Holding a woman's things hostage!!

mango

Don Juan
Reaction score
If the relationship is over, and she was the one that broke it off? Why would a man hold on to something belonging to his ex, even after she has asked for it back. He promises he will return it, but never does. And what if it is something he knows is important to the ex. What's that about?

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hostages come in handy

think about it this way

why do bank robbers / terrorists take hostages in real life ?

LEVERAGE it gives you power in a situation over your opponent

scenario : i break up with girlfriend

girlfriend threatens me with stalking or violence from her brother

i remind her that i have her favourite necklace that she left in my car and if she ever wants to see it again SHE HAD BETTER LEARN TO LIVE WITH ME BREAKING UP WITH HER

now to answer you question :

If the relationship is over, and she was the one that broke it off?

ok the chick broke it off well i don't need to take a hostage

Why would a man hold on to something belonging to his ex

so she has to remain in contact with his to secure the realease of said hostage

even after she has asked for it back

the hostage will not be released until his demands are met. find out what they are.

He promises he will return it, but never does

sounds like he is a crazy AFC God love him and all he wants is some attention from her which he is getting

And what if it is something he knows is important to the ex

first rule of hostage taking. make sure it's something they care about.

What's that about?

the dude is getting her to hold the door open for him to manipulate his way back into her life.

SHE needs to LET GO of this worldly possession ( can she take it with her when she dies ? )

or CALL THE COPS

i am a bit old school so i would take a different approach i would " problem solve " the situation --- talk with baseball bat.

YOU mango need to watch out because said hostage may not be as valuable as you think it is. SHE may just be using this as an EXCUSE to stay in contact with her ex. i have seen this ALOT.

you need to come to a place where under pressure you can say " f*ck the hostages "

THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT DOES NOT GIVE IN TO TERRORIST DEMANDS

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

mango

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost in translation you were hilarious. That was really funny. The thing is, he says he's moved on with a new relationship, so for all intents and purposes its over. I just don't see why he would not give me my stuff back. I refuse to continue to ask for it....I'll take your advice f#ck the hostages. :mad:

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok in future it is always WISE before you break up with someone to make sure everything that is important is out of their reach.

and everything that is important to them is within your reach *cough*

WAR IS HELL

aglenn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha, I slaughtered all hostages after I booted my ex. We lived together for two years. She somehow got this silly notion that she was exempt from rent and other utilities. She threatened to leave me (wooooooooo). I helped her make her mind up real quick. God damm it's good to live alone. :D

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote - aglenn
Ha, I slaughtered all hostages after I booted my ex

you killed her pets ?

Lost In Translation :eek:

Kcman

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOl , what if its the girl thats keeping things hostage , and not the guy ?

aglenn

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I'd never do harm to an animal caught up in this mess. She took the cat which was the only pet we had. I actually miss the cat. I was referring to personal things like the 40 bottles of hair care ****, 15 pairs of shoes she never wore, clothes and those type things. I wasn't an *******. I called her once since she was asked ever so pursuasively to leave and the message was to have all your **** out in 30 days.
Well the 31st day came and left.

aglenn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kcman
LOl , what if its the girl thats keeping things hostage , and not the guy ?
I'd say it depends on the monetary value. My ex left with a blockbuster DVD that I rented inside her DVD player. I called blockbuster and found I would only be liable for $9.00. Too small to warrant asking her to return it.

mango

Don Juan
Reaction score
aglenn,

I agree with you, but if it was something valuable to you although it cost practically nothing...why hold on to it, if you've moved on and the relationship is over? Why not just give it back to her?

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*sigh* mango mango mango.....

Quote - mango
I agree with you, but if it was something valuable to you although it cost practically nothing...why hold on to it, if you've moved on and the relationship is over? Why not just give it back to her?

**And what if it is something he knows is important to the ex**

first rule of hostage taking. make sure it's something they care about.

money value matters not. it can be anything they hold as dear to their precious little hearts. even a dirty spoon that their mother gave them when they were 3 before she passed away. you will not be free until you realise the truth... what truth ?

