How bad is being skinny for your image?

Connor99

Don Juan
Reaction score
When i was at the beach during spring break I noticed most of the young really HOT girls were checking out the more slim yet fit kinda guys

The guys that had the surfer look. You dont need to be a tank by any stretch.

mtlwlu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
simply put, being skinny does effect your image, I was 5'11 140 last year at this time now Im 175, and girls notice! I have more confidence at bars and I also get more compliments in school etc.. Work out and youll notice a difference, plus its not a bad habit.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're skinny gain some muscle. Stop worrying about it and change it.

Worrying =/= Progress.

Daniel1099

Don Juan
Reaction score
you can start juicin :)

its what i did...

expect i used a legal version

curently finishing my PCT and taking my next cycle in two months.

gained 20Lbs in One month

coffin

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude im 62 and weigh 190 195 area and i got a gut and stuff if i was your weight id be happy. i was a;pt mpre weight but yea u think your 2 skinny at that much? im 10 15 pounds more and feel fat....

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Daniel1099 said:
you can start juicin :)

its what i did...

expect i used a legal version

curently finishing my PCT and taking my next cycle in two months.

gained 20Lbs in One month
How big are you before you started roids. You really dont need them unless you want to be just massive, and I mean 260lbs shredded. Your probably just lazy.

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not bad at all.

I would rather stay thin and toned because as you get older, your metabolism will slow down anyways. If you have a good cardio/weighlifting regimen combined with good eating habits, you can maintain a lean body while building muscle slowly as get older. Trust me, you are only 18, give yourself until 25 to fill in naturally. Don't make the mistake I did and think that you can eat what ever you want and still stay skinny. I was at around 5' 10" 145 12% bf when I was 19. When I turned 22 this year I was around 178 lbs 22% bf. Now I am trying to get back down to 150

Another thing to be aware of is women pay more attention to the proportion of your shoulders to waist than they do the amount of muscle you have. This is why fat guys with broad shoulders (think football player types) tend to get laid more than a fat dude with lanky shoulders.

If you have the broad shoulder/small waist thing going on, then you have an ideal male body that most women will find attractive. Kind of like the classic hip/waist ratio for women.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking you absolutely cannot get laid by hot women unless your built like a tank. Just look at how normal the guys most hot women are with and you will see what i mean

WillPower

Don Juan
Reaction score

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't like Pook's view on skinniness, he clearly made it more dramatic and negative just to inspire skinny guys to go to the gym and improve their bodies. Also, its most likely true that a guy will get more attention is he's muscular than if he's slender. Some guys don't care enough about physically wowing girls they don't know, so they can't really justify going to the gym 3 days a week.
Or they're too lazy. :)
Either way, I've never agreed with Pook's over exaggerated "skinny guy" section

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Being unfit or unhealthy looking, fat or skinny, is bad for physical attraction.. it simply means you need to over compensate in other areas to make up for your bad looks. and looking bad reduces instant attraction opportunities,.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Muscles = taking care of yourself.

Women like healthy men and men like healthy women. Its not bad being thin but being muscluar is better. Excerise alot and if you are lanky make sure your body language is confident and positive. Body language can tell alot about you and your value etc. Hold your head high and chest out. If you are worried about your weight then go to the gym.

Pakwah

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had an ex-gf who wanted to hook up again...
She writes to me that she gained some weight and does that matter?
And i laughed to myself cuz me, i never gained a pound.

Ya know, im a slimmer person but i see others around me, my age, the ones i grew up with and friends, and seen them get bellies and become fat, and hairy, and i think, ya know, slim was annoying back in high school, but now, it aint so bad.

Work out a few times a week. Push ups and dips and pull ups i do every day at work just to keep the arms up incase i cant make it to a gym. And get a light tan. Don't be a skinny white boy. Lol

Don't Panic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look guys, being skinny will only be as bad as you let it be. I'm skinny myself and I know by experience that game, good posture and a "I like how i am" attitude are the way to go.

Sure It's a great idea to get yourself in a shape you can be proud of, but you must be comfortable with who you are first.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djinhell said:
Interesting thread. Im 6'5, 168lbs and I would say im more toned than skinny. I dont think being slim (not very buff) is a big problem for guys. posture is a huge thing though, and as previously mentioned, try not to move lanky. Its easier for a short stocky person to carry their body confidently, but us tall dudes need to do it too, walk like your in control of your body, dont let it control you (swinging lanky arms etc). Head high, and be proud baby! :D
Dude, youre skinny. Im 6'4 and when i was 170 i thought i was skinny. Im 207 now and i still feel skinny.http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/i.../2009/03/30/441222/profilepic/3911992orig.jpg

Being skinny may hurt you sometimes, but rarely does it help. When i got up to 195 i would get WAY more attention from girls. Now i get more attention than i did then, but i wish i was bigger. The point is to have sex appeal and have girls want to rip you clothes off, not look like a skinny little b*tch who is a sack of bones.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's only bad for your image if you let that get into your head. The reason why getting muscular makes women respond is that you believe that you're way better now, you gain confidence from it, and the girl gets it from little subtle clues on the way you act(and it works the other way around as well).

Have some love for yourself, makes wonders.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prodigy746 said:
i am too skinny ... i am 6'5 150!!!
Wow 6'5 and 150?! I'm 5'6 and 150. That is seriously thin.

One thing I noticed that it doesn't really matter how heavy the guy is if he is tall. You simply look bigger because of your height. A below average height guy, that is skinny simply looks tiny. Having an average to above average height automatically makes you more attractive to women.

I honestly don't know if being skinny has hurt my image. I do know that looking buffer is helping it. I have been getting compliments on my looks, but only from family at this point. At least somebody is nothing that I'm getting bigger. Once I get to my goal weight I think I'll be getting a bit more attention.

