Girlfriends talking/hanging with guys from the past

change11

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this?

I've been with agirl for a little over a year. We're both 21, both first serious relationships. All is pretty good, but she I found out she didn't tell me the whole story about one of her friends. I asked her if she talked to/hung out with anyone and she had a history with and she did answer and tell me everything.

Back in high school, she got wasted and banged one of her friends a few times. She says she regrets it, it was a mistake, wishes she could back and not do it, etc. I've never met this guy. But I almost did one night, she wanted me to meet him but he couldn't make it. She says that she doesn't really even see him much anymore. He just texts her and she texts him back. And he is in a long term relationship. She knows his girlfriend, showed me her text messages with him (I never asked her to do this)

I get really ****ing pissed off when I think about it, I sorta see her as a slut when I thinka bout it. She would've had me meet this guy and prolly never told me that she banged him before. Then again, it was only a few drunken hook ups years before I even met her and she regrets it.

It's sort hard to let go of because it feels like a complete lack of respect torwards me. I flipped out on her a few times about and she seems to genuinly feel awful about. Like, she bawls her eyes out so bad..I've never seen her cry so much. Whenever I flipout she crys cuz she thinkgs I'm going to dump her. One time she told me to just call her instead of she her because she couldn't handle me dumnping her face to face. So she seems remourseful. She said she udnerstands now how wrong what she did was. But she won't just stop talking to him...she doesnt feel ok with me telling her that she cant talk to someone.

WHat doyou guys think? Idk how to really KNOW if she's for real or not. I find it all disrspectful but at the same time I dont' really wanna throw the relationship out, but I'm prepared to if anything else comes out.

How would you guys handle this situation?

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't tell a person that they can't talk to another.

You could say to her that "it's disrespectful to me that are texting and talking to another guy". Then if she keeps doing it, dump her faster than a prom dress falls off and don't look back.

oneboy21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, You cannot change the histroy.
She did it thats all, you are saying that she is regretting it, thats ok i think.
All girl do it, will do and will do
you cannot change.

Cherokee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from, and you sound a little insecure. But most of us are with our first serious partner. So what has happened here, is that you've found out you're not her first... and so your ego has taken a knock.

She did it, she regrets it, so you should find a solution which will help you overcome your issue and not tread on her personal space.

Personally, I'd give yourself some time to get over it. Go talk to some other girls yourself, even out the karma. She'll soon stop talking to the other guy.

GhostWriter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the OP had any intention of telling his girl who she can or can't see.

He just wanted to know what his options are in this situation.

You can only tell her that you find it a little weird/disrespectful.
If she keeps doing it then dump her. Any other method and her interest level will plummet (from my limited experiences).

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tell her once that you find it disrespectful...she crosses the line you walk out...
That is a Man's strongest weapon THE ABILITY TO WALK AWAY

ELMER_GANTRY

Don Juan
Reaction score
change11 said:
What do you guys think of this?

I think that you shouldn't let her disrespect you.

I've been with agirl for a little over a year. We're both 21, both first serious relationships.

First relationships almost never work out. She is immature.

All is pretty good,

doesn't sound too good to me for you.

but she I found out she didn't tell me the whole story about one of her friends.

Why would she? She doesn't want you to know. They never do tell you the whole story do they? The "friend" always seems to involve another guy. If it's a "good guy friend" you can always bet the saw his d**k at one time, in which this case, she has, like most other girls.

I asked her if she talked to/hung out with anyone and she had a history with and she did answer and tell me everything.

Did you just ask her that? Or did you know about another guy before you asked her?

Back in high school, she got wasted and banged one of her friends a few times.

Sounds like she got wasted and banged by this guy quite a bit. More than once usually isn't good for you and is not a mistake. That means he was her f*** buddy.

She says she regrets it, it was a mistake, wishes she could back and not do it, etc.

That is what she says to you. If it was a one time thing then you can buy the regret comment. You said a "few times" so she knew what she was doing. She wanted to be banged by him several times. If she regreted it so much, she wouldn't even be talking to this guy. If you regretted something, you sure wouldn't want to re live it all over again. You would want to forget it. wouldn't you? She is talking and hanging out with him. Sure sounds like she doesn't regret it to me.

