Girlfriend and my friend too flirty?

AwNaw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maverack, dude, I think you need to calm down a little.

She's been your GF for 2 years and he's been your friend for 10 years. If you're really close with both, doesn't it make sense that they would become friends? And when guys and girls are friends, things can get slightly flirty compared to two male friends. I wouldnt worry about it.

Are they really that flirtatious?

I don't know man, I'm good friends with my best friends girlfriend and there has never been any problem. We all hang out, and I'm sure it's not uncommon for her to bring up some funny stuff I did to my best friend. Hell I've slept over at her place, and her at mine, in the same room, and it's never been an issue.

Do you trust these people or not? Thats what this comes down too. You've known them for a very very long time, so I hope you do.

Irs88

Don Juan
Reaction score
abcd_z said:
What, nobody thought to mention a jealousy plotline here?
Honestly, it should be standard operating procedure for any guy when his woman is trying to make him jealous.

Her: "Oh, have you seen [other guy] today? What was he doing?"
You: "No, but I did bump into an old classmate of mine today. It's weird too. You know how some people can pick up after 5 years of never having seen each other, like they'd just seen each other yesterday? Well, that's how it was with her. She was a bit giggly, that was weird. I don't remember her being like that last time we met, but whatever. She made me give her my number, maybe I'll hear from her again."
Her: *nonplussed*

That's just as an example. Obviously, you want to use something that's closer to actual events, just because it can be difficult to make stuff up on the spot. Of course, if you're meeting new people like you really should be doing anyways, this will not be a problem for you.
Or:
Her: "Oh, hi [other guy]! How have you been? Blah blah blah I'm totally interested in you blah blah ignoring my bf!"
You: Drift off and start talking to the nearest attractive woman you can find. Remember, you're not attached at the hip, no matter how much she wants you to believe it.

In either case, expect to field sh*t for that. When she does test you on it (probably as soon as you're not in public), you'll need a C+F attitude and a strong frame or you'll be in a worse position than where you started.
LOLOL. Thats great man. I will be sure to use that if I get into that situation.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maverack said:
General consensus seems to be it's somewhat a lose-lose situation. See I'm the type of guy who, instead of trying to keep them apart, decide to not manipulate the situation at all and let it play out.
Yes sir, you are correct. Lose/lose all the way.

I made a post awhile back about how when you are uncertain of what to do in a situation with a woman, your best course of action is to DO NOTHING. Doesn't mean you tolerate disrespectful behavior, but you are obviously on the fence about it or you wouldn't have even posted this, so I would recommend being vigilant but go about your life.

broken dreams

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
More Cowbell Please said:
Just tell her she sounds like she's in f*cking love with him and she can go f*ck him or shut the f*ck up.
Hey Mav, I tried to help you dude but if you want to just let it happen ...theres no better way than what cowbell just mentioned.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, the best course of action is to have your gf set him up with one of her friends. Thats what friends should do anyway. I'm actually in the friends shoes with several taken chicks. I dont really mean to, but it just happens. Im in a slump too, and theres a couple taken girls that have told me if they get single, "we are SOOO making out." But, thats it. They flirt with me, and thats all it is, but it makes me uncomfortable, the fact that they are taken, so I try not to, but im not gay either. They think Im a rad guy, and I know its for the most part, innocent, but how is the BF supposed to know that? I tell these girls to introduce me to their hot friends, if im "so rad" like they say.

Am I out of line by reciprocating the flirtyness? Maybe I need to tone it down.