How do you guys record their phone number?

sunnyside

Don Juan
Reaction score
If your at a party... I think your best bet if you are both drunk is to get her to write her number on you.

Good times.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, not cool, who cares? If you wanna carry a phone carry a phone. If its not comfortable to you then don't carry one. Worrying or thinking about whether or not it looks cool to carry a phone is lame. You are a DJ, you determine whats cool or not cool.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There seems to be way to much focus here on the means of getting her number.

That makes little difference on the overall impression that you make.

Rather, focus on NOT being TOO ready when you do ask for her number... as in fumble for your cell, or tap your pockets first, do something so that it doesn't look like you were waiting for her to give your number. It has a tinge of that dreadful desperation stench.

And, cell phones are soo popular now that it doesn't look nerdy. Palmpilots on the other hand, I would want to avoid.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe Palm Pilots can't work, but PDA-Phones CAN.

Originally posted by So pimp its scary
And, cell phones are soo popular now that it doesn't look nerdy. Palmpilots on the other hand, I would want to avoid. [/B]
Exactly. And some people even have TWO+ mobile phones and have done away with the standard home phone.

I can't even imagine what I'd do without mine. I think the best thing to do is if there's a way to make it unique somehow and to make it stand out.

The Palm Pilot thing...I can see why some people may not like it, but if you have the money...why not get a combo Palm Pilot and phone? I have one, and it has been SO useful and practical. As a side benefit, chicks dig it...and people DON'T think I'm nerdy because of it.

A couple downsides though...one is that it's a little larger than some phones, but it's nowhere near as large as you might think, mine's very small. Another one is, as you have probably guessed, is that it has a hefty price tag. Mine was $500.

I have a Kyocera 7135 BTW...it's the best buy I've done in a long time.

But if you can do it, you should. People like it, it's the cool thing now, and you can do so many things with it (like games, Internet, hundreds of address book entries, hundreds of calendar events, etc.)

Just my $.02,

Ben

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still say ...

Put it on a hard copy. I've known too many people who have lost or had their cell phones stolen, and they didn't have phone books. Not good.

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl once wrote her number on my hand. Felt quite nice, actually!

Nick

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use my phone, nothing better, usually I just hand it to them and have them put it in themselves.
Also I have told girls to come by and give me there number before they leave. Usually in this instance they get the paper and pen themselves.
I have seen people do what sexy_malibu said, call each other and store numbers that way, I agree is seems a bit to unnatural but hey whatever floats your boat.

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Expensive cell phones are small and compact. They slide right into your pocket so its not really a big deal at all having it at a club. It also helps because when you pull out your cell phone to get their number, you get points for having a nice expensive cell phone. If you have a 5 pound "Zack Morris", "Save by the Bell" brick sized cell phone, then forget it, that would be ridiculous. Depending on the environment, I might be wearing a suit or coat. I carry a nice expensive pen in my inside pocket.

Its all about presentation.

I, personally, dont like the idea of a girl writing her number on my hand. It makes it harder to get another girl's number now since I would now be "tagged". Have them write it on a bill from your wallet or something. Again, it would be nice to show off a nice wallet or a large bill.... not for them to write on though.. you dont want them to run away with it.

willo

Don Juan
Reaction score
If they have a pen and paper great!

If not I track down a mate and put the number in their phone.

One of my mates used to have a small pencil in his wallet that was kind of handy.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
Once a guy took my phone and called his phone from my phone (so my # would show up in his caller ID)... Kind of seemed like excessive work on his part, but it was funny.

Thats exactly what i always do. Easiest way to go. You don't have to punch in any numbers and all that BS.. Just call from her phone, and my call ID saves her number. I often let the viocemail pick up, and I will say a number based on what she looks like to. Like I will go "HB8", LOL. Girl has no idea what your talking about, its all good. :D

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often let the viocemail pick up, and I will say a number based on what she looks like to. Like I will go "HB8", LOL. Girl has no idea what your talking about, its all good.
That's funny! That's exactly what the guy who did it to me did... only he said HB2... Should I feel bad about this? HA HA HA Kidding!
I, personally, dont like the idea of a girl writing her number on my hand. It makes it harder to get another girl's number now since I would now be "tagged". Have them write it on a bill from your wallet or something. Again, it would be nice to show off a nice wallet or a large bill.... not for them to write on though.. you dont want them to run away with it.
Have her write it on your chest or stomach or something... :D It's concealed to other girls and you get to show yourself off if you have a nice body.
Put it on a hard copy. I've known too many people who have lost or had their cell phones stolen, and they didn't have phone books. Not good.
Don't you think it's easier to lose a slip of paper though than a whole phone? I say always BACKUP your phones or PDAs or whatever on paper.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
Don't you think it's easier to lose a slip of paper though than a whole phone? I say always BACKUP your phones or PDAs or whatever on paper.
Exactly. I don't get these anti-cell phone wanna be DJ's out there. The cell phone is ESSENTIAL. Its the best invention us DJ's have gotten since the bar was invented.

