Here is what the research says is the most effective way to get women

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And it has nothing to do with PU, mystery method, etc, etc. It is all about social connections. A high percentage of women polled claimed they meet most of the guys they date or hookup with through a mutual acquaintance or friend. Not in a bar, not on the street, not online, not through any means of random approaching.

The idea is to expand your social circle, get on the good side of your friends and colleagues, who will then refer you to a girl they know who is single.

"Sara is single, and John is a cool guy, we should introduce them."

When you cold approach a girl, she knows nothing about you. No one she knows has any idea if you are cool. But if all her friends know you, and say you are cool, then she has the group approval and group support influencing her choices. "Well, if John and Cindy think is is cool, and I think John and Cindy are cool, then he must be cool."

It is safe, socially acceptable, and easy for her to let you in. So, if Cold approaching isnt working for you, if POF isn't delivering results, go expand your social circle and expand you options.

I am good at PU, and I like the hunt, but a lot of the girls I nail, I met through friends.

I dont know if this has been covered yet or not.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I disagree. Familiarity is in the opposite direction of seduction.

So this article is saying that by having lots of Facebook friends we'll score more?? Maybe for women!

Sorry, you still need to get a job after all.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I'm sorry BigNeil.

The OP's post is very, very relevant to this site, and something that some of the young DJ's and also seasoned veterans could do well to focus on with their brightest eyeglass.

Evolutionary psychology, of which I am a huge exponent, not opponent, also confirms this model.

In days of yore, contrary to what is the considered opinion of the `alpha always wins poonani` mindset - like for like people were always introduced. This was the case in England, and I believe America, prior to WW2.

I will be paying close attention to this post from now on, and trying to expand social opportunities ~ I welcome this post as bringing me back to a virtuous place, away from hunting down bar hags n flys.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
And while you're at it, get a job.

When two people are a good match everyone will automatically oppose them! The two need to overcome it, it's both against the world. The
world doesn't introduce them. Everyone is too jealous.

Single4Life

Don Juan
Reaction score
So many times I've heard stories of women say,

"Well, we met when we were younger, and he was my brother's friend. So when he would come over to visit my brother, he would say hi to me and eventually asked me out"

that sort of thing. it's completely accurate. women choose from those around them, mostly.

HOWEVER< you can -create- familiarity if you are persistent in always coming around to talk to the girl and not being pushy.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:

So this article is saying that by having lots of Facebook friends we'll score more?? Maybe for women!

This. Familiarity is almost inverse with seduction imo.

There are two things wrong with OP's argument:

1. He didn't even post the source or study he frequently mentions

2. Although expanding social circle will allow you to contact a greater number of people, the reason why someone with larger social circles gets more women is because they are MORE SOCIAL. They know how to make friends, interact in groups of people, men and women.

And game at its absolute core is just social skills applied to girls...

So looking at guys with large social groups and saying "Oh they get girls through introductions" is a wrong way of looking at it. It's more like "Oh they are really social dudes so they also know how to interact with girls as well and THAT's why they get a lot of girls"

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This applies for long term relationships or marriages but I doubt it's a good approach if you just want to sow you wild oats (and that's something every man should do at point).

What's going to happen when you dump that girl you met from your social circle? If she was really into you, she will become bitter and will try to ruin your reputation in your social circle. That just creates an awkward and messy situation.

Personally, I don't like to sh*t where I eat. I prefer my women to be from outside my social/work circle. That way if we're through, we never have to see each other again and that's just the way I like it.

OldbutSTRONG

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:

I really like the fact you said you still need a job.

If the point is to just **** and chuck, being in a lot of social networks helps.

If you want to keep the girl you ****ed, seriously get a good job. Most women are attracted to men who make a good living.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is weird, I am actually agreeing with bigneil. You can rely on others to hook you up especially for FB's or ONS.

Barracuda

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
This applies for long term relationships or marriages but I doubt it's a good approach if you just want to sow you wild oats (and that's something every man should do at point).

What's going to happen when you dump that girl you met from your social circle? If she was really into you, she will become bitter and will try to ruin your reputation in your social circle. That just creates an awkward and messy situation.

Personally, I don't like to sh*t where I eat. I prefer my women to be from outside my social/work circle. That way if we're through, we never have to see each other again and that's just the way I like it.
^^ THIS.

The research the OP mentioned is most likely from people who are presently in LTRs.

