How do you guys record their phone number?

Intense

Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I have been debating with myself for sometime is not the phone number close with a girl but rather how I "write" the number down. For example, type it into your cell phone or write it down on a napkin. Personally, I'm not to big on carrying my cell phone around on a night out so I usually have to find a pen and napkin when I get a girls phone number. Occasionally I'll carry a pen on me but I feel like an idiot taking a pen out of my pocket for a girl to use. So, my question is, when it comes time to actually get that number what do you guys do?

-Intense.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
LOL...I ended up buying my cellphone mostly for that purpose. I also wanted THEM to have a number where they could reach ME without my mom picking up. :eek:

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always carry a pen with me and have no problems taking it out for them to use. I also carry a lot of bussiness cards (not mine) so they can put the number on the back. No big deal. Every so often, I've pulled out one that had a number on it before and it caused some jealousy...Not a bad thing. ;)

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The phone is the only way to go! Its easy and you wont lose it. Writing down numbers is bad especially when you end up with numbers everywhere. Though I kind of likeit when a chick comes over and she numbers everywhere, it reinforces in her mind that I don't need her.

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to say, crazykid, that it is GENIOUS to have a girls number already on a card! I'm sure such a thing is the reason I had a good chance with several women in my past.

Heh.

Nick

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just think it looks nerdy to put a girl's # into your cell phone, or even WORSE, your palm pilot or something. You may as well wear a pocket protector, and whip a pen out of there...it's the same thing. Napkins are great....it's sponaneous.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often get girls to send me a text message to my cellphone from their phone.

But I keep meaning to get a pen keyring. Like a little souvenir. Innocent, but handy...

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Latte
I just think it looks nerdy to put a girl's # into your cell phone, or even WORSE, your palm pilot or something. You may as well wear a pocket protector, and whip a pen out of there...it's the same thing. Napkins are great....it's sponaneous.

That is by far the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How does it look nerdy?? I hate bringing my phone out with me too, but I usually bring it every now and then when I'm expecting to meet up with some more bros. Write down the # any way you can, its all the same ****.

PIMP

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Intense
Personally, I'm not to big on carrying my cell phone around on a night out
-
Dude, thats the purpose of having a cell phone. Why even have one? Go get yourself a small cell phone that slips in your pocket easily. In the states pretty much EVERYONE at bars/clubs exchanges numbers by means of using there cell phones.

If anything, its dorky to not have a cell phone and use a napkin.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I carry a little black book and a pen

I just tell 'em to write it in my little black book, sometimes on a flyer or something, if I have one in my pocket.

I don't think it really matters, other than the fact you should put it on a hard copy. I've known too many friends who have had cell phones lost or stolen.

aolsuxs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimp-sicle
That is by far the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How does it look nerdy?? I hate bringing my phone out with me too, but I usually bring it every now and then when I'm expecting to meet up with some more bros. Write down the # any way you can, its all the same ****.

PIMP
I totally agree with you. MAYBE a palm pilot may be a bit awkward but how the hell can puting a number in a phone be nerdy? I was under the impression that cell phones are used to store phone numbers and make phone calls.

L-I-B

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah how would putting it in a cell phone be nerdy

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how up with technology in your towns, but here almost everyones has a mobile(cell).

It's the only way to go IMO. I imagine it would be extremely hard to find a pen and paper in most situations.

I remember one weekend i didn't approach as much cause i knew it would be a hassle number closing without my phone handy...lame excuse i know :D

Mobile's all the way, there's no way in hell it's nerdy!

kyokon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I put it into my phone right away because I carry it with me - what a dumbass I would be if I had a phone and left it at home. Phones are far from nerdy here, everybody and their dog has one and if anything the girls are more into keeping up with the latest gizmo tricky stuff.
Bonhomme has a damn good point about the hard copy though... better do that soon

Hemilaya_Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women just take my phone and put there number into it. ;)

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hemilaya_Playa
Most women just take my phone and put there number into it. ;)
Once a guy took my phone and called his phone from my phone (so my # would show up in his caller ID)... Kind of seemed like excessive work on his part, but it was funny.

I used to carry a few slips of paper with my # on it (before I had business cards for work) so I could just give my # out without thinking about "where's a pen" etc... but I think putting it in the guy's cell phone is the best because you know he isn't going to lose it. And if you put it in yourself (or atleast watch him do it) then you can make sure they got it right. This helps for those guys who never call... you don't have to wonder "did he lose the # or hear me wrong" etc... you know the deal right away.

Daani

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
Once a guy took my phone and called his phone from my phone (so my # would show up in his caller ID)... Kind of seemed like excessive work on his part, but it was funny.

this is good so the number is real...

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited:

Intense

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts guys...The whole deal with the anti-cell phone thinking is that its often considered not cool to have your cell phone when you are in a club or bar having a good time (unless you're a chic). For one, you probably couldn't even use it in there if you wanted to b/c of the noise level (of course you could step outside and use it). Second, I don't like much stuff in my pockets or clipped to my belt when I'm dancing. I like the idea of having her write it on a business card. I may have to get one of those key chain pens as well...

Intense.