Gym flirting

LoneRanger

Don Juan
Reaction score
I joined a gym two weeks ago and in the past few days noticed I've been getting the 2 second look from about 5 women.

They are either interested in me or amazed on how much I sweat. :crackup:

How do I casually approach one of these? ALL have HB7 HB9.

In this area where I live people can be a little stand off-ish and I don't want to do something that will cause a finger to hit the delete key on my membership.

Can someone suggest some very mild approaches?

BTW, all these women are on the walking/running machines and there are TV sets in front of all of us. I think I can use the remote control as an opening device somehow.

Often times the sets are tuned into the sports channels.

Last edited:

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't flirt in the gym, because alot of the guys that do, in my opinion, seem like douchebags. Just establish that eye contact and either hope they come up to you, or hope you run into them somewhere besides the gym. A girl who wants you to approach her will let you know it.

Alot of girls in the gym are in there for attention anyways and give off hints to alot of guys.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree with Speed Dawg. The last thing you want is to get the label of "creepy". Eye contact...smile...polite "hi". And leave it at that. They will either approach you in the gym or will recognize you outside the gym.

Max Power

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, if you get blown out by all these women and they're there regularly, going to the gym ain't gonna be that fun.

LoneRanger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent.

I'll just play it cool, then, and see what happens.

Two were about to approach me last week but I haven't seen them since. Both are the aerobics instructors (one focuses on butts and legs) that used to live near my neighborhood when I was a kid. Next time I'll just say a "Hi" and smile to encourage them.

Nelford

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a personal trainer at a gym where there are HB8-10s and I tell you first hand most of the guys are blood hounds in the gym that I work at and the girls seem like they are bothered by the guys always hitting on them. If they see you enough they will start to smile and then hi and that's when you got the green light.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The gym is the perfect environment for sexual equalization from a physical standpoint. In a club or at a party or any other social gathering our masks are on, we can hide deficits more easily with clothing, our inhibitions may be altered due to alcohol, etc. But in the gym all of that is out the window. Oh, women attempt to hide their fat butts with sweat shirts tied around their waists, but everyone is sober - in fact we're in a better than normal state of awareness from the exercise - both sex's physical deficits and assets are out in the open. It's social Darwinism at its finest and both strive for attention in some form or another. Guys can only rely on their physical presence & prowess to impress since there's generally no way to judge a man's social-economic status in the gym. Women are stripped to a primal physical competition where they're judged on their physical form which is men's primary criteria for mate selection. This is why you commonly hear women complain about 'hating' going to the gym and why female specific gyms are profitable; it has less to do with the actual exercise and more to do with an inability to cope with the intense competition present on a level that most are unacustomed to in other social environments. This is why there is such a market for 'women' only health clubs (such as Curves), in fact I've yet to encounter a men's only gym and I'd speculate that this is due to men experiencing far less intimidation in a gym setting.

lookyoung

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
The gym is the perfect environment for sexual equalization from a physical standpoint. In a club or at a party or any other social gathering our masks are on, we can hide deficits more easily with clothing, our inhibitions may be altered due to alcohol, etc. But in the gym all of that is out the window. Oh, women attempt to hide their fat butts with sweat shirts tied around their waists, but everyone is sober - in fact we're in a better than normal state of awareness from the exercise - both sex's physical deficits and assets are out in the open. It's social Darwinism at its finest and both strive for attention in some form or another. Guys can only rely on their physical presence & prowess to impress since there's generally no way to judge a man's social-economic status in the gym. Women are stripped to a primal physical competition where they're judged on their physical form which is men's primary criteria for mate selection. This is why you commonly hear women complain about 'hating' going to the gym and why female specific gyms are profitable; it has less to do with the actual exercise and more to do with an inability to cope with the intense competition present on a level that most are unacustomed to in other social environments. This is why there is such a market for 'women' only health clubs (such as Curves), in fact I've yet to encounter a men's only gym and I'd speculate that this is due to men experiencing far less intimidation in a gym setting.
I agree with this post 100%.:up:

To all the guys that say talking to girls in the gym is creepy and stupid, I have to disagree with that. I have never been one to approach girls in the gym yet I see many men do it, and some appear to hold nice convos with woman. I feel that an approach at the gym has a much higher level of success than a coldapproach on the street if the girl as seen you a few times. They at least know your not a bum and there comfort level will at least get your foot in the door.

