HELP, don't know how to treat my gf with Borderline Personality Disorder

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimp-sicle
My exgf never raged at me much (until the end) but she had this way of talking down to me, to make me feel like shiat and then always lie.
PIMP
Oh man, I feel you so much. My exgf would always talk to me in a condescending manner. That's eventually why I totally stopped talking to her. I got fed up with it.

Same deal in the beginning too. The first 3 months were GOLD. She was so nice, caring, sweet, willing to hang out, willing to talk on the phone, giggly playful.

Fast forward a year or so and she'd become what can only be described as a "shell" of her old self. Totally unempathetic, mean, biting, cynical, cold, and condescending. It was a real head trip and hard for me to accept. I kept trying to "change" her back to her old self, but I just couldn't.

Edit: I just read Wyldfire's other checklist and I'm now thoroughly convinced my ex had it.

I especially identify with feeling like I could never be right, and feeling trapped and helpless.

Last edited:

gonzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimp-sicle
Wow your ex made mine look tame even though she's full fledge BPD monster as well!!

Mine:

-faked a terminal illness when I broke up with her

-lied to my face a million times even when I was there to witness the truth

-probably cheated on me

-stole other people's shiat

-tried to get pregant to keep me with her

-started a smear campaign to everyone I knew, telling them I was crazy and needed therapy!! LOL

-got me fired from a job

I could go on and on, but what's the point. They're toxic, its sad, extremely sad but ultimately if you don't get out, they'll devour you too. They make you fukin' crazy too bro, I was always on edge, trying sooo hard to please her, but never good enough. I'm not a needy, whiny AFC, but I was a shell of myself when I was involved with her. The scary part is she I still think she calls me from blocked numbers in the weee hours of the night every once in a while.

Your in the white knight phase, where your perfect. Soon she'll split you black, cut off the great sex and have no regard for your feelings. Its inevitable, its crazy, ITS BPD!!!

Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :woo:

PIMP+
Hmm. This has got me thinking.

I got mixed up with an AW with many BPD symptoms six months ago.

Recently I've been getting one or two weird blocked number calls every month. I say hello a few times and I can feel there is someone on the other end but they put the phone down after a few seconds. Once I didn't pick up and there was a completely silent 4 and a 1/2 minute voicemail message (not the usual mistaken call with background sounds audible). It's got to the stage where I don't say hello on blocked number calls anymore.

Now I'm thinking it's her. I don't know anybody else who would do this.

Why do you think yours is doing this kind of thing? Did it start off slowly for you and build up? I'm thinking I should just ignore it until she gets tired?

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:( she just broke up with me . . .

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kourt
:( she just broke up with me . . .
Don't worry...she'll be back. Then she'll break up with you again, and be back again, and break up again, and be back again. It's the nature of her condition.

I didn't mention this before but my 17 year old son's ex girlfriend has BPD. She cuts herself and her arms are a mess. Things went well for the first 3 or 4 months. Then he never knew whether they were broken up or not. She must've dumped him 20 times in a matter of 2 or 3 months. Fortunately he doesn't let much get to him so he just went about his business and didn't let it phase him at all. About 3 weeks ago he broke up with her and she still calls and asks for him, pesters his brother and sister when they are on messenger and wants him to take her back. She's in therapy, on medication and has been for quite some time.

If you're going to be involved with this girl you need to get used to having your heart and soul stomped on repeatedly. That's what is normal.

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its over

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have read alot on this disease. I just left a girl with it. I understand both her side and mine, meaning what it is like to have the disease and what it is like to love someone with it. PM me if you want to talk about this. I wont judge you and I may not cure you but I will help you as best as I can.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drmeathead said:
I have read alot on this disease. I just left a girl with it. I understand both her side and mine, meaning what it is like to have the disease and what it is like to love someone with it. PM me if you want to talk about this. I wont judge you and I may not cure you but I will help you as best as I can.

Ya....ummm your only a year late dude.

PIMP