Last edited:

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
The point is to have sex appeal and have girls want to rip you clothes off, not look like a skinny little b*tch who is a sack of bones.
No, the POINT is that spending good amounts of time on strict sex appeal isn't everything for some guys, and since it isn't a prerequisite for success, it's understandable why some guys don't care. And when it comes to dealing with quality women who are looking for more than a 1-night-fling, your body hardly makes a difference other than making your body more attractive to look at.
If SEX APPEAL is all youre looking for, then obviously get bigger and look hot visually. This has no affect on the goal of some guys, which is to get past the bull and pointless relationships and flings with women which waste our time. Some guys are looking precisely for flings and such, though, so of course working out for the sole purpose of getting attention from women makes sense.

You can do a simple lay on a women even if you don't have an amazing physique. I'm not saying looks don't matter. I'm saying there are 2 types of relationships with a women you're intimately involved in, and the one that involves only sex doesn't at all rely on how ripped your body is.
Sex only can be gotten so long as you're good looking - the rest generally doesn't matter unless you're on a beach and depending on your physique (these are the guys you see posing on the beach and while they talk to women).
You want a good sexual appeal visually because you want the ego/confidence boost of having women check you out, which is fine, but when it comes to getting in bed with women, sex appeal doesn't have everything to do with muscles. It's more complex than it is for us guys, and strutting on the beach w/ an oiled hard body makes you look like a certain type of "toy-boy" to women, believe it or not. You my have to show women that you're cool and confident if you're skinny, but you gotta show them you aren't strictly a bimbo or player when you look like you put tons of effort into your sex appeal. I'm not playing either party down. I'm saying quick lays can be gotten so long as the woman is attracted to you sexually. Whether that means your body turns her on and she wants to rip your clothes off, or she simply wants to fvck your brains out even if youre *gasp* thin.

A great body is good to have, but getting one simply for the sexual appeal speaks bounds about how much effort you put in your game and also how disposable you are as a sexual partner. Guys with amazing bodies are not hard to find, so if you're depending on a fantastic body to solve all of your problems, then you're limiting yourself.

Also, when it comes to getting attention from women, I can tell you as a 5'11" 155 pound dude, its more about posture and body language than it is your ability to look good when posing. I get looks and attention from women even though I'm thin. I walk around looking great and feeling great, and that exudes a certain energy. Being ripped or at least having a larger frame (like 5'11" and 170lbs) would increase my sexual appeal, of course, but I don't feel it fits me. There are first impressions that are tied with having a ripped body, or working hard for a sexually attractive body.

I've had girls say they like thin guys. I've also heard girls say they like athletic guys. But ask them what they think initially of a guy who has a great body but doesn't play sports (or has any reason to be built), and she'll perceive him as either try-hard or a player or whatever. "What's he trying to make up for?" they likely think. Upon first contact, I perceive their lives as clubbing and working out (it's what their image exudes, and most of the time their personality). It is THEN that these guys need their game to show a girl that you aren't simply about sex appeal, and that you've got a great personality and all that bubbly stuff.
If you are simply about sex appeal, then you can bed a girl so long as she's looking for a ONS by using your juicy sex appeal.
Just remember making girls wet isn't nearly all about having a hot bod, especially once the game is on between you two. Stimulating a women visually from a distance is easier once you're built, but trust me and others when we say posture, clothing, body language, and so forth all add up to being way more important.

Yes, it is essay/exam period for me, and yes I'm procrastinating.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat! Pump iron!

Changes don't happen over night, so don't expect them to. In a year, you'll see a drastic change.

But for God's sake, don't do it for women. Do it for yourself. What if you did get bigger, and it didn't change things with women? Then you just wouldn't workout anymore. Do things for you. **** what women think.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterMcGee said:

No, the POINT is that spending good amounts of time on strict sex appeal isn't everything for some guys, and since it isn't a prerequisite for success, it's understandable why some guys don't care. And when it comes to dealing with quality women who are looking for more than a 1-night-fling, your body hardly makes a difference other than making your body more attractive to look at.
If SEX APPEAL is all youre looking for, then obviously get bigger and look hot visually. This has no affect on the goal of some guys, which is to get past the bull and pointless relationships and flings with women which waste our time. Some guys are looking precisely for flings and such, though, so of course working out for the sole purpose of getting attention from women makes sense.

Ok, well....since you want to break it down and be analytical, good for you. The point of working out for your image is sex appeal. I think its safe to say that as someone gets bigger/more muscular their confidence increases and they get more attention from women. This causes them to feel more attention. Being 20lbs bigger for most skinny guys wont make a whole lot of a difference in how they look and move about. But girls will notice. You cant tell me that being in good shape and having a muscular body wont help in a relationship. Im not saying it will keep a relationship together, but when your girl thinks about how sexy you are she probably wont go anywhere. I understand this (as well as attractiveness) is a sensitive issue since the majority of the people are skinny and average. But...like its been noted, being attractive and having a good body is an ADVANTAGE that some people will never understand.

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I'm saying that, if you want to get attention from women and bed them, then having a muscular body isn't nearly a prerequisite. Therefore, if you're working out for the sole purpose of helping your sex life out, then realize that many guys simply don't give a fvck about working out simply FOR women. Working out is awesome, but if you do it just for the ladies, then good for you but don't think that without a nice body you'd get no attention.

If you want to bed a lady, you can do it without a muscular body. Period. The energy spent on working out to gain mass (different than working out to stay fit etc) can be used elsewhere if you've got no use for the mass you'd gain. Unless you have a physical job, play sports, or fight, I don't see the need for having a muscular body unless you're really craving for female attention or simply want to feel more confident (it's a good thing).