That being said I have dated a few girls that go to the gym everyday and watch what they eat like they are training for a mrs america pagent and I find that kind of annoying.

Last edited:

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lookyoung said:
I agree with this post 100%.:up:

To all the guys that say talking to girls in the gym is creepy and stupid, I have to disagree with that. I have never been one to approach girls in the gym yet I see many man do it. And some appear to hold nice convos with woman. I feel that an approach at the gym has a much higher level of success than a coldapproach on the street if the girl as seen you a few times. They at least know your not a bum and there comfort level will at least get your foot in the door.

That being said I have dated a few girls that go to the gym everyday and watch what they eat like they are training for a mrs america pagent and I find that kind of annoying.
Like the OP, I work out routinely at a gym and notice some pretty cute girls giving me the look. I never approach at the gym, however since I have to go back day in and day out. I agree with what I quoted; it is much easier to make other approaches when compared to gym ones.

I agree with the OP on how he'll do it. Play it cool and see how simple 'hi's go if anything progresses. One thing i've found in my area is that when I go out, girls from the gym will approach me and say they remember me from the gym. Those girls that are giving you that look are definatly in to you, its just a matter of making that contact and moving on from there.

Lemme know how it goes for you. I could use the tips :)

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im telling ya, master the art of the being the upbeat friendly guy (not abnoxious or annoying - just upbeat and friendly).

dont go out of your way to talk to anyone, but when you cross someones path be friendly.

you will be AMAZED at how when you project a welcoming and open demeanor how the women who are interested in you will make you very aware that they are interested - you'll start getting smiles all the time, eye contact, etc.

I dont know why, but everyone is always asking about "hey guys, whats the best way to catch a fish. should i get one of those sonar machines?"

whereas the way I think is 'the best way to catch a fish is to get it to jump into your boat!" - i mean, sh*t, it don't get any easier than that!

Get your LIFE groove on and the women who are interested in you will go out of their way to cross your path.

good luck man.

cedd

Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneRanger said:
Go to her with your heavy weights, say 'Hi' and ask her to keep them till you come back from the bathroom...:D

cheers

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found pumping Iron and other individual activities pretty useless,but group work outs in the Afternoon....Yes rather like the Weather here at the moment Mellow and fruitful...You get to talk to one and you will find that the girls usually go for coffee afterwards,tag along,like shooting Fish in a barrel,but compared to dancing well!!!!

Reaction score
I keep seeing this awesome hottie when I go to the gym @ 6am. She sat next to a machine I was using and I just smiled and said "hello how are you?". Then I saw her leaving the gym another day and I opened the door for her.

Then today I just started my workout, and she came right in front of me and got on all fours and did pushups right in front of me, and then she left. You can imagine what was going through my head when she was doing that.

I think I might have to try and sarge this one.

Ballie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been going to gym for about a year now and have basically not tried to pick any one up at the gym. But as per real life they will approach you if they interested. Now that I have lost my beer paunch they are becoming more friendlier and will talk to you at pubs etc. It seems to be incredibly attractive to them to find an older man with a athletic figure as most guys my age are obese.
The other day, this absolute hot blond in her early twenties started a conversation with me by saying "Hi seen you at gym".
My advice is be polite and friendly and if they interested they will find a way of getting to now you, the modern woman is not shy to get who she wants.

thisishowitis

Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
im telling ya, master the art of the being the upbeat friendly guy (not abnoxious or annoying - just upbeat and friendly).

dont go out of your way to talk to anyone, but when you cross someones path be friendly.

you will be AMAZED at how when you project a welcoming and open demeanor how the women who are interested in you will make you very aware that they are interested - you'll start getting smiles all the time, eye contact, etc.

