Girlfriend dancing with guys etc

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends entirely on the type of "scene"
personally I don't like salsa, since I prefer Lindy/Swing
Most of the time, in social dancing scenes where people are seriously learning the dance and gain that skill, they aren't interested in finding a relationship or a hookup.

In fact, when a guy is turned on at Blues dancing, one girl will tell the other follows and the other follows will refuse to dance with him...because the girls are just there to dance and nothing more.

This isn't a cut and dry scenario where "if the girl goes social dancing she is going to cheat". There is a significant difference between grinding randoms in a club and doing structured social dancing (where it is actually frowned upon to dance with the same person too many times). In fact it looks weird when people come to dances with their significant other and refuse to dance with anyone else...where is the fun? You are always going to stay at the same level of dancing if you only dance with the same person.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you all seriously gay in the States or what? In the UK only gay/metro men would dream of going to salsa dancing lessons, it reeks of vanity and desperation.

Most women would much rather have the dude who is hammering up the guttering or tinkering on his motorbike.

Some of you go to dancing lessons, seriously guys?

A woman who wants to learn this sort of dancing screams "slut" to me, and if she genuinely was impressed by men who have these sorts of interests, she should be dumped on principle. What is manly about dancing? Gayest thing ever.

B

BeDJ

Fruitbat said:
Are you all seriously gay in the States or what? In the UK only gay/metro men would dream of going to salsa dancing lessons, it reeks of vanity and desperation.

Most women would much rather have the dude who is hammering up the guttering or tinkering on his motorbike.

Some of you go to dancing lessons, seriously guys?

A woman who wants to learn this sort of dancing screams "slut" to me, and if she genuinely was impressed by men who have these sorts of interests, she should be dumped on principle. What is manly about dancing? Gayest thing ever.
Dancing demonstrates your ability to lead her physically, mentally and emotionally. There aren't many opportunities to do this upon initial interaction. Dancing allows you to covertly make her the s|ut you want her to be. The sexual tensions of intimate dancing allows her to be as s|utty as she wants without being judged. I had a hot milf rubbing my c0ck on the dance floor while her husband watched. Women want to be s|uts, you just have to be there to bring it out without making them look like one. Like when I have a boner because of a girl, but I don't want her to know. So I have to subtly convey that I have a boner. My boner is like her reasoning - unpredictable and illogical.

On another note, women do not give a sh!t what you do if it doesn't stimulate them at that moment in time. You have to let them find out for themselves. Talking about your hobbies will make them lose interest when you first meet/date them. You may think it's cool that you work on motorcycles, but she will perceive as trying to impress her.

Anyways, my jimmies are now officially rustled because you said dancing is gay, implying I am a faggot for enjoying it.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I enjoy dance. I don't mind if some people think it's gay.

If anything, it's helping me be learn to be MORE masculine not less.

The follower (female) has to do exactly what you lead her to do. While I can lead ok in real life, dance is teaching me to really take charge.

Plus you get to practice with all types of females so you become as comfortable with a hottie as with an old lady.

Generally:

If she finds you attractive, your hobbies are great.

If she doesn't find you attractive, your hobbies are gay/lame/stupid, etc.

casaanova

Don Juan
Reaction score
pyros said:
Hi.

what would you do if your HB7.5 21 years old girlfriend starts to go to salsa lessons, where she meets a lot of new ppl, a lot of new guys, and then she starts to go out to dance salsa with all these new friends? She also posts a lot of pictures of her dancing, huging his new male friends (girls as well), etc, etc?
That alone isn't good, outside the entire realm of cheating. She's forming a [new] social group with you being the outlier, and it won't be long before the group starts making executive decisions without your relationship's best interests in mind - and this WILL eventually lead to cheating.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but if your hobby is dancing, she will KNOW that you are not doing it because you like it. What man could enjoy dancing over lifting weights, watching sports, fishing etc? It shows obviously you are doing it for female approval - end of story. things like breakdancing are a bit different, but salsa etc are certified chick interests, and going to classes for it FFS shows that you choose to spend your time searching for female approval. I don't believe that any hetro guy would have this on their "interest" list if it wasn't for the fact that chicks would like it. It's like going to do a fashion course.

