How to get the guy to call instead of email

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJGirl

Reaction score
Ok, so I contacted someone I had a short romance with. There info was on Classmates. We have been emailing and IMing for over a week. My rule is I don't ask the guy out.......anything I can say or do to get him to ask me out?

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My rule is I don't ask the guy out
I always wanted to know this thing about girls. So why won't you ask a guy out, but wait for him to ask u out first?

Is it that society has always encouraged this, through movies and what not, that it's the guy's job to do that? Is it that u're playing hard to get? Or maybe it's a test, to see if he really likes u..

I wanna know!

fillme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flyinshark
I always wanted to know this thing about girls. So why won't you ask a guy out, but wait for him to ask u out first?

Is it that society has always encouraged this, through movies and what not, that it's the guy's job to do that? Is it that u're playing hard to get? Or maybe it's a test, to see if he really likes u..

I wanna know!
It is the fact that the girl wants the guy to take control of the situation.

NJGirl

Reaction score
Yep, I am one of those girls who likes when the guy makes the first move. But technically I made the first move by contacting him. So, now it's his turn to either let it go, or make something happen.

fillme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NJGirl
Ok, so I contacted someone I had a short romance with. There info was on Classmates. We have been emailing and IMing for over a week. My rule is I don't ask the guy out.......anything I can say or do to get him to ask me out?
You can show interest that you are interested in him. But don't go beyond that. If he really likes you and have the balls then he will ask you out. If he doesn't, then maybe he doesn't like you or lacks the balls. In either case, he is not worthy of your time.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to actually "ask him out". Although us guys may seem dense at times, just hint at it, he'll get the point eventually. Even if it's like "so are you going to that concert this weekened?" If he just says "yeah, how about you" you can say something like "I want to, but I don't know anyone else who's going" or something like that.

earthshyne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NJGirl
My rule is I don't ask the guy out.......anything I can say or do to get him to ask me out?
Obviously your rule isn't working, so if it's not working then there's not much point in carrying on with it, is there?

If you're interested, quit playing games. Ask him out.

NJGirl

Reaction score
[Obviously your rule isn't working, so if it's not working then there's not much point in carrying on with it, is there?

If you're interested, quit playing games. Ask him out]

Sorry- my rule has worked with most men, so I won't change it for this one.

earthshyne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best description of insanity is to do the same thing repeatedly and expect a different result.

Obviously, this fellow is not like all the others that you've played games with, which is possibly why they're no longer with you.

But, if you insist on these little mind games, then you're destined to be stuck with a man who falls for them. And what kind of fellow is that?

So, you've dug yourself a hole: If you keep to your own rule out of pride, you'll be missing on all the men of quality who have no time for wimmen who play games.

Hey, it's your choice, obviously. Which is more important to you? Your prideful rule, or the potential for a true soulmate?

NJGirl

Reaction score
WHOA! No need to go into some deep-psychological analysis of my life there. I do what I think works for me. I am not playing mind games - it amazes me that you jump to that conclusion becuase I have a rule. Like I said, I made the first move, I contacted him. The ball as they say is in his court.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
simple, but works ...hey (name), we should go (insert activity here) sometime, give me a ring.

or just ...hey(name), we should go (insert activity here) sometime.

i've had girls do this to me all the time. well did it work in my case? no. I've already lost interest in them.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps he's not interested?

I'm assuming you've dropped all the hint's that your are interested.

If that is the case, there is nothing more you can do - since you will not get off your high horse and put yourself at risk.

zolo

Don Juan
Reaction score
My experience is this, most women are afraid to put themselves on the line and ask a guy out.

It is the same reason a guy wont ask out a girl that he likes.

Sounds to me NJgirl is afraid of getting rejected, so she plays off this fear as a rule, and puts the ball in his court.

My advice to you NJgirl, is this: You started the ball rolling, you finish it.

Let me give you a hypothetical situation. Say some guy initiated contact with you, Is it now your responsibility to ask him out? Because by your logic, he put the ball in your court.

Women want their equal rights, give them their equal lefts too.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by zolo
Let me give you a hypothetical situation. Say some guy initiated contact with you, Is it now your responsibility to ask him out? Because by your logic, he put the ball in your court.

Women want their equal rights, give them their equal lefts too.

Amazing! So, NJGirl, would u ask that hypothetical guy out?

zolo

Don Juan
Reaction score
That is the typical response of women when they hear the truth

"You sound like an angry man"

NJGirl, the truth hurts, sorry if I hurt you

zolo

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I don't know you personally, but you are a girl, and all girls are basically the same, and I know girls.

Let me ask you, do you wear heels?

Status
Not open for further replies.