Hair loss & testosterone.

2SLICK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats a good point, however I have had doctors tell me that it is indeed possible that lifting could affect hairloss. Yet no clear cut answer. Getting on meds like propecia will however keep your DHT level down no matter what.

Sometimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read somewhere that masturbation in exsessivly large amounts trigger hair loss.

I suppose that the extreme opposite would also result in hairloss?

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think that theres not such thing as real high levels of testesterone, bc your body will always control testesterone levels... for example if it goes really high, your body will decrease the production of testesterone, and if it goes really low it will produce more, and thats if your a healthy male (i assume you are).

but then if you take steroids which is testesterone your body has no way of controlling the levels, and thats when you suffer from hair loss, small balls, man boobs and all that nasty stuff....

showtime17

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does propecia or whatever also help stop hairloss or restore hair in the front as well? cause i read somewhere that rogaine usually only works for the crown and rarely for the front....

PS: i hope masturbation doesnt help hairloss

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look guys, the fact is if you are going to lose your hair its going to happen no matter if you jerk off a lot, or pump iron, or smoke weed, etc. etc! There are NO CURES, only a handful of drugs that MIGHT slow down the process. But in the end you WILL lose it unless hair cloning becomes a reality (and is affordable).

I've gone through these same thoughts over and over... I started losing my hair at 18 and its been a slow but steady process ever since. For a while it devastated my self esteem and confidence, but I've learned not to let it get me down anymore. I just accept it. Change is innevitable and no matter what anyone says there are plenty of women out there who like bald guys. The thing that will turn a woman off is a wussy guy who can't accept reality. Think about it, its the difference between George Costanza from Seinfeld and Vin Deisel.

So fvck it, lift if you want, jerk it if you want... just get on with life.

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been losing hair since i was 14, i am 17 now, i think im that one kid in a million that started losing hair at 14, so like FLY GUY said, it is inevitable, i mean i didnt lift weights back then.

And the funny thing i noticed is that EVERYTHING has a side effect, if u ****en eat too much cerial it might cause cancer LOL

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude...

If you're losing your hair, it's just more of a drive to get you to lift, bulk up, cut like a mutherfukker, and look giant.

Seriously, if you're any size at all, and semi-cut, and you shave your head bald, you'll look waaaay different, and much bigger. The site that really made me see this was

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/256beast.jsp

and I really took note. I looked at johnstone fitness, and many before and after photos, and you'll notice that the shorter the hair, the bigger you look.

I decided there that if I ever start losing hair, it's all coming off.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're losing your hair, it's just more of a drive to get you to lift, bulk up, cut like a mutherfukker, and look giant.

I decided there that if I ever start losing hair, it's all coming off.
Word.

My bro started losing his at 16 (it was VERY noticeable by then so he probably started losing it before that) which made me think about what I would do if I ever lost it.

I always saw bald men growing up in the 80s who would do comb-overs, or try the "ceasar" cut when they only had sparse covering of their scalp... and I would always ALWAYS think how lame and gross it looked even when I was a little kid! So I promised myself I would never do that, if I lost it I would shave it bald at the first sign.

So I did, and it was hard to make the transition at first because I didn't have the "tough guy" persona that seemed to fit with it. I made it much more difficult by fighting it. As soon as I accepted it things turned around BIG time.

I'd say I attract more women now than I did with hair because of my attitude and of course my image is different. Only thing is I seem to attract the girls that want a "bad boy" now :p

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i was 20 my receding hairline made me look older. Girls said I looked like I was 30, even though I couldn't even buy beer yet.

Fortunately now that I am 30, it hasn't gotten too much worse

I wish I had asked my dermatologist the question about lifting and hair loss last week. Not that I'm going to stop lifting now!

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DHT is not increased when you work out. Test converts to DHT, however, when you masturbate. There are things that prevent this process, like green tea, b-6, etc.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read recently that soy might inhibit DHT conversion as well.

More info on this would be greatly apppreciated. So if you play with yourself you lose your hair? Very interesting, could you post that source.

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Genetics
Testosterone
Stress

Those are the THREE ONLY things that make men go bald. All the rest is false. So feel free to wear a hat 24/7 it won't cause hairloss btw :)

Your teacher was right, but incomplete.

And by testosterone I don't think they mean 'if you masturbate alot', but simply 'if you are a man .. so have testosterone'. Because if you were to cut of your balls, you don't lose your hair ! So you DO have a choice :)

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
curious...

What can be done to lessen Testosterone? ... and if your hair is already thin and going bald, how do u reverse the process? I mean.... lets say you are like 30 and your hair is really thin & stuff... What can u do (besides for taking those medicines like propecia) to make ur hair grow back nicely? ... like... things u can DO, besides for take medicine for it. :confused:

Laterz...

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heard flaxseed oil might help (ingesting it that is)

Kiks

Reaction score
listen guys

listen
hey, I'm new around here... maybe I could share some information, right?

ok... here's what I do know about hair loss...

I've seen plenty of people claiming that high levels of testosterone causes hair loss. That's not true. In fact, free testosterone in blood stream is good for you unless you are transsexual.

ok, now let's talk about dht conversion...
First, you should now dht is a powerful hormone and is responsible for the secondary male characteristics... yeah dht is the one that enlarges penis, and even induce hair growth. We should know that there's nothing you can do like masturbating a lot in order to induce more dht production and having a bigger penis. Penis size is a genetic factor and depends on how many dht receptors you have in the penis. You are born with it.
The problem with dht begins right after puberty. The same hormone that we hailed in our teens becomes a problem in old ages. When there's nothing more to grow, excessive dht enlarges the prostate and promotes hair loss.

I'm not sure about the relationship between masturbation and hair loss... A lot of fake sites like herballove, action love claims that over-masturbation causes physical disorders and plays a role in hair loss... my personal opinion: they sell fake information in order to expose their products.

I would like to hear your opinion guys...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
strange...this post about high testosterone relating to baldness goes against everything i assumed about testosterone and hair growth.

IN the past i've always assumed that testosterone levels would have some relation to promoting hair growth. Hence why people would inject themselves with external sources of testosterone to prevent hair loss.

I_Only_Live_Once

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of web sites are only trying to sell a product so it's not that helpful sometimes reading those pages. On many webpages it says vitamins like Zinc are said to control the testosterone from turning into DHT.