How is my AFC friend getting all the chicks??

lizardfloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, my fraternity brother gets a lot of girls, even girls that know that he's in a relationship. Im not one to say that a guy is good looking, but i know his looks wouldnt scare off a girl.

Right now and ever since ive known him he's been a total AFC!!! The girl that he is with now is a HB9.5 in my opinion. And he worships her like crazy, puts her on a pedastal and all. He honestly every free minute that he has with her. I had been waiting for her to dump him, since doing everything that he does is supposed to cause a girl to dump a guy.

He writes songs for her and sings them, buys her things, takes her to expensive restaurants, and bought her a promise ring only after dating and knowing her for one month. They eventually did break up and i could not stop laughing my ass off cuz me and another brother of mine predicted what was gonna happen.

But now they are back together some how. And now he's doing the same things all over again. How the hell did he get her back and how the hell did she stay with him for so long while he was being the super AFC that he was and is?

I mean i love the guy to death, he's my brother. I'm not jealous of him. i do suck with girls, real bad. But how are they staying with him for so long?

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A broken clock is right twice a day.

Besides, it sounds like being your brother's girlfriend is a pretty good deal. Lots of free food and jewlery. Not terribly difficult to attract women that way, but pretty damn expensive.

Skullcrusher

Don Juan
Reaction score
A person that uses charm whether natural or material will always be tops for a girl no matter how you think he is AFC.

To tell you the truth, who wouldn't want a person to wine and dine for us? If you had a friend that you hang out everytime he would buy you drinks, buy you dinner, and even pay for your lap dances. 4 outta 5 chances, you'd worship him like a God.

But the truth lies in... as long as he keeps putting out, once he stops the dream is over.

Skullcrusher

Don Juan
Reaction score
A person that uses charm whether natural or material will always be tops for a girl no matter how you think he is AFC.

To tell you the truth, who wouldn't want a person to wine and dine for us? If you had a friend that you hang out everytime he would buy you drinks, buy you dinner, and even pay for your lap dances. 4 outta 5 chances, you'd worship him like a God.

But the truth lies in... as long as he keeps putting out, once he stops the dream is over. Only then will the truth be shown.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, a girls looks don't mean ****e.

Just as there are genuine quality girls rated at about a 6 or 5 even, there are quality girls that are 9.5s'. This also means there is a flip side - i'm sure any bloke here can get a 9.5 that happens to be thick as a plank.

Whats the personality of this girl like? If you can tell me she is a dead set awesome catch with great, quirky, sharp personality and awesome LTR potential, then i'll gladly sacrifice my left testicle.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are exceptions to every rule, just like everything else in life; djing included!

CharmaLeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
It does not matter how he did it. What matters is that he got off his ass and did it.

Mortukai

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have another theory. Perhaps this friend of your has a fecking huge wang, and/or is a total champ in bed. In my experience, both personal and through knowledge of other people, great sex will keep a girl better than anything else in the world. This would also explain why all those other girls are attracted to him, because his girlfriend would have told them how much of a stud he is in bed. His AFCness would count for approximately d!ck in such a situation.

duttylove

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like this hor is a clever one indeed. Instead of giving it up for free she is making him pay for it. I know hors like this, there boyfriends fighting for affection buying their hors flowers and gifts. Little do they know that their hor is riding some one elses jock while there out buying thoes gifts! The hor will stay with the bf for a certain amount of time because she enjoys the comfort and the manny gifts she recieves. Watch how long this hor stays with your brother.

Then again there are acceptions and your brother might have found a keeper.

arq-dj1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by duttylove
Sounds like this hor is a clever one indeed. Instead of giving it up for free she is making him pay for it. I know hors like this, there boyfriends fighting for affection buying their hors flowers and gifts. Little do they know that their hor is riding some one elses jock while there out buying thoes gifts! The hor will stay with the bf for a certain amount of time because she enjoys the comfort and the manny gifts she recieves. Watch how long this hor stays with your brother.

Then again there are acceptions and your brother might have found a keeper.
a keeper?

girls who accept AFC behaviour aren't a keeper... because AFC behaviour fades away with time... it's not something that can be kept for a very longe time, buying gifts, vomitic emotions etc... there is no balance, it's doomed to end

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well if i hear stoires like that then this place is a waste of time.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Being romantic, attentive and showing lots of attention isn't really what loses a girl...IF the guy does it because he genuinely wants to be like that. Being dumped happens when a guy becomes too clingy and needy and too dependent on the girl to "make him happy". If your friend finds his happiness within himself and isn't a cling-on who is totally dependent on this girl and doesn't look to her to "make him happy" then being romantic and "spoiling" her isn't really likely to lead her to dump him. If she is a gold digger type then if he stops spoiling her then she will dump him.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me see....he buys them gifts, takes them out to expensive restaurants.......hmmm I wonder why a woman could possibly be attracted to this?

Are you for real?

You people who are jealous of these AFCs drive me nuts. Stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself. You're not going to get any better complaining about how well others do. If you want to be like him, start buying your women and see how fast they come.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CharmaLeo
It does not matter how he did it. What matters is that he got off his ass and did it.
Yep, you can THINK about how he did it all you like.

Get off your ass, do it yourself, if a chump can take action and succeed surely you can too. ACT.

He may also have a big wanger too as suggested.:crackup:

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Why is she with him??? Good question.
He looks good, is nice, takes her out, buys flowers, is willing to spend all his time with her.

Some girls love this, some expect this, and some want the nice material things without all the clingyness.

This tactic works, and we all know it, but DJing is more about what makes you happy as a man. Do you want to do all of the above, just to be in a relationship, or do you want more time to yourself and more money left over from spending it on your women.

Personally, Im conflicted. I feel the need for a LTR, but enjoy the pick up game and meeting new women

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys are dreaming if you think you wont spend money on a woman you want an ltr with, you most spend some money weather you like to or not or else she will leave your ass. keep lying to your selves.

Etienne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean i love the guy to death, he's my brother. I'm not jealous of him. i do suck with girls, real bad. But how are they staying with him for so long?
Well, the fact that you laughed when he broke up seems to prove otherwise. I certainly don't laugh when some of my friends break up, why whould this bring any joy to me, if I love them?

Maybe you might want to ask him for advice instead of waiting and expecting him to break up at any moment. That would be the most constructive way of behaving.

Good Luck.

Étienne

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that Wyldfire is right on this one. If the guy is doing these things because he wants to, then it's ok. If he does nice things out of approval, then he's in trouble. There's a difference. Find out which category your friend belongs under.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think guy is an AFC.

He speaks with actions and not words.

An AFC is someone who sulks over a girl who isn't interested in him. He is also someone who wonders why other guys get all the girls.

As a DJ you should only go for girls who are interested in you.
You must also keep in mind that it is all about interest level. If there is good IL then there is nothing wrong with buying flowers for her or taking her out to a nice place.

Why would a ladies man not not do these things? they all sound normal to me.

The problem with this guy is that he has nothing else to fall back on and therefore can't keep the girl. A DJ doesn't have to worry about such things because he can just move on to the next girl on his list.