1. You can call any girl, from anywhere, at any time
2. You NEVER miss a call from a girl
3. Don't wanna talk to whoever is calling? DON'T answer. thats what caller ID is for
4. You never miss a call or a message, like in the old days when your mom/sister/bro answered and never took a message.
5. Easy to get numbers off girls, plus its like having a black book in your pocket at all times.

Bottom line: This may be a bold statement, but in 2003, and your under 40, without a cell phone you ARE NOT a DJ. End of story.

In fact, I have no idea how all you anti-cell phone people can juggle several women at a time and be out DJ'in 24/7 without a cell. Wait, it probably is because YOUR NOT DJ'in properly.

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OOOOOOOOH I JUST LOVE IT WHEN MYFRIENDBLU AND I AGREE ON THINGS!!!!!!!!! It happens so rarely :D

Intense

Don Juan
Reaction score
Myfriendblu,

You make some interesting comments. I agree with you that a cell phone, especially a flashy expensive one, is virtually a necessity for all DJ’s. I carry mine with me virtually 24/7. It serves as a black book and as a means to be in touch with many girls at any time. I’m about as far from anti-cell phone as they come. I can somewhat agree with your comments when referring to an aspiring DJ without a cell phone at all or has one but doesn’t use it much. However, I feel it is more than acceptable for a DJ to go without a cell phone on certain occasions. As in my case, I don’t like to have a cell phone at all, pocket or other wise, when I’m dancing. Personal preference. I’m still a DJ regardless whether I’m carrying my phone on me. For those occasions when one is without a cellphone (for many it is few and far between, like myself), it’s nice to have different ideas on alternative ways of recording one’s phone number. That was my original reason for beginning this thread. But turns out we got many other good ideas for getting numbers with cell phones in hand also. :)

Others:

Great idea about calling your phone from theirs and leaving a voice mail with their rating :) I’ll definitely have to try that.

Intense.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Intense
. As in my case, I don’t like to have a cell phone at all, pocket or other wise, when I’m dancing.
Great idea about calling your phone from theirs and leaving a voice mail with their rating :) I’ll definitely have to try that.

I know, me neither. I have known quite a few people that lost their cell dancing. If Im going into a dance club, I usually leave my cell in the car. But, as soon as i get back in the car, its back on my side, so i can arrange an after hours booty-call. So when i score a number, I just grab the girls cell(girls always bring purses and keep there cell in there) and call my number from their cell, saving it into my caller ID. LOL and yea, I usually leave a voice message like "HB7.5". Make sure you say HB first, it throws them off. If you said a number only, they might pick up on that..

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
myfriendblu

Cellphones are a neccesity? Call me cheap, call me penny-pinching, but is it really worth the 20-30 bucks a month just to record numbers? Seems a pen and paper would do just as well.
Now I've never owned a cell, primarilly because I don't know THAT many people to be on call 24/7. Besides, I find them very annoying.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't know what it's like in the states, but over here, EVERYBODY has them. As for me, I pay maybe ten dollars a month for my calls and no subscription fees. It's just an incredibly neat thing to have, imo.

topdog3853

Don Juan
Reaction score
The cell is always the easiest option for me. But if I have had a few two many drinks, sometimes I forget their name by the time I am going for the number close :D So that is where I look for the pen and paper and make then write there number down. 99% of the time women will write their name next to the number and if they don't I make a C&F statement just saying "make sure you write your name next to the number, I wouldn't want to get all my numbers mixed up. ;)

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'M SURPISED NO ONE DOES IT MY WAY....tell her you'll remember it then......

MEMORIZE IT!

Then when you two are apart write it down.....this is gold!

Elimidate

Speed Demond

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a cool feture on my plam pilot..you can write on teh screen...the girls are alwayse amazed with it so i tell them to try it out..write their number down...and thene theres a phone book in it where i add their numbers..it's great way to get numbers down cuz it's easy to use when your hammered!!