply things correctly, and while you think you acted cool/ alpha... most people saw you as a retarded... Go out as much as you can, until you are a very social person.... your interactions with women will skyrocket.

And yes you can be super ugly, and score lots of chicks... But for that you need a wide social circle /social proof... it´s guaranteed. Of course if you are ugly, have no friends, and you are awkward socially, prepare to cry and say that game is worthless, that is all " looks, fame and money", like some retards that write the same thing in every participation they do on ss......

This could be a good place of exchange, but it isn´t anymore... You should really forget that you have problem´s with women... and just start going out as much as you can.. This thing not only makes you have a really negative view, of the world in general (stated by guys with very few world experience), but it will make you feel weird in a social setting... because this forum will come up to your mind...