Dancing IS a great way to get women, and I have spent a lot of my time in clubs dancing and grinding, but going to faggy lessons is something completely different.

perhaps it's a cultural thing because in my group of friends, if I announced I was going to salsa dancing lessons, the hoots of laughter would be loud. This just isn't proper male behaviour over here. Guys with GFs would do it together.

Incidentally, like I said, I would drop a girl who had a big interest in this sort of thing, because she is clearly doing it for the wrong reasons, because she sees men as spurious playthings and not as proper men. The sort of woman who reads mills and boon and dreams of some latino lover humping her by the fire while listening to opera. She is an airhead who is wrapped up in false romantic notions learned from movies, and not a woman who has transitioned from that into liking actual men with balls. She is the equivilant of the male who chases airhead blondes with boob jobs.

Many women might indulge in these fantasies in their juvinile minds, but usually are drawn to solid men of character in reality.....they just couldn't deal with some metro dude with all these female interests.

The idea a woman would think your hobby of tinkering with motorbikes was done to impress her, but think that your salsa dance lessons is your true passion is comical.

I dream of the day I am in competition with a dude who lets slip he loves salsa dancing, that is cue to be ripped apart. Live life for your own interests and not to impress women.

Like I say, nothing wrong with dancing, but doing it in a class format in a formalised way is for couples, the metro, and the old. Perhaps yoga class is next? Or cake decorating? "It's my true passion" LOL

Actually there are very few young women over here who would be interested in it. Salsa and tango and all those sexual dances seem to be reserved for middle aged or 30 something spinsters.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruitbat said:
Sorry guys, but if your hobby is dancing, she will KNOW that you are not doing it because you like it. What man could enjoy dancing over lifting weights, watching sports, fishing etc? It shows obviously you are doing it for female approval - end of story. things like breakdancing are a bit different, but salsa etc are certified chick interests, and going to classes for it FFS shows that you choose to spend your time searching for female approval. I don't believe that any hetro guy would have this on their "interest" list if it wasn't for the fact that chicks would like it. It's like going to do a fashion course.

Dancing IS a great way to get women, and I have spent a lot of my time in clubs dancing and grinding, but going to faggy lessons is something completely different.

perhaps it's a cultural thing because in my group of friends, if I announced I was going to salsa dancing lessons, the hoots of laughter would be loud. This just isn't proper male behaviour over here. Guys with GFs would do it together.

Incidentally, like I said, I would drop a girl who had a big interest in this sort of thing, because she is clearly doing it for the wrong reasons, because she sees men as spurious playthings and not as proper men. The sort of woman who reads mills and boon and dreams of some latino lover humping her by the fire while listening to opera. She is an airhead who is wrapped up in false romantic notions learned from movies, and not a woman who has transitioned from that into liking actual men with balls. She is the equivilant of the male who chases airhead blondes with boob jobs.

Many women might indulge in these fantasies in their juvinile minds, but usually are drawn to solid men of character in reality.....they just couldn't deal with some metro dude with all these female interests.

The idea a woman would think your hobby of tinkering with motorbikes was done to impress her, but think that your salsa dance lessons is your true passion is comical.

I dream of the day I am in competition with a dude who lets slip he loves salsa dancing, that is cue to be ripped apart. Live life for your own interests and not to impress women.