I dont know why, but everyone is always asking about "hey guys, whats the best way to catch a fish. should i get one of those sonar machines?"

whereas the way I think is 'the best way to catch a fish is to get it to jump into your boat!" - i mean, sh*t, it don't get any easier than that!

Get your LIFE groove on and the women who are interested in you will go out of their way to cross your path.

good luck man.
That's good advice!

thisishowitis

Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneRanger said:
I joined a gym two weeks ago and in the past few days noticed I've been getting the 2 second look from about 5 women.

In this area where I live people can be a little stand off-ish and I don't want to do something that will cause a finger to hit the delete key on my membership.

Can someone suggest some very mild approaches?

BTW, all these women are on the walking/running machines and there are TV sets in front of all of us. I think I can use the remote control as an opening device somehow.

Often times the sets are tuned into the sports channels.
Why didn't you say anything to them? It looked like you wanted to. Since you didn't speak to them you must be scared. You have to internalize that no-one will ever be mad at you for being friendly and saying hi.

It seems like you're paranoid. You're worried about the gym deleting your membership because of talking to a girl? Talking to a ****ing girl? Like that is evil or something? Get rid of those negative, retarded thoughts and realize that just because a human being looks nice and has a vagina, doesn't mean she's anything other than a human being.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonS said:
Use the gym to increase your perceived value, but do not game any women. They'll find you outside the gym.
has this worked for you in the past?

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Each person will have their own way of doing things in the gym. I go hella early in the morning, so for me there are less women anyway. I think there are a few high school girls, and that's about it. I rarely see anyone in the 20's+ area, unless they are all doing cardio and I am just not in that area.

I do however notice the girls at the counter when you walk in. They seem to be there everyday. Some will even remember you by name. Now they do that to many members, but not all. So it's good if your name sticks with them. At least they will already know your name.

I've noticed a girl give me the 2 second stare as I leave. She isn't there all of the time, but I have seen her 2x in about a week. She's never said my name till last week, and in fact that's the first time I think she was there when I punched my number in. I may give that one a try, who knows.

There is also this sexy lifeguard, and since I dont go there to swim, I might have to one day, pull the Sandlot scene and drown, so she can jump in and give me mouth to mouth :D

Of course if it goes South, she'll be pissed cause she got all wet. And if it did, at least I can leave the day with a picture of a wet hot lifeguard in my mind :up:

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
are you guys going to the gym to get your pump on or a hard on? cmon fellas dont hit on the ladies at the gym. be polite be friendly just as though she were a dude or a fat chick. dont creep them out, dont be that guy. besides ****ting wher you eat you then are known as the creepy guy at the gym. the girls at the gym probably all run in their own circles so guess what you just became the creepy guy from the gym to about 50 chicks.

my advice, go lift your weights and smile politely. speak if spoken to. put some head phones and lift and focus on that and totally act like yuo dont give a **** that some HB9 is looking hot yet ridculous trying to run on a treadmill or benching with 8 pound dbs.

like many of the other posters said...if they like you they let you know it OUT SIDE of the gym. i cant tell yuo how many girls have talked to me at the bar after a few cosmos saying things like "i see you at the gym. why dont you say hi" it drives them nuts and makes thme think you anrent intersted...driving up your value.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone else's gym like a 20:1 male:female ratio?

I hardly ever see girls worth approaching at my gym.

The last girl I saw worth approaching took too long on the treadmill and I had to be somewhere. Never seen her before.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of girls that come to my gym actually come with boyfriends. That kind of sucks and is a headache in terms of approaching. You have to have some respect for a gym-rat and his gf, 'less you wanna get in tiff in an overly hyper-testosteroned environment.