/help me dj

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omg I love ali!!
alright, I'm gonna start smiling at people, and I don't care if it's creepy.
do I need to make eye contact first?

sometimes I have trouble with eye contact.. well.. theres this halfbeech quality HB that I look at but she never looks back, so I can't get eye contact.
I'm thinking of saying "hey" then smiling. I said hey today but didn't smile... she kind of is a stuck up loser, who's kinda fun sometimes.
how do you deal with people who don't make eye contact?
also I'm having alot of trouble keeping eye contact.

If someone looks at me I almost always look away. I only did the smile/eye contact thing once.

bigw

Don Juan
Reaction score

I think I'm just going to have to sum it up for you....

Say hello to get their attention
SMILE
Use eye contact.
and DON'T look away when they look at you. Don't be a pansy.
If they don't use eye contact, just keep walking.

nicenomore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigw said:

I think I'm just going to have to sum it up for you....

Say hello to get their attention
SMILE
Use eye contact.
and DON'T look away when they look at you. Don't be a pansy.
If they don't use eye contact, just keep walking.
totally true. Dont look away. Do everything in your willpower to stop that. If she is close by smile and say hello. If shes far off , smile and wave(but dont act like a dork while doing it)

Corey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Grand Wizzard Alamar said:
I don't know where to find a way to grow confidence. I don't think it's just confidence, theres something else thats stopping me... I don't know how to start changing myself.
"When you started work here you where a timid little mouse, now we cant shut you up." My boss said to me once.

Getting my first job (Only a dish washer) improved my listening skills and my social skills because it involved constant communication. For example id get sent down to the fridge to get ingredients, Id have to ask questions where i didnt know what to do. I'd talk to the waitresses when they passed, play pranks on each other and generally have fun. At the end i got a good referance and new friends.

Try getting a job, my dad had to talk to the boss origionally because i was pretty much scared straight of talking to any strangers but i am greatful of what he did for me.

nicenomore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey noob. I disagree with some of the things you said above , and feel some things need to be added to your post, no offence meant. Do correct me if you feel what I say is wrong.

Noob said:
. the reason people have low confidence in the first place can be for any amount of different reasons. for example the reason i was lacking confidence as a youngster was because of my father, he used to beat me and stuff like that, so it totally messed up my personality and made me auquard and shy. try very hard to think of the reason that you have low confidence.

ok so try to think of reasons that you have low confidence, write them down :possible Causes: and then think of things thhat you can tackle the causes. for me personally, I started to understand my dad, and understand why he is the way he is. i found out that when he was younger, he was homeless, and his dad died at an early age, so to sum it up, I understand my dad allot better, and i have realised that the nasty comments he used to say at me, were all because he has low confidence in himself and because he wants to take his anger/frustrations out on me. but everything is ok now. anyways THE CHANGE.

Here is a small extract from Annhilation Report(of Style) by Joseph Matthews on confidence:
He also said that just “being confident” is impossible without success. Success breeds confidence,and he wants to teach how to have success so his students can gain REAL
confidence
I kind of agree to the above. Your reason of soul searching to find out what’s holding you back is fine. If you know it, you can put it aside. But when you know that what you say can attract a girl, I guess that is a stronger confidence booster and that puts away a lot of your internal reasons away.

In my opinion becoming a don juan is finding out who YOU really are. believe it or not it is nothing about other people, it isn't even about social skills, it is all about finding and then revealing your true self. because if you did exactly what your heart told you to do, then i promise you will be the happiest you have ever been. e.g. if your heart tells you to help that old lady accross the road, but your brain says "no dont, its embarrassing" you have to follow your heart. its the only way to happiness.
Well about finding ones own self is true, but IMHO social skills are necessary. To quote Tyler D
A lot of guys come to game as they realize that if they were more successful with women ,they’d be more successful in their lives
As for the Head vs. Heart debate, I guess any side can be taken. But that’s your opinion, I'm fine with it.

inner game: this is probably the most important thing> write down what your perfect personality and perfect life would consist of on paper. read this every morning, and close your eyes for 5 minutes and imagine living that life. its that simple. important things to write are "i will have a girl friend, i will be confident etc etc" inner game also consists of learning to love yourself. love your body. look into the mirror 5 times a day and say something positive about how you look. another exercise that is simple and effective is grab a piece of paper and write down things that you like about yourself, and things you don't. this is going to be your list of things to work on during this year. also another good thing is to write a list of goals you would wish to achieve in the next year, this doesn't necessarily have to do with being a don juane, it can be "get a driving license" or "lose 25 pounds of fat" etc etc.
no problem on writing down ,but you must also reiterate your goals every morning , and go out and do something about it. At night, go over your goals and write down what did you do about it and what other steps can be taken. The concept of FRs also stem from this fact

OK now that you have done the basics, it is time to be a keyboard jockey, allot of people will disagree with me here, but i truly believe you should read read read, for at least a whole month before practicing any of this stuff. a very important thing to read is the Don Juane Bible,
Yup, I disagree. Not that you shouldn’t be a keyboard Jockey at . Go out, meet girls. Come back at night, read the DJ Bible for an hour or so max. There is nothing like real exposure, the on field magic of it all. Plus, all that you ever do, like openers etc will become more congruent, and you'll get a better hang of it.

As Tyler D himself says: You learn more about pick up in one night of approaching girls than in a lifetime of reading pickup books.

In the boot camp, weeks 1 & 2, its not that don’t go to school and don’t talk to girls. Go ahead , talk dude but also follow what noob has written about body language, and family support.

nicenomore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification

Noob said:
in no way shape or form is simply knowing, how to pull chicks can lead to LONG TERM confidence. i do agree that knowing how to pull chicks can give you short term confidence, that is why i like to read Field reports and stuff before a date or a night out clubbing. but for long term confidence you will need to know what is holding you back. and why you feel the way you do. im no psychiatrist or anything, but its defintely the best way for LONG TERM confidence.
Yup ,merely knowing is not enough. You have to go out and do something about it. I read this somewhere: Mere knowledege is not enough, one must do.
Now I see your point in terms of knowing whats holding you back. But to retriate what i said above:Mere knowledege is not enough, one must do.
Find whas holding you back and do something about it.

what i mean by being a keyboard jockey is that for the first few weeks, concentrate on learning game, learn as much theory as possible before going out into the big wide world.
As for learning theory is concerned: with me that goes on all the time. Man is a student all his life, remember. Practicals according to me must go on side by side. And IMHO, instead of learning all openers , learn one opener, one DHV etc and perfect it.Like Bruce Lee said: I dont fear a man who knows 1000 kicks , I fear a man who has practiced 1 kick a 1000 times

yep your right. comunication is like 30% the words that come out of your mouth, and the rest is communicated through your body posture, tone of voice and facial expression.
Definately , definately true.
I read this somewhere about various components of communication:(figures approx)
Body language: 53%
Voice , pacing etc: 40%
Actual words spoken :7%

Unfortunately , everyone including me , are more interested in that 7% instead of the rest 93%. Think of how much we miss.
all in all i think we both are pretty much saying the same things. now it is only upto the thread starter to implement these things and get the ball rolling.
QUOTE]

Yup, you hit the nail on the head on this one.