High school was useless, and so were all the other grades

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup the school system is ****ed up. Not only is it terrible quality, there is too much emphasis on the left side of the brain, so we can all become sheep/slaves. You know as a child, you're very creative. Then when you grow up, you are less and less like that. That's not growing up, that's school destroying and repressing your creative, right side of the brain. You know when people grow up nowadays, a very small percentage, 4% or 2%, have developed their full creative potential.

e-lie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have mt kid drop out at 15 or 16 get a job or join the military their r plenty of options.:rockon:

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At least high school was free. College sucked!

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is such a good thread to thread. . .it will take me a while to finish it.

Personally, my high school education was awesome.

Education:
Some of the classes I had in hs, they were probably more useful than most of the classes I took in college, and I go to a really good college. I feel that it is because the students in my classes had a deep passion to learn, and my teachers had a deep passion to pass on their wisdom. I can write pages on the stuff I learned in hs, the fundamentals of: communication, writing, analytical thinking, scientific approach. But, none of that required any money. You could put us all in a dumpster, and we all would still learn great things. All we need for a good education is students who have a passion for success and teachers who have a passion to teach. The main reason why the students had a passion for learning is the high standards their parents put for them.

Of course, there were many other factors that could have also contributed to the success of our students. Similar how google gives their employee's lots of benefits so they can be happy and therefore very productive (http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/static.py?page=benefits.html), our school did a lot of things for us to be happy. We had: good looking modern buildings, decently funded sports, a variety of extracurricular classes and clubs, modern text books, and good computers. But, these factors are not the core reason why some kids do better than others, otherwise no kids from the ghettos would ever make it to college, but there is a good amount who did make it over here. It is because those kids worked hard.

But even with all the passion in the world, but are some factors they could not over come. Many of the people who came from disadvantages backgrounds eventually quit the engineering program I am in. That is because they did not have the science and mathematical intuition to get through the classes. I am not talking about science and mathematical material, but the intuition that can only be developed through studying hard and advanced mathematical and scientific concepts. Two people may know calculus, but if one took a very hard calculus class and the other took a very easy one, the one who took the hard one would have the abilities to learn more advanced engineering concepts even if they have nothing to do with calculus.

Sorry, all I have written is a bunch of random rambling, I just their education, but the real heart of one's educations depends on how hard he/she works on it.

Reaction score
The problem is that American Public Education sucks compared to other countries, it's so biased and unuseful. I know that if I still live in the US when I have kids they'll go to a private high school! More money usually associates with qualified teachers, more equipment, larger staff and competent management.

The primary problem is money, like at my school tax dollars were WASTED on SPORTS. Even though the football team sucked balls every year they would get new equipment. Like last year they spend 1 million on new stands and every few years they would get new uniforms for Varsity, JV and JV-b/freshmen. While the caf foods and computers were sh*tty.

Getting rid of highschool is the worst idea, it keeps good/bad kids occupied. Meaning that if kids didn't have school, they would have more time to do drugs, alcohol and break laws. School actually helps kids learn social skills too, homeschooled kids have harder time meeting people, because they lack interpersonal skills.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
Homeschooling is the only way to go in America. Just look at the chubs you boys chase. They are so immature. They look 30 years old at age 16, yet they act like they are still 10 years. Why? Because they only hang with people their own age. In most cultures girls that age are already going out to discos and bars and are forced to deal with older people. At least if you school your kid at home you can prevent them from being so damn immature. High school is nothing more than a form of babysitting service for society. Nobody learns anything there. Private or public school. It doesn't matter.

School is a joke. It has nothing to do with the real world. It is almost as bad as the military (which is the biggest joke of them all). Look at the people who actually live the way you would like to live. Notice how they got there from NOT being normal. From NOT living a structured life. From NOT being able to take orders. The biggest studs in any society are unable to listen to authority. School and the military are all about being lazy rats.

The best teacher in life is life itself. Burn all of your bridges and start totally fresh. It will force you to take chances and do what you want to do.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
Homeschooling is the only way to go in America. Just look at the chubs you boys chase. They are so immature. They look 30 years old at age 16, yet they act like they are still 10 years. Why? Because they only hang with people their own age. In most cultures girls that age are already going out to discos and bars and are forced to deal with older people. At least if you school your kid at home you can prevent them from being so damn immature. High school is nothing more than a form of babysitting service for society. Nobody learns anything there. Private or public school. It doesn't matter.

School is a joke. It has nothing to do with the real world. It is almost as bad as the military (which is the biggest joke of them all). Look at the people who actually live the way you would like to live. Notice how they got there from NOT being normal. From NOT living a structured life. From NOT being able to take orders. The biggest studs in any society are unable to listen to authority. School and the military are all about being lazy rats.

The best teacher in life is life itself. Burn all of your bridges and start totally fresh. It will force you to take chances and do what you want to do.
That's hella true. School just prepares you for more slave work. Not like you would need school to do it, it's just a "qualification" or a "requirement."

Reaction score
sparky0000 said:

Do damn bad that you can't GO TO COLLEGE to get masters and PHDs, if you decide not to go to college. All the druggies and dropouts say that kinda sh*t. Highschool is bullsh*t, it teaches you to memorise things but just like elementary and middleschool you need it for the future. Home schooling doesn't teach the kid about social skills, other countries don't have home schooling. You're supporting it because US public education sucks balls, the two solution is either fix it or move out of the country. Not to be "anti-american" but I don't know why people choose to stay here, the education sucks, government/police controls everything and citizens have to pay taxes to pay for... war and get no health care in return.