Guitar DJ tips

Mr Spitfire

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a guitarDJ

its called guitarLOSER.

I never played guitar to get girls and I never will. I have seen too many really really good guitarists that are total assclowns with girls but think their "Magical" skills will win a girl over eventually.

sad

Snowyk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not the actual act of guitar playing, Its the putting of passion and time and interest into something that isnt sex related.

It's demonstrating that you have a life, made up of other bits and pieces.

I've seen some of the guys you are talking about though. The ones that will sit down and actually write a girl a song hoping it will get them laid.
Its sad.

Music is part of my life. If a gal takes an intrest, good on her, Ill teach her a bit and play with it. It's not a pickup technique though

afc begone

Reaction score
I agree guitar players shouldn't practice guitar for the sole purpose of trying to net chicks. However, it's a positive thing if you play guitar for the sake of playing guitar. If a girl is attracted because you play guitar or because you have a passion, that's great and legit.

the12thplanet

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree, im really sick of all these "learn guitar to impress girls" thread thats just stupid and shows insecurity. i spend most of my days on guitar but thats out of a love for music, not pvssy. now of course theres nothing wrong with impressing girls with your skills but that really shouldnt be your motivation. work hard on whatever you have a passion for, not what you think girls will like.

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of women that were attracted to Jimi Hendrix said that because he would rather play guitar than fvck them it made them more attracted to him.

Personally, I hate playing in front of people. I get nervous and it's not as fun. I like it much better when I am playing guitar with no one else listening. And I definitely wouldn't play for a girl I don't even know.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Spitfire
There is no such thing as a guitarDJ

its called guitarLOSER.

I never played guitar to get girls and I never will. I have seen too many really really good guitarists that are total assclowns with girls but think their "Magical" skills will win a girl over eventually.

sad
You're missing the point. If you can use something as a prop when the time is right, why not? What part of "don't start learning just to get girls" wasn't clear?

By the way, random gratitious hating makes people seem bitter... now THAT is sad.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, you're one of the losers who replies to threads he doesn't agree with, saying "you're all losers for not thinking like me".
Or one of the losers who starts threads saying "this other thread sucks".

Grow up.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, this shouldn't turn into a flame war

I've known since I was 5 years old that I would play the guitar when I got old enough. Girls had nothing to do with playing. As a matter of fact, one of my ex-girlfriends hated the fact that I'd ignore her in the presence of a nice guitar. She hated it in a good way, that is.

Earlier today, I played guitar for an audience of maybe 15 relatives. Definitely not to pick up chicks.

But has it gotten me chicks?

It sure has

It's no mystery that so many girls dig a guy who can play guitar. They also hate guy who plays guitar to get chicks. That's transparent. If you are not very, play only very poppy songs, and only feel the urge to play the guitar when you know girls are watching then you're wasting your time.

But if you get good, because you enjoy, then you will impress girls without trying. What could be better? It's like any hobby - excel at something, and some girl somewhere will find it enjoyable. Sure, it's easy enough to snag girls if you're a good guitar player or athlete, but how many of you would believe that I got a girl who to come over to my place to see the C++ code that I had written to program a video game? You're crazy if you think I was doing that for chicks. Life never ceases to amaze me.

So I play guitar, and it's obvious when people come over and my guitar is sitting on my bed next to a pile of sheet music. A girl came over to hang out with me and some friends, and when she saw me putting it away she begged me to play her just one song. I was reluctant, but I love playing songs so I did. She was practically fondling me before I was done. Seeing this, my friends excused themselves, and stopped fingering my guitar chords in favor of other distractions.

Another time a girl found out I play (I didn't announce the fact) and she showed me her $2000 guitar she didn't know how to play. "Bring it over on Thursday," I told her, "and I'll teach you song or two... but you gotta bring me something" She brought me chinese takeout, and it was as fun of a date as I've ever had. She ended up in my lap with my arms around her showing how to do it right. Then she put the guitar down...

I played guitar for 2 years before it ever got me a girl, but to this day I've still never gone out of my way to use it to get me a girl. Quite frankly, I enjoy the company of a guitar over the company of many people. That is precisely why it works for me

BrotherAP :D

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MacDiddy
Kiss me by Six Pence None the Whatever is probably one of the easiest songs to teach a newbie.

Note the subtle reference...
Now that you mention it, the only reason I know that song is because a girl taught it to me. Yes, I kissed her. Make that girl #3 I can think that a guitar helped me get.

chili kat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been playing for over 17 years and I've worked in the industry, met a lot of people and have seen it all at a lot of different levels. The bottom line is this:

Just about everyone starts playing because they like the idea of being able to play. I've never met anyone that picked up an instrument for the sole reason of getting laid. If you cannot be a functional part of the music community and actually mold a talent that takes years to do, you're wasting your time.

