how do you make people talk about themselves a lot?

Marcus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know you should ask them questions but what if they dont even attempt to answer the questions with depth ...How do you make som1 else talk a lot or they start conversations???

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marcus
I know you should ask them questions but what if they dont even attempt to answer the questions with depth ...How do you make som1 else talk a lot or they start conversations???
Details, details, details. Most people make the mistake of just asking a lot of varied question.
The key is too make people paint you a picutue. Ask for as many details as you can so you can actually see what they are talking about. I do this all the time. I usually say "take me there". I will ask about colers, the people names in the the stories, how you met them, and the number one question for women so "how did you feel about such and such".

Be a "detail hog"

Marcus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive tried that trust me this girl just dosnt talk that much ...the thing that makes me question myself id because she is a very very very inteligent girl way above average, and she is rude ....But whenever we talk i find myself dong a lot of the talking because she is always so quite , what do you think?, thanks for the reply

TDOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you are boring her (easy to do with intelligent people) try saying or asking something unexpected try:

What is the average color of your urine?

I know..... don't ask.....

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
interested........

Hey,

Ask her about things that she is interested in.

ie:

Her........family, hobbies, school, types of movies she likes, ect.

cave dweller

tankwarth

Reaction score
Ask the right questions. Start formal but don't ask to much about job, hobbies family or pets. Avoid themes like politics or religion. Ask and let her talk about good vibes and feelings, funnny or special experiences. If you ask the right questions, she will talk a lot. Believe me.

- most impressive journey
- most beautiful day in life
- biggest challenge
- what to do if you have only one day left

Try to create emotions. Listen & sympathise. Go for trust and confidence.

But it's a matter of fact, that there are loads of boring human beeings. If you really try to ask good questions, to have a good conversation and she does't really respond... finish the date!

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drop a hot tidbit about yourself to get the conversation going.Women use mystery too,these all female tricks men are using.

Marcus

Don Juan
Reaction score
im not the worst person at conversating ...I must admit to some i'm boring...in my class they see me as a funy person but with her i guess shes get bored......but she is also boring..because she never talks or othing well ive tried talking bout what she likes bit i guess it dont work :(

any other ideas guys?

somtimes i just cant be bothered tryin yo talk to her so i just talk away about myself

Marcus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tankwarth
Ask the right questions. Start formal but don't ask to much about job, hobbies family or pets. Avoid themes like politics or religion. Ask and let her talk about good vibes and feelings, funnny or special experiences. If you ask the right questions, she will talk a lot. Believe me.

- most impressive journey
- most beautiful day in life
- biggest challenge
- what to do if you have only one day left

Try to create emotions. Listen & sympathise. Go for trust and confidence.

But it's a matter of fact, that there are loads of boring human beeings. If you really try to ask good questions, to have a good conversation and she does't really respond... finish the date!

its not really a date , shes my girlfriend. i love her...but she can be so had somtimes..and quite..but i think around her fmaily she is loud...iso i dont know

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes short answers may signalize a lack of interest or tiredness. If so, backoff:

me: <question>
her: <short answer>
me: wow, the last time I saw someone as excited as you, they were in a coma!
her: heh, yeah I'm just not in the mood.
me: ok I understand. I will see you later

Next week.

her: hey! how's it going? Sorry about last week, I had uh..family issues.
me: oh hey. Yeah I could tell something was wrong but I'm glad everything is ok now.
her: thanks.
me: <questions>
her: <enthusiastic answers + her own questions about me>

Other things play into what you experience. It turns out the girl might be moving away since her mom got a new job offer, but apparently her mom turned it down so it was all good.

Marcus

Don Juan
Reaction score
its not really a date , shes my girlfriend. i love her...but she can be so had somtimes..and quite..but i think around her fmaily she is loud...iso i dont know

so i should back off?

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so i should back off?
Yes. If she's always like that, then it could be something long term. Otherwise, if you're just dying to know, ask her straight up.

Some people just don't like talking about themselves. Accept that. She's your gf. That doesn't mean she trusts you enough to let everything out. That gives people control and not everyone is ready to readily give that up.

