Girls approaching guys

thickandcreamy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the shiznit!

Your confidence and enthusiasm are appreciated. Ebonics definitely went out in the '80's though.

datsexynigga2009 said:
Girls dont approach guys cuz their puzzys,thats why they have a puzzy their puzzys!

And oh yeah hoes approach me ALL the time!

thickandcreamy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you definitely must be quoting the book that was just released: 'things that losers say.' These ridiculous rationalizations that guys come up with out of jealousy and low self esteem are just stupid. I can say this for sure: the sosuave method must be to call a girl a ho if they show interest in another man.

Obsidian said:
Imo, tho, girls that approach you are most likely hors who aren't worth getting involved with. Ahhh...the terrible paradoxes of life.

Basically, it takes manliness to approach someone. You don't want a manly woman.

DJStrawberry

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have girls open me at bars. It usually happens as I order a drink, make brief/friendly eye contact, and shoot a smile. I have long surferish hair and it makes me stand out/is a easy conversation starter for a girl to talk about or just jump right into the kino with the mop touching. (grow your hair out fellas, it's the ****).

In terms of day game, I've been approached but it is usually by a girl with her friends or she will send a friend to come talk to me. I had a girl send her sister to talk to me while I was working at Best Buy. She said she wanted me to meet her little sister and go on a date with her. I was also approached at a baseball game by a girl's friend asking me to meet her friend that thought I was cute as she saw me sitting in the bleachers.

Ryan69

Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean I'm a good looking guy. I get looks from women all the time, but I've never been anywhere and had a girl that's a total stranger just walk up to me and start a conversation. I've never even seen a woman do that to any other guy. Are most of these guys lying, or are they just "lucky"?

Go into a bar(Not a dance club) sit with beer in hand and watch a sporting event or something on TV. If it's pretty busy with single chicks and you don't look like the type who should be sitting by himself(not creepy) you will get approached a ton

thickandcreamy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, no one mentions how frequently. Does this happen once in a lifetime, once a week, several times a week, several times a night?

DJStrawberry said:
I have girls open me at bars. It usually happens as I order a drink, make brief/friendly eye contact, and shoot a smile. I have long surferish hair and it makes me stand out/is a easy conversation starter for a girl to talk about or just jump right into the kino with the mop touching. (grow your hair out fellas, it's the ****).

In terms of day game, I've been approached but it is usually by a girl with her friends or she will send a friend to come talk to me. I had a girl send her sister to talk to me while I was working at Best Buy. She said she wanted me to meet her little sister and go on a date with her. I was also approached at a baseball game by a girl's friend asking me to meet her friend that thought I was cute as she saw me sitting in the bleachers.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flnazrael said:
I'm a good looking guy, too. It's only happened to me a couple of times, and neither of them resulted in anything because I just wasn't interested.

My experience has also been that the fat and/or ugly girls are just the most aggressive in general. They're either more desperate, or more confident. Don't know. But it's sad.
That's odd. Not often, but sometimes women approach me. With one exception, it seemed that all the girls who approached me were attractive, or at least seemed that way to me.

Except for one time, fat and ugly women have never approached me, ever. It seems that the only ones who have the guts to approach me are attractive.

Also, every single time was in a bar or club type setting. It has never happened anywhere else.

However, alcohol loosens people up. So it might mean that people may be more likely to say and do things they don't normally say and do. But it can also mean that people are more likely not to hold in feelings that they'd normally hold in.

When women have approached me in bars and clubs, I feel more hopeful. They may not do that in other places, but their feelings are the same.

Now to see if I can somehow avoid messing it up the next time it happens. No, I don't mean they hate me at the end of the night. But I do mean that the encounters don't seem to end with a desirable conclusion.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thickandcreamy, i'm amazed at how ignorant you can make yourself appear with each successive posting. Try getting out in the real world and actually learning a little bit from experience. Maybe you'll eventually understand what I'm talking about.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They approach me at least on a weekly.I think it's the vibe you give off..

