Girlfriend having a male friend stay the weekend?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EastWind said:
This is a topic that has been brought up many times on the forum and the big, big issue with the "don't be cool with your girl having male friends" thing is that it wrongs all the girls - no matter how many or how little there are - who genuinely just want to catch up with an old friend over a coffee.
The same girls who would be uncomfortable with it if their guys did that. So that obviously know they are putting their guy in a compromising and uncomfortable position but don't care and aren't putting the relationship before their little whims, or are too stupid to realize what they should be doing.

So fvck em.

Game617

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few of my friends think if the dude stays at a hotel, especially where it was planned before we got serious, that it's no big deal. My man said I should mention going out with them Friday night, and if she's edgy about it then something is up.

I did. She say's he might be tired from the long flight and want to stay in the hotel...My response, then what the **** are doing? Now she texts me saying she'll be staying at my place for the weekend.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EastWind said:
he way for a woman who's really into you to play this out is either to invite you over for the weekend as well, get the know the guy ("He's really great, you'll get along!") OR for HER to stay at YOUR place while he's crashing at her place. No problem with letting him stay there alone, since they're such good friends, right?
Her offering to introduce me to the guy wouldn't cut any ice with me, I would still find it inapporopriate.

The second solution, her staying at your place while the guy stays at hers, was used in The Big Band Theory when the same situation came up (the episode is called The Guitarist Amplification).

mrRuckus said:
The same girls who would be uncomfortable with it if their guys did that.
I don't think it comes up as often with guys though. Most guys would realize this would be crossing a boundary. And most men who would have women stay over are guys who avoid commitments.

SSBS

Don Juan
Reaction score
What the **** did I just read????

One month in, you love her and have the keys to her place?

You're all focusing on the wrong issues.

A few guys have said "ask her what she would do if the situation was reversed"

Women do not think that way. That is logic. That makes sense. Therefore that has no place in the conversation. How old is the OP?

The guy flying 2 1/2 hours to "visit" and sleep on the imaginary pull out couch...come on man. That's like Chicago to Atlanta.

Pure troll thread.

SSBS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Big brother it. Put cams all over so you can catch them banging all over the apartment.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SSBS said:
A few guys have said "ask her what she would do if the situation was reversed"

Women do not think that way. That is logic. That makes sense.
I agree, a girl like this probably isn't going to respond well to that. Her mind is going to be focused on getting what she wants, the sleepover with this guy. She isn't going to care about hypothetical situations.

You would have to actually present her with a real girl you'll be spending time with, and an attractive one at that, or she isn't going to care. Otherwise it's just an empty bluff.

I would just tell her I had no interest in having a girlfriend who has other guys sleep over at her house. And this is the most important part: I would mean it. Life's too short.