THERE IS NO SPOON

mapleleaf11

Reaction score
haha hostages

here's one, I broke up with my girl in january, we were working things out sort of, then had a fight, and she left....... she finalized th breakup and didn't come back, though I missed her for a bit... (lived together almost 3 years) I am sooo glad she never came back, cause life is much better, but at first, I got evicted cause I lost my job, and I needed to store stuff at my parents empty house since they are trying to sell it, so rather then pay storage fees....I was being nice and offered to keep her stuff with mine,,,,,not only sentimental stuff, but EVERYTHING....Furniture, clothes, boxes galore! Her things are all still there with mine....well most of them anyways,,hehehe ;), She said she'll arrange to have it picked up soon with some guy she "sort of" likes (and already lives with mind you)........ but I don't wanna see her, and no "newbie" is going to my families' home....she doesn't call about it cause she is a lazy-ass ho. so every day I go and let's say "I execute some hostages",,,, ... every weekend I go to the home to grab a few of my things...I take some of her things that are useful to me...and chuck more out all the time....I'm not being nice to her anymore......... haha, she's gonna call eventually to get it....and come over, and I'll have a really small box of hers left.... hahaha, call me a jerk, or whatever, but it's been 2 months, I'm not holding on to it anymore, if I reminded her time after time to get it,,,, I aint wasting more time on trying to be nice and helpful to her!, just cause she is full of negative thoughts and pity all the time.... maybe it'll teach her to be responsible... for once. hahaha

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Easy. When I broke up with my ex, ALL the presents I had given her, all clothing, lingerie, expensive leather jackets and boots, and gloves, and gold and diamond jewlery, and an entire wardrobe got accidentally thrown to the city dump, along with all our pictures together. She was angry when she called looking for her things, but hell, accidents happen.

mango

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you throw her things away. Was she the one that broke it off? And did you do that just to hurt her?

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-he eather trew them out (or sold them off)

or

-he wants her to keep coming back to him (wants to keep the dialog open)

other then that, i don't see any other reason

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by mango
Why would you throw her things away. Was she the one that broke it off? And did you do that just to hurt her?
Yes, she did, actually. And yes, to show her what her value was to me, if she didnt want me anymore.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mapleleaf11 lets examine your situation

you allowed you ex gf to store her stuff at your parents house

BAD MOVE now her belongings act as hostages FOR HER

Quote - mapleleaf11
I was being nice and offered to keep her stuff with mine

you got suckered in to the trap

Quote - mapleleaf11
She said she'll arrange to have it picked up soon with some guy she "sort of" likes

and while she is there expect a beating you deserve from her new boyfriend who is a biker for being so dumb as to create this situation for your parents

Quote - mapleleaf11
but I don't wanna see her, and no "newbie" is going to my families' home....she doesn't call about it cause she is a lazy-ass ho

NO you newbie. haven't you seen STAR WARS : THE PHANTOM MENACE ? " a disruption of communication can only mean one thing. INVASION " the whole point of a surprise attack is you are lulled into a false sense of security AS ARE YOU.

and so you know her plan. she will arrive at your parents house. with her big ex golden gloves boxing champion boyfriend in tow. WHEN YOU ARE NOT THERE. without telling you first and say to your parents : dear mr mapleleaf, mapleleaf junior said i should come by and collect my things. this story will check out because i am sure he was dumb enough to mention that my stuff was stored with his in your garage/basement

now the fun starts. your older and more trusting parents who grew up in the 1950's in a world of rainbow let her and her boyfriend get her stuff. BUT while she is there she notices you have LOST some of her stuff. and she hates you and plots revenge ( all ex gf's do deep down in their evil hearts ) so what does she do mapleleaf ?

*starts playing theme music to movie SPEED*

POP QUIZ mapleleaf11

YOUR EX GF IS ABLE TO STEAL YOUR STUFF AND PAY YOU BACK FOR THROWING HER STUFF OUT.... WHAT DOES SHE DO... WHAT DOES SHE DO ?

the funny thing is your nice mom/dd will probably offer to carry some of her loot/your possessions to her large truck

Quote - mapleleaf11
haha, she's gonna call eventually to get it....and come over

dude you got no clue she has got you

Quote - mapleleaf11
just cause she is full of negative thoughts and pity all the time

she plots your doom to avenge her lost belongings

in conclusion i feel sorry for your parents

this could easily turn ugly with her new boyfriend at their house as she goes INSANE when she sees you have thrown away most of her stuff.

mango

Don Juan
Reaction score
So out of the clear blue, and it has been about 6 months now, my stuff shows up in the mail. Mind you I had already decided to let it go, and get another, and forget asking about it. What's that all about? Advice please.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
I held my GF hostage for 46 hours when she tried to break up with me.

Ninja out