Gym flirting

LoneRanger

Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason I no longer get email notifications from this site. When a reply is made to a thread I subscribe to I don't know about it. :(

Anyone know why?

I have a GF now and she is pretty nice.

I've intentionally haven't made connections at the gym despite being there almost every day but am getting 2 second looks from several of the women there. I don't talk to anyone and listen to music in the headphones.

I am sort of a "mystery man" there, not interested in any of the cliques and am betting the interest level of some of the women is getting pretty high.

I'll post if anything happens.

Last edited:

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wjh said:
Anyone else's gym like a 20:1 male:female ratio?

I hardly ever see girls worth approaching at my gym.

The last girl I saw worth approaching took too long on the treadmill and I had to be somewhere. Never seen her before.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of girls that come to my gym actually come with boyfriends. That kind of sucks and is a headache in terms of approaching. You have to have some respect for a gym-rat and his gf, 'less you wanna get in tiff in an overly hyper-testosteroned environment.
No, Mine is realistically like 4:1 female:male ratio. I wouldn't call it a 'hardcore' gym, but I can do every routine I need to. Plus its close to home. Of course at a gym like yours , I can't see a women wanting to go without a boyfriend considering the ratio you mentioned. Talk to most hot girls; they really don't like being approached by 90% of the sketchy guys they run into. For them, its a chore to deal with them. I can't imagine it'd be any better at a gym where everyone is on a testosterone high!

I agree with drmeathead, the gym is business first and foremost. On one hand, I don't want to be the type that doesn't explore every opportunity available. There are instances where I am 99% sure that some chick is giving me 'the look'. However, I am all business at the gym and don't approach.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
...in fact I've yet to encounter a men's only gym and I'd speculate that this is due to men experiencing far less intimidation in a gym setting.
Ive been to a few. I used to work out at this gym in Vermont that was basically a Man's club. Rusty weights, hard music, stone-age equipment and guys who were serious about getting strong. Not the bodybuilder-image types, but guys who truly wanted to be bull-strong and train hard. It was a great place and I got some good work done there...but on the flip side it did get boring sometimes with no fine women to look at.

Gyms are very much an alpha-beta environment, Ive noticed. The bigger, stronger guys get automatic respect, and the others just sorta do their thing and dont step on any toes. I think with women it's even more intense, but in more of a subtle way. The hottest chicks command the attention and get the attention.

But I agree with the others, dont pick up girls at the gym unless you are approached or it is done outside the club. If it flops you still have to see them and going to the gym will become awkward.