Guitar DJ tips

System

Reaction score
Great topic. I play guitar ( non-professional, hobby only) and do it for my own pleasure. Like they say, "You can't dance mad," and so you can't play mad either. Great daily stress reliver to turn up the amp and rock out or do an acoustic jam. Actually I'm gearing up to jam with a couple bands and explore the fun side of that avenue.

Back on topic, it, just like any other single method or "routine" will not get you laid, it is just a layer of your personality along with any other skill you have competence in.....great job, great friends/family, etc. You don't sarge a chick ( in a room with friends or on the "street,") run an opener and **** your game by TRYING to play her a song. If she notices the instrument in the room or if a wing mentions you play, ever so slightly acknowledge it and move on like it's no big deal. She ( in my experience,) will want you to play her a song ( for her to gain control, supplicate you, etc.) and any AFC would go "okay, do you know this "I Worship You" ballad, I'll play it for you. Use it to your advantage, where later on you end up playing, or she comes to your place and again requests you to play, but don't play to her. Learn an easy popular song currently on the radio ( boy band songs are great,) that she would know ( learned during her qualifing session,) and have her sing it to you. Unless she is drunk or an accomplished singer ( or anything along those lines,) she won't want to sing it, so you take guitar away and freeze her/move on. She then still wants you to jump through her hoop which is not going to happen, but only if she jumps through yours first/with you. To me, a guy who can't sing, vocal singing is harder to do than plucking some strings. She is lower value, you are higher value......etc.

Example, my bud was having a party at his place ( where I also currently reside,) and I've got my guitars setup in the "finished" basement, where we were watching movies, playing pool etc. A couple people ( guys, married chyks) and I blew it off just cause the situation wasn't right, it would have felt forced. So later that night, the party thinned out, only my buddy and his "girl" were there. They were upstairs foolin' around, whatever so I went downstairs and started playing some songs real low key as to not draw attention, I really was just playing to relax and go to sleep. So a couple minutes later, they come down and my bud is talking me up like I'm SRV ( I'm nowhere near that,) and she wants me to play. So I say, what do you know ( I know...suplication, working on it.) She says the usual.."I don't know," so I said " Well, I'm gonna play what I like and if you're cool enough, you might know them, ( I should start with something like that.) So I played ( no singing,) some non-sexual rock stuff STP, Black Crowes, etc. My buddy cuts in with "System, you've gotta play that Kiss song, she loves Kiss. You know, that one you were playing the other night, but like the acoustic version." Blah, blah, she says, "play me that song." I said," I can play it, but you have to sing it," to which she playfully declined. So I played something else I know and moved on. she interrupted, begging me to play that song.....and okay, she will sing it. So I played, she sang ( awful,) everybody laughed, enjoyed the moment. Since it's my bud's girl, it was just another experiment, I would have gone for some touching/kiss etc if she were my target and the situation was right. The Kiss song was " LICK IT UP." Would of been great for some push-pull where I could say..."whoah, you're coming on strong with that song, we need to slow down and get some space, etc."

I didn't force the situation, it just developed and I was experimenting with the correct control for the set. Did not do everything right, but learned alot. Great night.

I'm no DJpro, recovering AFC, please inform me if i'm mistaken.

System

Last edited:

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote ianlove
Did I hear someone dis my Squier?

Dude, Squier sucks! Don't get me wrong, it's what I play because I can't afford better at the moment... but it sounds like total junk.

-The Don Juan Pick Up Artist *Rockstar*- [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually I have a couple of electrics and found a $99 Squier one time with the lowest action ever. It is actually what I enjoy playing the most since I can shred on it.

And with a good amp, any guitar can sound fine. The amp and effects make a bigger difference than the guitar if you know what you are doing (and it isn't a crappy signal processing unit or amp).

But then again I only play tube amps now for the clean sound and get quality effects devices. (There are a lot of crappy effects devices out there).

Dante1a

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really want to build a connection with a women, after playing a song for everyone, get her to come sit next to you. You face her and find a song you both know. (Preferably a slow, beautiful song.)

Play and have her sing with you. It will be very quiet (the song). Keep consistent eye contact with her while singing. This gets very sexually charged. Also, it will drown out everyone else in the room.

Has anyone used things like a pendelum with a girl?

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha, funny thread, being I just got my first guitar for christmas. Yup, it's a squire, and a fender amp.

I've been playing and reading music all my life (Drum set and classical percussion) so reading music isn't any strech for me. It's actually coming pretty easily.