Here's How To Make Yourself Good Looking

Kevon

Don Juan
Reaction score
you can try tucking it in a little bit, like on one side, and if it is long sleeved (if its a dress shirt, it should be) then make sure you roll the sleeves too

Kevon

Don Juan
Reaction score
as for how many unbuttoned, I would try to make it a max 2, 3 if you can pull of being a ****y bastard

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drex
How do you pull off wearing a button-up collarred shirt without tucking it in? Doesnt it look bad? I have a couple and I tried them on w/o tucking them in and they hang down past my ass on both sides. And do you have it completely unbuttoned? I usually leave the top 4 unbuttoned and have it tucked in with the sleeves rolled up...
This is one of the biggest mistakes that many guys make in my opinion, everyone tucks their shirt in. It amazes me that guys even tuck cheap tee shirts in. I tuck in my shirt when I go to a more formal event like court or if I am going to be speaking in public. If I am wearing a tie or wearing a suit with no tie. Other than these rare situations I never tuck it in, regardless of the shirt I am wearing.

Having said this, fit is also very important. Many including myself have shirts that are too big, guys often wear shirts that are one size too big. Even on shirts that are the correct size where the sleeves are cut makes a huge difference. This is one of the great things about Express Mens/Structure. You will notice that if you have a slim and/or built body the shirts fit you better than you would get at many other stores.

Girls like to see the muscle in your arms so wear a shirt that shows this but doesn’t completely show it off either. Many short sleeve shirts come all the way down to your elbow which is too low for a short sleeve.

Many guys only don't button the top button; I generally leave 2 but not more than 2. I also leave the bottom one undone.

Kevon

Don Juan
Reaction score
amen to that, my dad is divorced, but her is more of an AFC than me, and if there is one thing I think I am a little gifted in its style, I still cant get him to stop buying his shirts so damn big, im 6 foot, 190 pounds, and I still wear a medium, unless the shirt is designated as a slim fit, or a "muscle shirt"

oh and the only time I tuck something in is if im wearing a tie, lol

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tx_xp

Girls like to see the muscle in your arms so wear a shirt that shows this but doesn’t completely show it off either. Many short sleeve shirts come all the way down to your elbow which is too low for a short sleeve.
I buy mostly shirts that have short short-sleeves to show off my arms (they cut off about halfway up my biceps). I do have a couple collarred short sleeves button up shirts where the sleeves go down to my elbows. Is it gay to roll a short sleeve up a couple times to show off more arm?

Mikeman!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33539&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

Refer to my post on this page for some tips on how to dress...

Some more info:
============
For jeans check out: Guess/Diesel/Parasuco
For sneakers: Diesel
About the accessories:

http://www.le-chateau.com/products/index.asp?navLev=4&gen=2&NavId=254

1 of the necklaces I just bought..

About the glasses: Like someone said before, you can tint your lenses to make them look more stylish. When you buy glasses, make sure you buy a pair which suits your face, very key. Lenses which are tinted grey will go with a lot, however another thing you can try which looks good if you're tanned is matching the tint to your skin tone.

One trick to getting your perscription glasses to look more stylish is to look for a good pair of sunglasses and put in your perscription lenses there instead. This usually only works well if you have a weak perscription.

I got these just today(with a silver frame):

http://www.ultimateshades.com/gucci/GG1715S.htm

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Craig.

A few comments -

the gay hairdresser is an interesting idea - I think I will definitely try that.

the long sleeve buttoned shirt - top one or two buttons and bottom button unbuttoned and it MUST fit you right (not too big!)

I still get breakouts on occassion - I may try those self-tanners as a why of camouflaging them a little bit (the tanning beds are only a temporary solution - actually if you burn the skin it actually causes the skin to produce MORE oil which can aggravate breakouts).

I don't do accesories, though. (No rings, no necklaces) - not my style. My style is to look good without trying too hard to look good (besides I find rings and necklaces to be unconfortable). Leave the accesories for the women IMHO.

I will wear a nice watch though (at least it serves a purpose) - shows you have a bit of class.

Out of the whole list I think the two most important are:

Shoes - women just have this thing about a man's shoes.

Good diet/health/go to gym - when you feel good you project a sense of well-being that makes you much more attractive.

Vassago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread helped me out too! Thanks to Joe Boxer I went out and bought a teeth whitening kit. I'll let you guys know if it works.

Thanks!

JoE BoXeR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread helped me out too! Thanks to Joe Boxer I went out and bought a teeth whitening kit. I'll let you guys know if it works.
hehe you're making me blush!

And ya please do let us know what brand you bought and what were the results and just generally if it was worth your $$$.

Keep the excellent posts coming!

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Couple more points - I've a big chest/neck/shoulders and am short - I can't afford to get lots of fitted shirts, so I usually keep em tucked in!

There seems to be a definite 50-50 split with women regarding body hair on men. I've a very hairy chest & current and exgfs love it. Some don't. I'm not getting waxed! hairy looks good with big pecs too :)

Good thread.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
two things:

1. shoes
having many different kinds of shoes is an awsome way to go.
espically if you see girls more than once. you can bank on girl always noticing your shoes and if you have nice ones its like adding frosting on the cake

2. in general you should dress with different styles. never wear the same kind of shirt 2 nights in a row if possible

keep switching up your style on a daily basis that you arent labeled as a certain type

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as jeans go nothing beats Evisu right now. It's a Japanese based company who's garment is one of a kind- which means you can't but anything like it from any other company. The price is pretty high but if your looking for the best hit the NY shopping streets.

oh and to the poster, you forgot shoes.

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vassago

Thanks!
I've used Crest White strips before and they do work.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interestingly my new girl is not mad about my style (even though I've found other women love it). She's more [neat] grungy or such, and likes me to wear blue jeans (I almost never do).

Mind you, I haven't changed my style much to accomodate her, I like lookin sharp :)

She mentioned getting me a new jacket for my bday - something more casual than my sportscoats :) Any ideas on that front guys?

laytonsc

Reaction score
tanning options?

Those who don't tan naturally. Do you prefer tanning beds or the new spray-on tanning thing??

Thanks

Kevon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would avoid those spray on things, I know the tanning beds can be bad for you, but its better that than ending up orange, I work at a pool, so believe me, you can tell when someone has used that spray on crap