Like I say, nothing wrong with dancing, but doing it in a class format in a formalised way is for couples, the metro, and the old. Perhaps yoga class is next? Or cake decorating? "It's my true passion" LOL

Actually there are very few young women over here who would be interested in it. Salsa and tango and all those sexual dances seem to be reserved for middle aged or 30 something spinsters.
i used to train at martial arts gym that was right next to place that taught dancing lessons, and whenever id pass by and see the lame dudes in there dancing instead of learning martial arts and pushing their minds and bodies to the limits it really made me shake my head and i felt disgust for those men, and i felt they were really weak inside and out, regardless of the fact that some of the men may or may not have been pulling chicks

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
foreverAFC said:
i used to train at martial arts gym that was right next to place that taught dancing lessons, and whenever id pass by and see the lame dudes in there dancing instead of learning martial arts and pushing their minds and bodies to the limits it really made me shake my head and i felt disgust for those men, and i felt they were really weak inside and out, regardless of the fact that some of the men may or may not have been pulling chicks
True.

On another note....

Here is a rough guide to the female reasons:

She likes......

Pole Dancing = I am a slut who has thoughts of trying to make men hot in my head 24/7

Salsa Dancing = I want an excuse to be a slut while retaining some shred of credibility

Tango = see salsa dancing, but I desparately want the man to be of mediterrenean decent

Hip Hop = Please can some well hung black dudes gang bang me

Normal dancing in clubs = I am a normal girl

He likes

Pole dancing = gay

Salsa/tango = Please approve me, women

Hip Hop = I am black, or I wish I was!!!

Normal dancing in clubs = normal dude

I can't talk, I am a white guy who learned how to c-walk in my own time purely because I wanted some cool moves to pull in clubs.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to give this chick credit because she has found a legitimate way to get attention from men along with a lot of kino. Then she gets to post it all up on Facebook.

Now if I were this guy's boyfriend I would be thinking how can I put myself into a similar situation where I would be surrounded by hot women. If she's doing it, it's only fair, right?

Problem is, a lot of these situations are non-productive (like drinking in a club). And for a guy who is out to improve himself, that doesn't take you too far.

The girl's only 21, odds are she isn't going to stay with you anyway. I'd keep my eyes open for other attractive young women to deal with.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Whatever man, I can dance awesome and I love going out and doing it. I dance liquid/popping/tutting/gliding/electro...doesn't mean I want to be black. Fruitbat you sound like a douche bag trying to justify why he can't dance. Why is it that black guys are the only ones permitted to be good dancers? I can sink 90% of the dancers I come across cause I just like doing it. I'm also proficient in 8 martial arts... I don't see how doing martial arts makes you better than learning to dance. Not only is dancing fun, it can help you on dates, make you popular among friends and give you something to teach others that people always want to learn, plus its just fvcking cool to watch if you are good at it. It also feels great to be able to enjoy music on a different level... being able to move your body rhythmically to beats, makes electronic music so much more fun. You can also out alpha the entire club of roid raging meatballs by being the first one to get on an empty dance floor. I always meet club managers who come up to me and ask me to go up on the stages, we usually get free drinks and VIP at associate clubs.

Sounds like the OC douche bags trying to justify why they can't dance.

That said, I would dump this b1tch so fast it would make your head spin. You are an idiot if you think she won't be attracted to guys who can dance... women come at me like flies to sh1t when I'm at the club, boyfriends or no... (which happened two nights ago actually), unfortunately I'm married and my wife sits within two meters of me at all times to swat the flies. The fact is women love guys who can dance...dancing is basically extremely confident body language and shameless self promotion. Women love arrogant guys who can broadcast that. I've blown away my share of women on the clubfloor, only to have their boyfriends come at me later on that night and try and mimic me or shove me... shows serious insecurity, especially when I taunt them later on. That only happens in merka though, here in Asia, if you can dance you are king of the club.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ouch, LivefreeX hitting me where it hurts, my dancing skills.....**** that's painful.

If you can dance good, great! I learned a few moves too and can do a bit, certainly no slouch.