On the other hand, after you've spent years and years in music spending all of your money, getting ripped off by managers, sharing a small sh*thole with 5 other guys while you're "touring" and generally going through all the shallow BS of the industry, hearing someone say they do it all for the love of music is laughable. It's like someone saying he joined the Army just to see exotic places as he goes from one third world, malaria infestied, STD rampant, sh*t hole after another.

When they say sex drugs and rock and roll, what they really mean is a lot of sex and drugs is what gets you through playing rock and roll. So if you want a lot of pvssy from playing music, get ready to deal with a lot of BS too, because "the biz" is geared up to take advantage (rape) unsigned "talents" that don't have an entertainment laywer attached at the hip.

Don't get me wrong, it can be a sh*t load of fun at times, but it takes a lot of dedication and tolerance. Pvssy isn't a bonus. It's a tradeoff.

ianlove

Don Juan
Reaction score
woah! woah! woah!

Earlier thread...page 1...one of the first few replies.

Did I hear someone dis my Squier?

B to the ring it b1tch

lol

;)

Mjfan12

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just want to expand my horizons, add another level of depth to myself. Start a new hobby. etc.

I got an acoustic guitar when i was 8, but my dad hated it, so i got rid of it. I forgot all about it, but I recently got the itch to get a guitar and learn how to play.

its always good to get into new hobbies, learn new things, gain experiences, etc.

People like others who have things to do. who are "deep"

Girls are not my main purpose, but if it adds another likeability factor to me, then great, whatever. It cool to use it as a prop .

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To Chili Kat:

Whoa now! Not everyone who plays guitar wants to work 'in the industry'. I do it for the love of music, and that's why I will never try to make a living off my guitar playing. I don't want to deal with the politics of the entertainment industry.

Guitar playing, for me anyway, is 100% fun! Therefore, the girls are a bonus and not a tradeoff.

I love guitar, AND it gets my girls! Awesome!

Quote ianlove
Did I hear someone dis my Squier?

Dude, Squier sucks! Don't get me wrong, it's what I play because I can't afford better at the moment... but it sounds like total junk.

Quote Mjfan
Girls are not my main purpose, but if it adds another likeability factor to me, then great, whatever. It cool to use it as a prop .

Exactly! I love to play guitar, whether or not it gets me women - but if I know I can use it to get me a girl, you're damn right I'm going to!

-The Don Juan Pick Up Artist *Rockstar*-

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paste in notepad:

I often play this one with a big smile. =)

2x
e---2---2---2---2-|-----------2-----|
B---3---3---3---3-|---2---2---3-----|
G---2---2---2---2-|---2---2---2-----|
D-0-------0-------|---2---2-0-------|
A-----0-------0---|-0-----------0---|
E-----------------|-----0-----------|

Palm mute all chords with the right hand.

Or super mario - pretty hard to play for a beginner though.

Fig 1.

e-----------------------------||------------------------
B--17-17-17.--14-17-20.-------||*--13.---------12.11.10.
G-------------------------12.-||------12.---14.---------
D-----------------------------||---------14.------------
A-----------------------------||*-----------------------
E-----------------------------||------------------------

e-----12.-15.17.-13.-15.-12.-------------||
B----------------------------13.15.--12.*||
G--12.-----------------------------------||
D----------------------------------------||
A---------------------------------------*||
E----------------------------------------||

. = staccato

Fig 2

e----15-14-13-11-12------------------------15-14-13-11-12---20--20-20-
B---------------------------13------13-15-----------------------------
G---------------------13-14------14-----------------------------------
D---------------------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------------------------------
E-8-------------------------------------------------------------------

e----15-14-13-11-12---------------------------------------------------
B---------------------------13------13-15---16-----15-----13----------
G---------------------13-14------14-----------------------------------
D---------------------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------------------------------
E-8-------------------------------------------------------------------

Fig 3

e-----------------12.----------------------------12.--
B--13-13--13--15.----13.--------13-13--13--13-15------
G-----------------------14-12-------------------------
D-----------------------------------------------------
A-----------------------------------------------------
E-----------------------------------------------------

e----------------12.---------------------------------
B--13-13--13--15.---13.------Jump to fig 1-----------
G----------------------14-12-----then play fig4------
D----------------------------------------------------
A----------------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------------

Fig 4

e--12----------------13-13.----------17--17-1715-13-12-----------
B-----13.-----------------------12---------------------13--------
G--------12---13--14-------14-----------------------------14-12--
D----------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------------------------

e--12----------------13-13.---------15--15-15--13-12------
B-----13.-----------------------12-------------------13~--
G--------12---13--14-------14-----------------------------
D---------------------------------------------------------
A---------------------------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------------------------
repreat fig 4 or just end

Always popular at parties. ;)

sensefull

Don Juan
Reaction score
do you guys actually read music, or just read tabs?

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Spitfire

I never played guitar to get girls and I never will.
you will never play guitar or you will never play guitar to get girls?

i never did it for girls, or attention. i just enjoyed it.

i also never really got girls because of it. i dont go out to the park to play, i mostly keep it in the house.