Hobbies and Ways to Naturally Meet Girls? Dancing?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
So you are saying Tango dancing lessons would be better for that type of interactions? Found some Tango dance lessons in my local area. It is intense in body to body contact and trust (neither partner would accidentally drop each other putting into a vulnerable position) is also involved.
In theory yes; that’s all true. But it requires talent and a passion for it. That’s why I don’t recommend dance as a casual hobby unless you really think you could get good at it.

I lacked the natural talent at dance and spun my wheels no matter how hard I tried. Anyway, the dance discussion has run its course, so I’ll stop there.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it doesn't cost you much time and money, try the dancing, even if you think you won't like it.

IME it's easy to get attached to a version of myself that's not 100% real. Sometimes I find I like things I thought I hated.

However I also don't put much pressure on having to meet women - they are there and I'll have fun regardless. So if you find you enjoy dancing it will simply open up new pathways to enjoyment (e.g. you'll go out more and do this). If not, you'll have defenestrated and learned something new. Win win.

Flip side is no need to force anything you're really not into. Just keep in mind tastes and identities are not fixed.

rber

Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 Interesting. Israel definitely shares the same patterns.

@Hamurabimbi Do you get to hang out with gamer girls directly in game conventions and gaming social circles? If so, are any of them attractive? How would you go about finding and joining one as an outsider?

@Millard Fillmore Good point, I'll definitely consider it.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Hamurabimbi Do you get to hang out with gamer girls directly in game conventions and gaming social circles? If so, are any of them attractive? How would you go about finding and joining one as an outsider?
Sure.
If you want to and they want you to.

Yes.

Many game stores have message boards as well as open gaming nights.
Many cities have game conventions held at hotels for 3-4 days.
Getting into a SS is like any other SS.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure.
If you want to and they want you to.

Yes.

Many game stores have message boards as well as open gaming nights.
Many cities have game conventions held at hotels for 3-4 days.
Getting into a SS is like any other SS.
I forgot to mention. I lost my V-card at a game convention when I was a youngin.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot to mention. I lost my V-card at a game convention when I was a youngin.
Hi Hamurabimbi,
What was the game?...Catch me if you can?

The Diver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you said you don't have any interest in dancing, and this is a shame because if you are a good-looking man who is a good dancer, you'll slay it.
You start with dance lessons, and when you are skilled enough, you use your new skill on the dance floor at a dance party/Live music dance event around your city/town, where women are desperate for a good dance partner. And from there it's easy; Kino is there from the get-go; flirting and making connections is a walk in the park.
Really, it's a no-brainer.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took ballroom for about 5 years during that 2010s at the advice here and from a much older coworker.

Pros:

1. Fun hobby.

2. Hot teacher lol.

Cons:

1. I found it near impossible to socialize. Students would show up to class 5 minutes before and leave immediately after. Obviously you weren’t supposed to talk during instruction. Fair enough.

During an actual dance or dance “social,” I would get the stink eye from the teacher if I got into a lengthy conversation with somebody because that’s considered tying up potential partners for others. (As an introvert, my whole “game” has always been deeper convos.)

Chatting is only acceptable WHILE social dancing. But that’s not easy to do while you’re still learning because your brain is tied up. (It’s fine for an advanced dancer who runs on muscle memory.)

2. Very wide age ranges, but typically on the much higher end.

Anyway, I personally didn’t find it helpful in the women department at all. But everybody is different, so your mileage may vary.
I dance salsa, bachat, merengue, reggaeton. For me its the best way to meet women, that's "my game" dance game, where touch can happen and then escalate. I dance cause that's one of my things, I enjoyed since young, so if you wanna dance, yo do ot for you cause you like it, not because you wanna meet women.

You will meet women, and 99.9% of guys don't know how to dance and that sets you apart, but you have to enjoy it.