I've never met this guy. But I almost did one night, she wanted me to meet him but he couldn't make it. She says that she doesn't really even see him much anymore. He just texts her and she texts him back. And he is in a long term relationship. She knows his girlfriend, showed me her text messages with him (I never asked her to do this)

She shouldn't even be seeing or talkng to him in the first place. He also has a girlfriend so he shouldn't be talking to her. Of course she will show you the "good" text messages she sent. She wants you to see there is nothing going on so she can contnue to talk and see him behind your back. She sure won't show the "other" texts she probably sends to him or even some pictures she sends him. Chicks do that to pretend to show the guy that nothing is really going on when there actually is.

I get really ****ing pissed off when I think about it,

Yes, you should be. You shouldn't allow her to disrespect you like she is doing, or you will lose your girlfriend because she will lose her attraction for you. You let it get out of hand already. That's why she doesn't listen to you.

I sorta see her as a slut when I thinka bout it.

That was in the past before you knew her, and you can't control what she did or who she had sex with when she was in high school. But you shouldn't allow her to do that behavior now and especially be hanging out with an old f*** buddy.

She would've had me meet this guy and prolly never told me that she banged him before.

She shouldn't even see him or have you meet him. why would she tell you that? She won't tell you that automatically.

Then again, it was only a few drunken hook ups years before I even met her and she regrets it.

"Only a few drunken hook ups" Why are you giving her the benefit of the doubt on this? Don't do that. This is serious stuff for you man. Not good. It was a "few drunken hook ups." She knew what she was doing and wanted it. One time, I can see that would be mistake, but not a few. How do you even know she was drunk? She could just be saying she was drunk. It doesn't matter. You know that she hooked up with the guy several times and is seeing him. She wanted it. She doesn't regret it either or she wouldn't be talking or hanging out with this guy. They always say they regret it, but they never do.

It's sort hard to let go of because it feels like a complete lack of respect torwards me.

You shouldn't let it go. It is a lack of respect to you. But I'm afraid the damage is done, and you should of put her in her place instead of talking it out with her, and letting it get out of hand like it is now.

I flipped out on her a few times about and she seems to genuinly feel awful about. Like, she bawls her eyes out so bad..I've never seen her cry so much. Whenever I flipout she crys cuz she thinkgs I'm going to dump her. One time she told me to just call her instead of she her because she couldn't handle me dumnping her face to face. So she seems remourseful. She said she udnerstands now how wrong what she did was. But she won't just stop talking to him...she doesnt feel ok with me telling her that she cant talk to someone.

she already brought up the word "dumping" to you. You can see where this is headed now. She doesn't see how wrong it is. She doesn't care. she is doing what she wants and your word is no good to her. She still has a thing for this guy and she will still continue to talk to him.

WHat doyou guys think? Idk how to really KNOW if she's for real or not. I find it all disrspectful but at the same time I dont' really wanna throw the relationship out, but I'm prepared to if anything else comes out.

This is "her" relationship that she is controlling now. She does what she wants and doesn't listen to you. Why should you let her disrespect you and let her hang out with a guy who has banged her several times already? Chances are the next time they hang out he will bang her and will be her f*** buddy. Also, why should you let her do what she wants and then she will eventually dump you. This "guy friend" of her's will just be using her for the on the side sex as he did before. He already has a girlfriend, he only wants her for the hook ups as he did before.

How would you guys handle this situation?

First of all she is disrespecting you and your relationship. She has her old f*** buddy that she is talking to and hanging out with. She even wanted you to meet him. You have told her what you thought about this, she doesn't respect you, your word is no good, she is controlling your relationship. She is in charge and is running the show, while you sit back and watch. That is not a good thing to do, because it will end for you very soon.

You waited too long to nip it in the bud. That's what happens when you do that and the disrespect starts. She doesn't listen to you. Your word is no good. You are the PERFECT example of the thread I wrote about disrespect. You should read it.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184662

Now, since she doesn't listen to you, and is still talking to and hanging out with this guy, and already mentioned "dumping" , which doesn't look too good for you, you can do two things. I wouldn't be disrespected like that, I wouldn't put up with behavior like that.