Going on to an empty dancefloor and pulling clearly rehearsed moves is a little attention whorish. Sure girls will dig it, as we dig chicks who can dance....depends on who you are. If a chick did that it would raise a few flags for me, but that's me...but any chick who is into dancing, modelling or anything which is centred around getting attention of any sexual nature is a red flag for me. Ok for a bang I guess, and if you are picking up bangs for your dancing, good for you man!

I was just saying I would be embarrased to say I was going to dancing classes.....and I find an interest in this a bit metro and I would probably think a guy was a bit odd if I was introduced to them and they said that's what they did for fun, over things like sport and stuff like that. I am not a chick though.

I am really not that bothered, and I was just saying that a chick who really digs men who go to salsa class aren't looking for a proper man, they are looking for something else. Well done on all your martial arts, that cancels out all the metrosexuality of dance class.

LearningSlowly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mostly to Fruitbat, you're ****ing dumb.

You think that your hobbies are more valuable than someone else's? A dancer, a jewelry maker and a interior designer should be judged on their SKILLS, not judged because their choice of hobby is more "feminine" (who decided those things are feminine anyway?)

A female boxer shouldn't be called a d!ke anymore than a male dancer should be called a f@g. It's all stupid judgment. Work on yourself, don't waste your time deciding how other people should spend their time. If your life goal is to attract women, you can do it no matter what hobbies you choose. Believe it or not, there are intelligent women out there who understand that being good at a skill is worth a whole lot more than having conceited notions of masculinity.

Now go on, have some little comeback telling me how I'm a pvssy or whatever. Doesn't mean ****.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LearningSlowly said:

You think that your hobbies are more valuable than someone else's? A dancer, a jewelry maker and a interior designer should be judged on their SKILLS, not judged because their choice of hobby is more "feminine" (who decided those things are feminine anyway?)

A female boxer shouldn't be called a d!ke anymore than a male dancer should be called a f@g. It's all stupid judgment. Work on yourself, don't waste your time deciding how other people should spend their time. If your life goal is to attract women, you can do it no matter what hobbies you choose. Believe it or not, there are intelligent women out there who understand that being good at a skill is worth a whole lot more than having conceited notions of masculinity.

Now go on, have some little comeback telling me how I'm a pvssy or whatever. Doesn't mean ****.
You're a pvssy or whatever.

You think that your hobbies are more valuable than someone else's? - Yes, that's why I do them and not something else.

You wouldn't call a female boxer a d1ke? I presume you vote Democrat and are a vegetarian?

You sound a little upset, perhaps your cake decorating course isn't getting you as many lays as you hoped?

No need to get so angry.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruitbat said:
perhaps it's a cultural thing because in my group of friends, if I announced I was going to salsa dancing lessons, the hoots of laughter would be loud.
It IS a cultural thing. Or maybe just limited to your group of friends. Around here nobody would think it's weird. This sounds like a very "high school" mentality that I haven't encountered in years.

Fruitbat said:
Your own interests can include salsa dancing...

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
handle said:
It IS a cultural thing. Or maybe just limited to your group of friends. Around here nobody would think it's weird. This sounds like a very "high school" mentality that I haven't encountered in years.

Your own interests can include salsa dancing...
No, I think it's a UK thing. Seriously, there are very, very few men over here who wouldn't think it was a bit odd. Unless you were from the London metro set.

I am having a hard time believing that a man would have a sincere interest in salsa dancing. I just can't see the attracting in the discipline itself. perhaps I have limited interests but just can't see anything to interest me, and I know of no men who aren't gay who have a sincere interest in this sort of thing.

Just pictured myself talking to a new chick in the UK and saying "yeah, I really enjoy salsa and I go to salsa lessons". It's definitely a cultural thing if this isn't seen as a bit gay in the US, because it sure would be here.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruitbat said:
No, I think it's a UK thing. Seriously, there are very, very few men over here who wouldn't think it was a bit odd. Unless you were from the London metro set.

