Guys who are in their 30's

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edmond said:
Who the hell are you, Suicidal Sid, you sound like you already have one foot in the grave? I am over 41 years old and I am stronger, better looking and better dressed than all the younger guys I see around me who look like a pack of withered wet rats. What has age got to do with anything?
Because I am NUMBER 1:up:
You sure inspire us all! (I'm 36)

Ever seen that Bowflex commercial where some 60 year old guy looks like an athlete. Thats what I want to be when I hit that age.

Look at dating guru David X whose in his 50's and he's still screwing younger women.

(Nope. I refuse to put my foot in the grave. Listens to Edmund)

Downlow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Code:
I went to grad school and am surrounded by younger women. I went out with one of them last night.
heh, that's a good answer!
In my opinion, i think a good way to feel young (or at least feel comfortable with my age) is to go out and do interesting social activities. By that I mean things even such as classes, or just participating in activities you are genuinely interested in. i find that just meeting interesting new people of all ages and walks of life makes me feel generally a more positve person. i agree with westcoast, that generally having a good social circle makes a big diffrence, especially when you have to move town..

Rphobe

Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
when you look at folks who are having a hard time in their 40s, its usually because theyve doen things in reverse:

1) women
2) physical health
3) money
4) career

and the irony is that when you put women first they will usually detract and damage 2,3 and 4 in the long run
Yeah but the problem is without a woman in your life you have less drive and motivation for you career, anyone who says they don't is kidding themselves.

Lastly we don't all luck out or are gifted with ability to make lots of money.

newbie81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rphobe said:
Yeah but the problem is without a woman in your life you have less drive and motivation for you career, anyone who says they don't is kidding themselves.

Lastly we don't all luck out or are gifted with ability to make lots of money.
This sort of thinking will get YOU nowhere in life.

Your motivation should not be a woman, your motivation should be your advantage.

Training = to be healthy
Carreer = to have money
Business = to be your own boss & work your own hours
Money = to get a better lifestyle: health, home, travelling, education, ...

Women is the byproduct of all of this, not the motivation.

You do not need luck to make money, you need motivation. If you do not have the ability to make money, well that should be your first goal: get the ability, get the knowledge.

On-topic:
I for myself am 25years old. The way I look at it, things will only get better the next 10years: carreer, business, investments, getting my own place, travelling, personal improvement through self-study, training, health,...

Nobody gave me money, nobody helped me in anything at all. I will get it, because I want it for myself : not for status, not for fame, not to please other people, not for women, but for myself. Freedom is the most important thing for a Man, I'm already free as a bachelor, I can achieve even more freedom by achieving the goals I have set.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
newbie81 said:
Women is the byproduct of all of this, not the motivation.
This deserved emphasis.

wrender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rphobe
I completely agree with what newbie81 said. I used to think like Rphobe and I can tell you first had that my life changed soon after I got rid of this type of thinking. Drive and motivation absolutely must be there independent on your desire for women . You'll notice yourself being less and less concerned with women and more conerned with yourself. You'll achieve goals you thought were once impossible. Before you know it, you'll be where you want to be in life, and have alot more confidence. Also, with the realization that womne are not the most important thing in life, your relationships with them will improve.

Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
for the younger guys reading this, if theres one piece of advice i can give, its take care of your career and your money. learn how to master these things and whatever happens with the other areas of your life, you will grow stronger as you get older.

im still in my early 30s and have over 6 figures saved up. i gotta tell you, nothing feels better than coming home from work and knowing that you actually made more money off the stock market that day than you did working. I have 2 jobs. one is the one where i go to work and make a good buck. my other job i dont work, my money works for me. i mean, think about it, if you save up enough to where your money is making you money its like life giving you a slave who goes and works all day long and gives you all the money they earn. haha.

people say money isnt the key to happiness, and i agree, but let me tell you, its definitely a part of having options in life. a nice big bank account relieves a tremendous amount of stress and gives you room to evolve as a human being.

priorities in life should be:
1) your career
2) your money
3) your physical health
4) women

and the irony to this is, the more you take care of #1, the easier it will be to take care of 2, 3 and 4.
Absolutely! right on joekerr31. And to add to this remember that no matter what happens if something bad happens with you and your girl you'll be on your own again. So take care of yourself first, you are the only one who will.

ADKdj