2 THINGS YOU SHOULD DO TODAY

1.) You can tell her off and put her in her place about talking and hanging with this guy. Tell her that you won't put up with this behavior anymore from her. Tell her that if she continues to disrespect you by hanging out then the relationship is over. Tell her that he is already taken and that she is disrespecting you and his girlfriend and you won't be treated that way. Then if she cries and refuses, then you dump her. Why should you put up with that? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that she will be banging him again, if she already hasn't. If you dump her, you will have leverage in the future if you want to continue or use her for a f*** buddy.

2.) If you feel your relationship is worth saving, you can do this. Start talking and hanging out with other girls. Let her see you talking to them. Let her hear you talking to them. Let her watch you talking to them. She is doing that to you isn't she? Do the same to her. She won't like it one bit. She can't say nothing to you about it, because she is doing the same to you. Her IL might go up and you will be in control and her word will no good. You turn the tables on her. Plus it will give you the statisfaction of making her feel like she made you feel all this time.

So do either one, but I wouldn't let her disrespect me one bit, and if she continues to, you dump her. Then when you do, and her "friend" doesn't want nothing to do with her except as an f*** buddy, she will come back to you, and it will be up to you if you want her back or not.

First relationships don't usually work, and she is already disrespecting you. You already have thoughts for dumping her, so find another girl who won't be talking and hanging out with some other guy she used to bang. She is already doing what she wants anyway, and sooner or later your relationship will be over, so its best not to let it drag on and go through drama and b.s.

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i see alot of people saying "just walk away" but sometimes dont you feel like that would be out of the blue?

like sure you made your point known but its kinda like... now nobody wins. you just dont lose.

K2000kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
is "disrespectful" really the best word to use when talking to women about bad behavior? I always found it makes me sound like a school teacher or something. i always said "not cool" followed by a stern look or something like that. YMMV

change11

Don Juan
Reaction score
She said it happened twice. I didn't know about the guy, I just asked her if she talked to/hung out with anyone from the past. I was referring to him as a **** buddy when I've flipped out on her, but she says he wasn't even a **** buddy and that it was just a mistake, she regrets it, etc. She said HE texts her, she just responds. She doesn't initiate hanging out with him, and he doesn't ask her to hang out with him.

PLUS...if she was still banging him or wanted to be banging him would she even tell me that they hooked up in high school? Why wouldn't she just lie and be like "oh no I don't talk to or hang out with any guys from my past?"

She could easily delete the texts to make it appear innocent. Maybe I am giving her the benefit of the doubt too much. What if the next time I see her I try and catch her off guard by something like "hey any good texts from ____? How about you show me your phone right now". Maybe have her pull up her facebook? Just completely catch her off guard with it. I haven't mentioned anything about this situation to her in a while so could think that I truly don't care about it anymore. Then if she declines I'll just act like I don't really care too much and say something like "alright, I think you should go home (or go see him), I'm going out to the strip clubs with the guys." I also thought about saying something like "I was a party and ran into these girls that I used to chill with, we went out for drinks it was really fun they are really cool girls!" even though I haven't run into any of them.

There's girls that I banged a few times in my past that I could talk to, see occaisionally but would never bang again - I know I can get better than those girls. So I can see that it could be innocent but it's still a ****ty position to be in.

Also...when she mentioned dumping, she said she thinks that I'M going to to dump her. She has never said anything about her dumping me.

As for telling her that if she continues to talk to him/hang out with him, couldn't that backfire in my face? Maybe she says OK and stays true to her word about it, then starts to resent and goes and talks to him behind my back.

56andre

Don Juan
Reaction score
If she really liked you, she'd go out of her way to make sure u never know....

look man, just assume every girl is a slut......usually the innocent ones are the most sluttiest (undercover sluts) if a girl thinks she will get away with it she'll do it......ooh some of the stories you wouldn't believe if I told u!!!

read some of the tips on this site,
go fvck 10 women,
& after, you wont even know why you were worrying about this sh1t

AllAboutTheChase

Reaction score
Start pumping someone else on the side, claiming to her it's an old friend from high school. It's a total **** move, but it will make you feel great.

Or end it.

