How do you guys record their phone number?

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell you what, I gotta get going, but this was a lot of fun, lets do it again. Write down your full name, number, and a cute smileyface.. depending on your artistic tallent we'll take thing from there

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: myfriendblu

Originally posted by Ol'BlueEyes
Cellphones are a neccesity? Call me cheap, call me penny-pinching, but is it really worth the 20-30 bucks a month just to record numbers? Seems a pen and paper would do just as well.
Now I've never owned a cell, primarilly because I don't know THAT many people to be on call 24/7. Besides, I find them very annoying.
Well, in johnstown, LOL, where there are about 5 hot chiks in your whole friggen town, you might not need one. Plus, last time I was out there, ( I was threw shanksville, somerset, and jerome and ralphton) I got crappy reception. But here in the big city, I cant live without one.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost cell phones

I think putting it in the guy's cell phone is the best because you know he isn't going to lose it.
I've known so many people who have lost their cell phones, and all their phones #s with them.

Even if you take the number down, put it on a hard copy -- at least if it turns out you want to keep the number.

WillieSacks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It varies with me. I've gotten numbers where the girl calls my number from her cell so her number is in my phone so all I have to do is type in her name. I've had girls write their number down and I've also just typed the number into my phone. As long as you get the number right?

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Lost cell phones

Originally posted by Bonhomme
I've known so many people who have lost their cell phones, and all their phones #s with them.

Even if you take the number down, put it on a hard copy -- at least if it turns out you want to keep the number.
I don't know about regular mobile phones and if you can backup data to a PC or other source, but get a PDA-Phone. Then sync it with the PC so you'll never lose numbers.

Ben

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just give them my cellie and tell them to put the digits in.

Sometimes my phone has 'pimp' or 'playa' or something else written on the screen which usually spurs a laugh or too.

haha
f.

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sad but (almost) true

myfriendblu...it certaintly seems that way. Down in the city, good-looking 20-somethings are non-existent. The only ones I've seen at all are up around the mall, where the college chickies hang. All the womens' clothing stores are staffed with them.
Which big city are you talking about? Pittsburgh?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, that works too, Abbott

Good idea, for the more tech-oriented

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: sad but (almost) true

Originally posted by Ol'BlueEyes
myfriendblu...it certaintly seems that way. Down in the city, good-looking 20-somethings are non-existent. The only ones I've seen at all are up around the mall, where the college chickies hang. All the womens' clothing stores are staffed with them.
Which big city are you talking about? Pittsburgh?
Yup, LOL. But hey, most of the chiks that are there ALL put out. You would be hard pressed to find a prude in johnstown. Im in chicago, but I have family back in johnstown, and i visit every now and then.

I dunno about you guys, but I have had my a cell for nearly 7 years. Never lost one yet. You just gotta be resonsible thats all. Try out some cargo pants with the pockets on the sides. You won't lose a thing with those. Thats all i ever wear unless im going out.

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jee, thanx a lot guys. Now that you've talked about cell phones so much I wanna get one too. But all the deals I see so far are $29.99 per month and up. Isnt there anything a bit cheaper for those of us who don't have a fat wallet?

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just cancel home phone service.

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Jee, thanx a lot guys. Now that you've talked about cell phones so much I wanna get one too. But all the deals I see so far are $29.99 per month and up. Isnt there anything a bit cheaper for those of us who don't have a fat wallet?
Simple...just cancel your home phone service and use the cash for a big mobile phone plan. My plan costs about $60/mo., but I don't have a $50/mo. bill for a home phone. And I have 1,000 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends so I never worry about the number of minutes I use. I'd have to talk 50 minutes every day to run out of minutes.

But then again...I have cable Internet so I don't need a home phone for my Internet.

Ben

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Templeton
Get HER to write it down.
Exactly. Get HER to write it down on your hand, too (just don't be too sweaty it gets smudged away!)

Second best way is to just enter her number on your phone-you get to show it off, it's one of those fancy expensive models ;)

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Intense
When it comes time to actually get that number what do you guys do?
I record their number on my cell, I usually have them type it in.

WASURFER

Reaction score
Taking the number

Well i must admit i'm a complete victim of cell phone dependency and have been for a number of years. My contrary thought to this would be that: Being 20 everyone i know has a cell phone, where is the DJ in taking a number with that when you can really make a serious statement with a classy pen that matches your watch and belt buckle. That my brothers is true DJ style, i can't count the amount of times i've got a impressed glance up when i say"i've got a pen". Remember guys it's the little things that count and this is one of the BIG "little things"

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Dude are you serious? That about equates to one dollar a day. If you can't afford a dollar a day for a cell phone, perhaps its time to get a JOB.