Jizzee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had this happen to me twice, always when im with a group of friends, and she was always with friends....I believe that the key to getting this is by just showing that your enjoying urself with ur buddies, and that your cool and approachable! I didnt get numbers, but had a conversation, still, its all experience and I learnt from it...which is the most important thing

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I get approached pretty often! At school, church, amusement parks, baseball games... Girls looking for me and finding me on myspace after just seeing me for the first time (They didn't have the guts to approach in this case).. etc...

My brother, who is better looking than I am gets approached a bit more than me! Many girls initiate contact with him, but since his personality is really boring, most girls lose interest in him as soon as he opens his mouth... I have tried to help him, but he doesn't care.. He has a girlfriend who he is in an LTR with and wants to marry someday (I'm thinking AFC).. It's a shame that a guy with the looks doesn't use it to his advantage! Oh, and his girlfriend really is a 6 at best! But he's happy... so I mean.. whatever!

I still get surprised by girls approaching me! When I was in Jr-High, I was such a nerd! I never got approached! I was the kid that girls would not pay much attention to in a group setting. It seemed that nobody cared what I had to say.

It's not that I was ugly or anything. I wasn't. But my dressing/hair style was horrible! I actually wore thrift-store clothes and had my hair slicked to the side with a comb!! Oh my God! I had terrible social skills! I was a follower who would follow people and didn't have his own identity!

I look at picture of me before and I laugh at how different I look from now! I hide my pictures so no visitors will look through the album and see what a loser I looked like.

People are so shallow! Before, when I moved to a new school, nobody would approach me (back in the nerdy days)... Now that I have improved so much, I get approached very often and people listen to what I have to say, and they don't ever make fun of my opinions unlike before, when people would just make fun of what I had to say.

The insecurity of my past still bothers me... Like when a girl will compliment my dress style, I will sometimes think she's being sarcastic and making fun of me.. Then I snap out of it and actually accept the compliment for what it is!

I actually like women who do the approaching, because they are more confident than those women who just sit around...

Having a girl ask for my number though.. That has only happened a few times! Most of the time they will drop very obvious tips like playing with their cell phone around you.. Showing you pictures they took on their phones.. etc..

Alright, that's enough rambling for one reply.. hehe

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1 out of 4 trips to the bar, I am "approached" by a woman. In other words she will come up to me and talk to me. I don't get out like I should, I don't go to parties, I don't have many friends... I'm trying to work on that. I'm basically starting from scratch after getting over social phobias. Anyways I go to bars and every 3rd or 4th time I go, an average looking woman will approach me. I noticed when I am alone, or kinda away from my friends, that's when women approach me. They will not approach me when I'm talking to my friends, though that did happen one time. FWIW I get 7-7.5 ratings on hotornot.com but I'm not so sure it's reliable.

Bars are the only time I get approached. When out in public or stores, etc, I don't get approached. I'm sure there are guys who will say every time they go out they get approached, I think a lot ofthese are guys being keyboard jockeys.

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thickandcreamy said:
OK, at least you are specific. I wouldn't say this is a lot though. I would say 4X a night or more every night is "alot."

Are you kidding me? Unless you're a pimp guy in college, this is A LOT. If you go to your job full of fat ugly 40+ year olds and go home and go out hang out with buddies on weekends, this is A LOT.

So it also depends on how much you put yourself in the position.

coco99

Don Juan
Reaction score
my last gf who i was with for 3 years approached me through her friend. i was at a club minding my own when her friend leaned over and said her friend wanted to talk to me. so i instead talked to her friend for 10 minutes and then approached her. we talked and she put her # in my phone and that was that.

that was when i was in my comfort zone of not approaching anyone. up until recently, any girl i've been with was the result of her approaching me or circumstances bringing us together (school project for example).

so it happens but you i know now that i'm single and wanting to enjoy myself i need to be proactive about things.

as well, is it a bad sign when a you get a girls # but she doesn't ask you yours in return?