Of course, it's true.. you can pull a hell of a lot of girls in your social circle, but if you're DJ'ing it, the wrath of scorned women will cause a lot of rifts and long term awkwardness within those circles.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last weekend I was in a nightclub to watch some of my disk jockey friends spin. One of my guy friends introduced me to a chick and about an hour later I picked her up, making out with her in front of her roommate. It turns out, I’ve known her roommate for nine years. The roommate is a girl who’s a former co-worker (who I liked) and she gave me huge social proof. “Oh yeah I know Deep Dish, and only in good ways.” I’m now banging the chick I picked up, after just five days.

I don’t consider myself a pickup artist, but what pickup artists often do is make friends with the room to build spontaneous social proof. So you make new friends, even if only for the night, and their association gives you access to their friends. I personally never do cold approaches, but warm approaches and social circle game is my thing. Pickup artistry does incorporate social circle game, but it compresses the process.

As for science, one finding is the Mere Exposure Effect. The more often a chick sees you, the mere exposure of your presence makes her more comfortable around you. It’s even in the Quick Tips section of the main SoSuave page:
In psychology there’s a phenomenon known as the Mere Exposure Effect. It basically states that the more we are exposed to something the more we come to like it. This applies equally to both objects and people. Thus, there is some benefit to simply hanging around or being near a girl that you’re attracted to.

If you two have a class together, if she sits near you at work, if you often see her at the gym, all these exposures are working to your advantage. The first time she ever saw you, she might have thought you were a 5 on a 10 point scale. But after seeing you repeatedly at the gym, she might now rate you an 8 or 9. And you haven’t really done anything.

Isn’t this a marvelous world?

http://www.sosuave.com/quick/tip29.htm
bigneil:
Familiarity is a component of mid-game comfort stage, and familiarity only breeds contempt when you stay in the comfort stage for too long. You always have to respect the momentum.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where's the research?

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Mistic said:
And it has nothing to do with PU, mystery method, etc, etc. It is all about social connections. A high percentage of women polled claimed they meet most of the guys they date or hookup with through a mutual acquaintance or friend. Not in a bar, not on the street, not online, not through any means of random approaching.

The idea is to expand your social circle, get on the good side of your friends and colleagues, who will then refer you to a girl they know who is single.

"Sara is single, and John is a cool guy, we should introduce them."

When you cold approach a girl, she knows nothing about you. No one she knows has any idea if you are cool. But if all her friends know you, and say you are cool, then she has the group approval and group support influencing her choices. "Well, if John and Cindy think is is cool, and I think John and Cindy are cool, then he must be cool."

It is safe, socially acceptable, and easy for her to let you in. So, if Cold approaching isnt working for you, if POF isn't delivering results, go expand your social circle and expand you options.

I am good at PU, and I like the hunt, but a lot of the girls I nail, I met through friends.

I dont know if this has been covered yet or not.
Good post and true in MANY ways.

Unless you can pick up random chicks by being NORMAL and not some PUA DJ cuckoo bird. It might be best for some people to meet chicks in their social circle or just get to acting NORMAL and meeting people to get a social circle or expand the one they currently have.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
As for science, one finding is the Mere Exposure Effect. The more often a chick sees you, the mere exposure of your presence makes her more comfortable around you.
This is not untrue, but remember: there are two main components of love: the cocaine-like (upper) high you get when it is new, and the heroin-like (downer) high when you are comfortable with that person. One is the lust/honeymoon phase and the other is the love/relationship phase.

But people who think they can bypass the first and get to the second by familiarity are mistaken. They will get friend zoned. Only lovers get to the love phase.

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:

I have actually mastered the art of banging every girl in the social circle. Often times, by dumping them and being kind of an *******, their frieds see how I effected their life, and the other girls get naturally curious as to, "What did this guy do to Jessica to get her undies in such a bunch. I must see for myself because I know I am the girl who can conquer him."

After things cool off with the last one that I cut l off, we eventually be friends again, and I may incorporate her into my, "When you are ovulating and in need I can help you out" group.

I probably have 5 to 10 girls in my broader social circle who I banged or dated at one time, who I still bang from time to time, and who's friend I may be banging now.

So far everyone's reply is right, in a way.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only girlfriend I've ever had is when one of my female friends threw a big party and specifically pointed her out to me and asked me to go and talk to her because she was shy.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It can work both ways. I used to be pretty popular in High School for doing crazy stuff back then. And if I hang with my HS crew and there's a new girl in the group their regard for me makes me look good, and I definitely notice it rubs off on the girls that practically try to game me rather than me gaming them. Then there's work groups where it seems you have to freaking game her in morse code just to not draw everyone's attention and get blocked by someone hating.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP : this is what mystery teach , be her group friend to get social approve before you start hitting on her