Regardless, unless you construct some master plan to potentially catch her in the act, you are never going to know if she actually cheating is or not. Without trust, there is doubt. And that doubt is going to tear apart your relationship.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey OP

you got some great advice here.

why dont you use it instead of making excuses for your girlfriend?

that is all I see from you on here. excuse after excuse

Stop making excuses for her

why do you let her treat you that way? you let her do it to you.

you make excuses for her disrespectful behavior. why?

she won't change bro. she won't stop talking to him unless you do something

do you like that some guy that used nail your gf is chilling and talking with her?

that would make me mad. you just give excuses. you let her do it.

i'm willing to bet the house bro that he will do it again.

he is gaming her good bro and youre letting her get played.

do you want her to hook up with him again? she will.

she will dump you soon if you dont do anything.

then you come back and tell us how it all happened

just warning you of what will happen.

change11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Going according to these "guidelines" would say to give her the boot. Though I think there might be more to it in this situation.

This has been going on for like 2 months, but she was friends with him before I even met her, I've only known for 2 months. If she's banging him on the side why would she stick around all the times I flip out on her? What would she possibly be getting from that that is worth it? You guys all say "shes gonna dump you soon man", well it's been 2 months and she hasn't done anything.

There would be no point to stay....I have a good amount of money but she doesn't know about it and I don't spend much money on her she always offers to split the tab/pay if I paid last time, the sex is really good for her but you can always find other people to have good sex with. We live like 30mins apart and both work a lot so it actually takes effort to meet up....and she is asking me to hang out practically everyday. This past week I saw her like three days in a row then I wanted the weekend to myself and she asked me everyday if I wanted to hang out, when I said I was busy she would ask about the next day, blow my phone up with stupid texts "hey whats up?" "omg work was crazy today"...blah blah blah. IL is high.

The only the points to her being full of **** is that she still texts the guy, I guess I'll never KNOW exactly what's going on though. But I don't think this has a clear cut answer

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
women have guys from the past present and future.. you cant stop women from having plenty men your best bet is let her be free and get as many other sex options as you can to keep some power..

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
change11 said:
Going according to these "guidelines" would say to give her the boot. Though I think there might be more to it in this situation.

This has been going on for like 2 months, but she was friends with him before I even met her, I've only known for 2 months. If she's banging him on the side why would she stick around all the times I flip out on her? What would she possibly be getting from that that is worth it? You guys all say "shes gonna dump you soon man", well it's been 2 months and she hasn't done anything.

There would be no point to stay....I have a good amount of money but she doesn't know about it and I don't spend much money on her she always offers to split the tab/pay if I paid last time, the sex is really good for her but you can always find other people to have good sex with. We live like 30mins apart and both work a lot so it actually takes effort to meet up....and she is asking me to hang out practically everyday. This past week I saw her like three days in a row then I wanted the weekend to myself and she asked me everyday if I wanted to hang out, when I said I was busy she would ask about the next day, blow my phone up with stupid texts "hey whats up?" "omg work was crazy today"...blah blah blah. IL is high.

The only the points to her being full of **** is that she still texts the guy, I guess I'll never KNOW exactly what's going on though. But I don't think this has a clear cut answer

OP why are you still defending her? Why are you making excuses for her still?

you came here to get advice and you don't want to take it.

So dont take any of it and do what you want to do.

im not the one with a gf chilling with her f buddy and disrespecting me. you are.

banging a guy twice... still chilling with him and texting him is bad news....not a mistake

She is his f buddy and he has a gf already. that is why she sticks around with you still. when he dumps his gf she will dump you. she is keeping you around till she gets him.

you think you know it all. so stick around a chick who doesnt listen to you and chills and texts her f buddy. then you will see what happens to you after.

why did you even make a thread for? It was a waste of time

close the thread...this guy doesnt want to listen and only makes excuses. no need to add anymore or give anymore advice to someone like this.

hope you get to meet her f buddy soon. lol

have fun with that one!

change11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace_Magnamus said:
OP why are you still defending her? Why are you making excuses for her still?

you came here to get advice and you don't want to take it.