I am having a hard time believing that a man would have a sincere interest in salsa dancing. I just can't see the attracting in the discipline itself. perhaps I have limited interests but just can't see anything to interest me, and I know of no men who aren't gay who have a sincere interest in this sort of thing.

Just pictured myself talking to a new chick in the UK and saying "yeah, I really enjoy salsa and I go to salsa lessons". It's definitely a cultural thing if this isn't seen as a bit gay in the US, because it sure would be here.

I find it funny that you're worried about something being seen as gay when you say yourself "Live life for your own interests and not to impress women." Isn't that a little bit of a contradiction?

I'm not from the states so I can't really comment on that... I bet in lots of areas of the states people would say it sounds a bit gay, but either way who cares? If a guy legitimately likes something, he's probably just going to come across as more interesting. Fake interests reek of desperation, the interests themselves typically don't.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well from what I can see here both are kinda wrong, as a men you should do what you want without care about what others will think, if you like to dance? good do it, you like mechanics? good do it, stop caring what others thing.

for the op more info here did she invite you at least on her first week? do she tell you about the classes? if she is too quiet, never invited, maybe its time for you to be marked in some photos on facebook with some hot woman

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LearningSlowly said:

Really? So what if a guy has a passion for makeup? You'd say that he should be judged on his makeup application skills and that there is absolutely nothing gay about his hobby?

I agree with Fruitbat that dancing is not something that most heterosexual men do for pure enjoyment. I would make an exception for acid popping ravers... they really do seem to enjoy flailing their limbs around while in a state of stupefied trance. But more traditional dancing, i.e. salsa, ballroom, tango, etc. are not inherently pleasing. Would you enjoy dancing salsa with your grandma or some fugg that you were not attracted to? If the answer is no, you are no dancing for the sheer pleasure.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
You don't have to pop acid to enjoy trance... I'm in love with the music and by that I mean, I simply lose control when I hear it. I have to go dance to it. It does things to me even my wife can't do. ;)

I've never used drugs in my life. Dancing is not gay, now Fruitbat, I can understand where you are coming from about Salsa, I also hate it. Having lived in both Brazil and Mexico though, I have observed that South and Central American's love this music with almost the same passion that I love electronic. Mexican's play this terrible polka music at full volume through subwoofers and turbo charged stereos on every street corner. They also really like marachi stuff... yuck. That said, I don't understand people's need to play a guitar or drums and Pantera/Death Metal or Alternative rock makes me want to puke. I would honestly like to know what influences our music tastes, I think it may have something to do with language.

They way my ear interprets energy patterns (words) and my own language sound natural to me. When I listen to Cantonese talk, it sounds like dying cats in a church choir, Mandarin sounds like a warbling record and birds chirping. Spanish is a bit easier on my ear as in Portuguese which has a sort of sing song like rhythm to it... but its a bit whiny if I listen to it too long and certainly feminine. African's speak with snorts, klicks and strange sounds that are almost unintelligible but their language is cool to listen to.

I wonder what influences those languages have on the music listener. Again, I hate traditional salsa with a passion but south of the border both women and men go ape sh1t over it. Mexicans have a certain way of yelping that is really cool too, and they ALL do it all the time during concerts and marachi songs. The cool thing about Salsa is that THE MAN LEADS, reflecting the southern cultures. If you watch hip hop videos today, rarely does a man lead anything, usually its just some Ho popping her a$$ to the music while the man stands there blandly grinding his crotch into her bottom.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trance music is garbage and if you have studied 8 different martial arts it would be safe to say you haven't mastered any of them...way too many arts IMO..stick to one and master it IMO...unless you are doing the MMA thing of course for striking and ground skills...

I do agree about dancing though...i love it and am good at it...i even mix kungfu forms with dancing at times when i am drinking just for the fun of it and i have recently noticed that my kungfu has actually made me a better dancer because i am more in tune with detailish stuff about how my body moves and am much looser and more fluid than before when i move...