How to dress yourself nicely!!!

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I was mostly talking about the japenese cosplayers (form of japenese role-playing by wearing character costumes).

I mean jeans and a casual button-up or t-shirt should be enough.
The only thing I think it's worth it to spend money on is a good jacket mabye leather or blazier.

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
I guarantee you couldn't tell the difference between Target brand and designer jeans if there wasn't a little white label that said EXPENSIVE on the side.
Yeah, I find myself mistaking Target Wranglers for Designer jeans all the time! LOL

Actually, a lot of designer jeans that are extremely expensive, other people can't tell the difference from other cheaper designer lines at first, but you will know, and since I dress for myself, that's all that matters.. Making myself happy..

fuzzx said:
If you can pick up women wearing your favorite hobby(Nascar, D&D, Warcraft) t-shirt THAT is when you truly have game... otherwise as far as I'm concerned your still riding the confidence bike with your training wheels on.
Don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing about my confidence being linked to how I dress.

I wear sport clothing at times, because I actually use it... I like to jog and eat healthy! I've jogged to the store and being all sweaty, I still managed to get a girls number.. Actually, she got mine since I didn't have pockets in my shorts to put my phone in there.. She did end up calling my phone, and we went out several times.

I dress to reflect my lifestyle... On job interviews, I try to dress semi-formal.. Going out with friends, Casual.. working out.. gym clothing.. I dress according to..

Personally, I don't have any interest in Dungeons and Dragons, Warcraft, or any of that... So I wouldn't even know about having shirts of those games.

fuzzx said:
Infact most of you guys wear that Metro Sexual crap which came straight out of gay culture. I'd rather wear weird **** that I like than ambiguously sexual wear just to fit in.
Women dress to be sexually appealing to men, so why can't men dress to be sexually appealing to women? I see nothing gay with that. The metrosexual label was a marketing technique... I don't believe in stupid labels such as that... You are what you are..

Something I've noticed that's all too common in America is the wearing of big white undershirts under a regular shirt, or polo. It kind of ruins the look... Nothing wrong with leaving a few buttons undone without an undershirt underneath... Unless of course you've got a hideous hairy chest, but even that can be taken care of!

fuzzx said:
I certainly wasn't being MYSELF and that really sucked because I liked a lot of the aspects of who I was before I became a 'DJ' and I never had to trick women into liking me before. Being all about attracting women gets pretty boring after awhile.
Being a DJ isn't about tricking women to like you...

Attracting women isn't the reason I try to dress nice whenever I go out. It's just part of who I am! I like a neat room that's appealing TO ME, and I like to dress in a way that I believe makes me look my best! I do this because it makes me feel better knowing I'm doing the best for myself, and I don't do it because of the women.

Although it doesn't hurt that women tend to recognize a guy that takes pride in his appearance.

fuzzx said:
I realized that becoming a DJ wasn't about changing yourself for a woman at all..it was about creating comfort by BEING (COMFORTABLE) WITH WHO YOU ARE and who you WERE, your hobbies and what YOU think is cool.
EXACTLY!!

fuzzx said:
If he is wearing designer clothes for the sake of looking 'DJ' and someone makes a comment, he'll have nothing to say but "yeah I bought it for $280" and come across as someone who is looking for confidence through acceptance by the pseudo rich and their admirers. Besides the types of chix who respect designer wear are poison for your bankaccount anyway.
Again, I do not wear designer clothing for that reason. What do you have against designer clothing? It's nicely tailored, of higher quality, and looks good! Does it hurt that it's also a recognized label? What kind of idiot answers with the price he paid for his jeans?

I receive compliments on what I wear regularly. Just yesterday some girl at college told me she really liked my shoes, and asked me where I got them because she wants to get the same ones for her boyfriend.

I agree with you though.. Be yourself, and dress to reflect who you are.. Fashion is your way to express yourself! If you enjoy dressing like crap, and think it looks good, then do it if it makes you happy... Seriously, just do what you want.. I personally like to look my best.. lol

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with leaving a few buttons undone without an undershirt underneath... Unless of course you've got a hideous hairy chest, but even that can be taken care of!

Chest hair is bad? My last gf did not like it all. When I was a kid, everyone wanted chest hair, because it was supposed to be manly or something. But now that I have it, I'm supposed to shave it off?

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Nothing wrong with leaving a few buttons undone without an undershirt underneath... Unless of course you've got a hideous hairy chest, but even that can be taken care of!

Chest hair is bad? My last gf did not like it all. When I was a kid, everyone wanted chest hair, because it was supposed to be manly or something. But now that I have it, I'm supposed to shave it off?
I'm not a hairy guy, so I really never had to worry about chest hair or any of that...

Some people can pull off the look well! It all depends dude... Some people are so hairy that hair shoots out the top of their undershirts.. It looks disgusting in my opinion. If your chest hair looks decent, then why remove it? Feature it! Like James Bond... lol If it doesn't look good, then just wax it off if you like.

From what I hear from most women, they don't find hairy chests appealing, and frankly, if I had a hairy chest, I'd wax it.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not the clothes that define who you are;

it's the actions you take and the choices you make that define who you are.

Wear whatever you want as long as you don't do it to impress others.

If you fake confidence you will attract other fakers who will stop you from progressing as a DJ.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i want to wear nice clothes because they make me feel good..i especially love wearing suits...
i dont dress for others...but i would also like to be in fashion too...you can carry yourself great but if you dress like a bum nobody is going to give you a second look....