So dont take any of it and do what you want to do.

im not the one with a gf chilling with her f buddy and disrespecting me. you are.

banging a guy twice... still chilling with him and texting him is bad news....not a mistake

She is his f buddy and he has a gf already. that is why she sticks around with you still. when he dumps his gf she will dump you. she is keeping you around till she gets him.

you think you know it all. so stick around a chick who doesnt listen to you and chills and texts her f buddy. then you will see what happens to you after.

why did you even make a thread for? It was a waste of time

close the thread...this guy doesnt want to listen and only makes excuses. no need to add anymore or give anymore advice to someone like this.

hope you get to meet her f buddy soon. lol

have fun with that one!
You're changing the situation.

She DOESN'T hang out with him, she DOESN'T initiate contact with him. HE texts her from time to time and she responds. It hasn't even happened for a couple weeks.

They were both SINGLE when I met her, why didn't they get together then? He actually changed gf's while we've been together. So Ace, why didn't she dump me then so the two of them could get together? Why didn't they get together any other time in the past when they were both single?

I talked to her some more...she is willing to do whatever it takes to keep me around, she said she doesn't want to lose me over this. She said she'll show me everything, let me on her facebook/phone anytime I want.

I know it's easy to jump to the conclusion that she is full of **** but 1. if they really wanted to be together, and they've had chances where they could, why didn't ti happen? 2. Why would she put so much care/effort into keeping me around when she could just find someone else to bang while she waits for this guy to dump his gf. She's a girl, she could have a new guy to bang her in one day if she wanted. What you're saying doesn't add up to the signs she's showing.

I really am thinking about everything you've said, it's just that the way she is acting and what you're saying, Ace, doesn't match up.

P

perseverance

I'll be in the minority here, but I don't think it is a problem for a girl and a guy to be friends. I have females friends and some of their boyfriends have stopped them being in contact with me and others haven't.

I think it comes down to maturity and how much you are secure and how much you trust your partner. If a girl is going to cheat, she's going to cheat on you, male friends or not. I don't think what your girlfriend has done is wrong, you're just being a good boyfriend and it is natural to be a bit insecure and jealous (protective), but don't jump the gun and force her away from you.

Until you have concrete evidence that something has/is going on then I wouldn't worry about it and don't let the bitterness or insecurity from some posters on this forum seep into your mindset.

Everyone has a past and it is possible for people who have slept together/dated to be friends. Never slate someone for having a past, we all have one.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can't take the truth then you shouldn't be posting on this forum.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
change11 said:
You're changing the situation.

She DOESN'T hang out with him, she DOESN'T initiate contact with him. HE texts her from time to time and she responds. It hasn't even happened for a couple weeks.

They were both SINGLE when I met her, why didn't they get together then? He actually changed gf's while we've been together. So Ace, why didn't she dump me then so the two of them could get together? Why didn't they get together any other time in the past when they were both single?

I talked to her some more...she is willing to do whatever it takes to keep me around, she said she doesn't want to lose me over this. She said she'll show me everything, let me on her facebook/phone anytime I want.

I know it's easy to jump to the conclusion that she is full of **** but 1. if they really wanted to be together, and they've had chances where they could, why didn't ti happen? 2. Why would she put so much care/effort into keeping me around when she could just find someone else to bang while she waits for this guy to dump his gf. She's a girl, she could have a new guy to bang her in one day if she wanted. What you're saying doesn't add up to the signs she's showing.

I really am thinking about everything you've said, it's just that the way she is acting and what you're saying, Ace, doesn't match up.

haha this guy is questioning me more than his gf. that is who he should be questioning.

this guy is so naive its friggin funny. this is your first relationship bro. you believe everything a chick tells you? you have a lot to learn.

why did you even write a thread then if you believe everything she says?

you're changing your story around man. your thread says.....gf talking/HANGING with guys from the past.

you said this: But I almost did one night, she wanted me to meet him but he couldn't make it. She says that she doesn't really even see him much anymore.

so what is it bro? why change it around?

are you with her 24/7? how do you know if she texts him or not?

she still responds to him....if she didnt like him she wouldnt respond to him at all.

When chicks text me that I dont want to talk to I ignore them. Why doesn't she?

Why does she want you to meet him?

Why does she still text him when you told her not to?

you're not with her 24/7 bro you dont know what she does or did. you just listen to what she tells you.

you change your story each post to justify your unmanly behavior toward your gf and to defend her and give excuses.

come back when she dumps you or when you find out she is fing her f buddy again behind your back.

have fun and you better rubber up!