Marcus

Don Juan
Reaction score
i tried asking her , she says nothing s wrong ...im so confused..because its not that dosnt even like me because she is always talking about marrige but..it dont make sence why she is like that...and if im quite she keeps asking me to talk to her and if i dont she gets so angry so im ust lost somtimes , i love the girl...but somtimes is asif she dont like me because she donst talk or she aint even that much of a feminem person

do any of your guys know what im talking bout?

tankwarth

Reaction score
The problem ist not that she doesn't talk much. The problem is that you feel that she's not really happy and excited with you.

How was it at the beginning of your relationship? Was she different? If she changed during relationship you have to reconquest her... by using the classic DJ techniques. Otherwise your relationship does not have a future.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
i tried asking her , she says nothing s wrong ...im so confused..because its not that dosnt even like me because she is always talking about marrige but..it dont make sence why she is like that...and if im quite she keeps asking me to talk to her and if i dont she gets so angry so im ust lost somtimes , i love the girl...but somtimes is asif she dont like me because she donst talk or she aint even that much of a feminem person

do any of your guys know what im talking bout?
There you go its not that she don't talk it's that when she does it seems you are uninterested. She likes to talk about marriage, so talk about that and all things related to that.

So you believe in happily ever after?
How old were you when you knew you wanted to get married?
What do you imagine your wedding to be like?
So how old do yu want to be when you get married?
How old did you think you would be when you got married when you were younger?
So you want to be a career woman, or stay at home mom?
How old do you want to be before you become a mom?
What do you think of women who don't want to get married or have children?

You see if you be creative there are a millions things to talk about concerning this topic alone, and the more you talk the more she will slowly revealed to you about other topics. Just listen.

Marcus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Royal Elite
There you go its not that she don't talk it's that when she does it seems you are uninterested. She likes to talk about marriage, so talk about that and all things related to that.

So you believe in happily ever after?
How old were you when you knew you wanted to get married?
What do you imagine your wedding to be like?
So how old do yu want to be when you get married?
How old did you think you would be when you got married when you were younger?
So you want to be a career woman, or stay at home mom?
How old do you want to be before you become a mom?
What do you think of women who don't want to get married or have children?

You see if you be creative there are a millions things to talk about concerning this topic alone, and the more you talk the more she will slowly revealed to you about other topics. Just listen.
thanks for the replay.

we've talked about that already...we do speak a lot somtimes we talk for up to 7 hours and some days we spend the whole dayy talking ...but its like we have run out of things to talk about ...its hard to explain...but lately ive founf myself doing all the talking i mean she does talk ...so how would i mka e myself soun as if im very interested??

yunghova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have few questions:

First you said she is rude why are you involed with sumone you say is rude.

What is it exactly that you liek about her or LOVE about her???

Have yall had sex?

Now i can answer ya question but i need a little more info but it general sounds like she NOT intrested in you. or talking to you, when a FEMALE say "TALK" its bad it mean there bored and if a WOMAN (the most TALKATIVE people on the planet can not find somethigto say theres a REAL problem.

Some people are just not meatn to be together and I think you may have to realize that.

Marcus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by yunghova35
I have few questions:

First you said she is rude why are you involed with sumone you say is rude.

What is it exactly that you liek about her or LOVE about her???

Have yall had sex?

Now i can answer ya question but i need a little more info but it general sounds like she NOT intrested in you. or talking to you, when a FEMALE say "TALK" its bad it mean there bored and if a WOMAN (the most TALKATIVE people on the planet can not find somethigto say theres a REAL problem.

Some people are just not meatn to be together and I think you may have to realize that.

She can just be really rude *somtimes not all the time ...she has another side to her that is very wifey and she is just better then your average girl from the way she conducts herself ..and the things she said she is willing to do for me.

I love loads of things about her , no we havent had sex yet to be honest she want to veryy soon tho she is now ready...but she only tells me to talk when ...i really cant be bbothered to talk and i kinda ignore her...somtimes i tell her to talk aswell, but to be honest i think its because we talk to much....we spend hours apon hours just talking..but she emails me all the time and she gets so happy when she meets me, im just confused somtimes.

Marcus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tankwarth
The problem ist not that she doesn't talk much. The problem is that you feel that she's not really happy and excited with you.

How was it at the beginning of your relationship? Was she different? If she changed during relationship you have to reconquest her... by using the classic DJ techniques. Otherwise your relationship does not have a future.
i dont know at first she was very attentive and always talking o much , but i guess every women is like that when they fancy som1 so much