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
i want to wear nice clothes because they make me feel good..i especially love wearing suits...
i dont dress for others...but i would also like to be in fashion too...you can carry yourself great but if you dress like a bum nobody is going to give you a second look....
Well said! :)

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i decided to copy the outfits i see on tv...everytime i see an outfit that looks cool..ill go out and try to match the exact same thing..:rockon:

i saw Ari from entourage wear a light blue dress shirt with a V-neck dark blue sweater on the outside with medium stone washed blue jeans and tan boots on an episode the other day...

now i have on almost the exact same thing with black shoes...i feel like im dressed well today and felt really confident...i felt that instantly after looking in the mirror and walking around...its feels good!

Bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Want to look good in clothes? (no homo btw)

-workout and exercise. Your clothes will fit better and you will look more masculine.

-Good posture. Displays confidence and you feel better standing tall

For god's sake please:

- Don't "pop your collar" on a polo shirt or wear multiple polo shirts, or any floral girly colors.

-no pink!!! ever....

-white socks are corny.(wear them only to workout)

-not clothes, but no faux hawks or greasy Staten Island/Jersey/Queens Italian spikey hair.

-No expensive ass "stunna" shades

-no stupid slogans on your shirt

Don't look gay, in other words

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro said:

-workout and exercise. Your clothes will fit better and you will look more masculine.

I AGREE!!!

For god's sake please:

- Don't "pop your collar" on a polo shirt or wear multiple polo shirts, or any floral girly colors.
As long as you wear it confidently I don't see a problem with it. I personally would never pop my colar, but I don't feel confident in doing it. It's not who I am. Floral girly colors is also something you have to feel confident in wearing. If you can pull it off, I say go for it. As long as you're comfortable and confident it's not a big deal.

-no pink!!! ever....
Disagree.... I have a black suit with pink pin stripes and I wear a pink shirt, matching tie, and cufflinks. Hasn't been a time that I go out where I don't get compliments with that suit. Nothing homo about it.

Depends on the outfit. Not sure about you, but if I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, I'm not gonna be wearing black dress socks.

-not clothes, but no faux hawks or greasy Staten Island/Jersey/Queens Italian spikey hair.
Not even sure what the hell this is.

Disagree.. all depends on if you can pull it off or not. Had a friend visit me from japan and he wore those 3 nights in a row. each night girls would come and compliment him on how nice they thought he looked. a few people also said he looked like jay-z. personally i think it's retarded to wear shades to a club, but it's all about preference and if you can be confident in what you're wearing.

DISAGREE!!! You must be out of your mind. Depending on where I am, I will definately wear a shirt with a slogan or witty phrase. Girls are constantly reading my shirts and will smile at the sayings. It's an instant opener. A new friend of mine wore a shirt that said "Life of the Party" and I definately remember girls commenting on how much they liked it.

What's gay to one man, is metro-sexual to another man, is straight to another man. It all depends on preference and what you feel comfortable and confident in wearing.

Ben MacDui

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro said:

For god's sake please:

-no pink!!! ever....

Good advice.

Regarding popping your collar, this used to be Eric Cantona's signature style, and people loved him for it.

g g g unit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I went shopping with a girl and a homo once....worst day of my life.

Just see pics of well dressed celebs eg will smith. then go buy cheapo versions of thier clothes.

Roosevelt

Banned
Reaction score
Really agree that women will judge your clothing is good or not.
Because all were try to wear nice clothes to attract the women only.

whiterock

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have a great topic and people have there own suggestions on the right dressing..
So I think now many people have a great awareness about the right dressing..and its a very good think..because good dressing make our good impression on other people..

whiterock

Don Juan
Reaction score
whiterock said:
Have a great topic and people have their own suggestions on the right dressing..
So I think now many people have a greater awareness about the right dressing.. and it's a very good thing..because good dressing make our good impression on other people..
Any comment..?

Ntep floor scale

Lexy

Reaction score
seanchai said:
First of all, fvck women dressing you. Women - even the best dressed ones - almost NEVER know how to dress a man. Just like women don't know how to pick themselves up, right? A woman can look at a well-dressed man and know that she likes it, but she can't replicate it. Find the best dressed MAN at the clothing store and have him dress you.

I dress men for a living, by the way.

Wise words.

Changing your fashion sense can work wonders for you game, believe me, I know.

Imo well dressed dudes are pretty far a few in-between. When I see something I like I'll take note for when developing my own style.

But for a standard casual look, I run black skinny cut jeans, v-neck tee in whatever color suits me making sure the sleeves aren't too baggy and relatively short. Or a thin flannel shirt rolled up at the sleeves on colder days. Ill either wear a pair of vans or desert boots, also some wayfarers. This seems to suit my target audience, early to mid-20s girls.

wiiliamcooper52

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you are facing real dressing sense problem but do not worry you should go with your female friend and she will really help you a lot.

bluejay83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
anyone have any suggestions on how to learn how to dress right?

I got my FWB to take me out clothes shopping.
I declined some of her suggestions though.

the biggest tip she gave me:
CONTRAST

if you're wearing light coloured pants, wear a dark shirt & Vica-versa.

also,
I workout & train alot, so wear slim fitting clothes to help show my shape off.